Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct

Featured Replies

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

They certainly can, the question is will they?

The Sox deserve credit for taking advantage of circumstances to produce an unexpectedly good season for them, no question.
But to potentially urinate away a 2-0 lead in a best of five? That would be hard to take, it's only happened a handful of times and I don't know if it has ever happened when you won the first two games on the road.

That would be a crusher.

It has. Texas in 2015 was the last time.

  • Replies 125
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Rowand44
    Rowand44

    I made a bad decision last night and bought tickets and will be on my way to Cleveland tomorrow morning. I don't want this fuckin thing to end.

  • I'm still pissed about losing the division to Cleveland. Much like the path we've taken this series, we had a firm grasp on the division and pissed it away. Doing it again in the playoffs will suck ev

  • Falstaff
    Falstaff

    In 20 years, Burke will be honored at The Rail Yard Park, throwing out the first pitch to cheers of "Cleveland Sucks".

27 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I'm glad they did that.

Me too, it could prove to be important Saturday night.

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

It has. Texas in 2015 was the last time.

Thanks!

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

Me too, it could prove to be important Saturday night.

It was dumb and panicky by Vogt but it also shows how little trust he has in certain people in his bullpen in high leverage situations.

If we want to win we will need to score 6+ IMO

6 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They certainly can, the question is will they?

The Sox deserve credit for taking advantage of circumstances to produce an unexpectedly good season for them, no question.
But to potentially urinate away a 2-0 lead in a best of five? That would be hard to take, it's only happened a handful of times and I don't know if it has ever happened when you won the first two games on the road.

That would be a crusher.

It happened to the A's against the Yankees, and the Rangers against the Blue Jays, and the Reds against the Giants.

I wanted Newcomb to open but I think Burke has been phenomenal this playoffs.

6 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They certainly can, the question is will they?

The Sox deserve credit for taking advantage of circumstances to produce an unexpectedly good season for them, no question.
But to potentially urinate away a 2-0 lead in a best of five? That would be hard to take, it's only happened a handful of times and I don't know if it has ever happened when you won the first two games on the road.

That would be a crusher.

It happened in 2015. Rangers won the first 2 in the ALDS on the road then the Blue Jay won 3 straight. Just as rare though is the road team winning every game in the series. One of them is going to happen. Hopefully the latter.

I would have been fine with Newcomb opening, I also kind of love just giving Burke the ball. He’s our guy, let him do this.

8 minutes ago, HoosierSox said:

It happened in 2015. Rangers won the first 2 in the ALDS on the road then the Blue Jay won 3 straight. Just as rare though is the road team winning every game in the series. One of them is going to happen. Hopefully the latter.

Happened in the 2019 World Series

Can't say it enough: player's families need to get the hell off social media. Now Kay's family is chirping? You're not the main character, shawdup!

I looked this up. Only twice has a road team won all the games in the LDS. In 2010, the Rangers won the first two games all 3 of their games at the trop. In 2012, the Giants went down 0-2 in San Francisco before storming back to take the next 3 in Cincy. If you recall, that was the year where they changed the order of the LDS due to the second wild card.

Pale Hose Talk seems pretty dead for a team that is going to a game 5 in the ALDS. I’m guessing we’re all pretty down on the team/our chances.

27 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Can't say it enough: player's families need to get the hell off social media. Now Kay's family is chirping? You're not the main character, shawdup!

Haven't seen what is being said. At the end of the day fans need to remember that these players are humans and their families are going to defend the person. While I agree that its best for families to keep quiet, fans should be respectful.

39 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Can't say it enough: player's families need to get the hell off social media. Now Kay's family is chirping? You're not the main character, shawdup!

Dang it, Chi, I hope I haven't been guilty of any of that. I don't have Facebook, or Instagram, or X, or any social media stuff whatsoever, but I hope I haven't been considered a "chirper" on this forum this season! 🫣

21 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

Pale Hose Talk seems pretty dead for a team that is going to a game 5 in the ALDS. I’m guessing we’re all pretty down on the team/our chances.

Naw, Milkman, I think it's just a feeling of mental exhaustion from the last two days, and that'll soon pass as we gear up for the big game tomorrow!

The offense needs to open the game like they did at the beginning of the first two . good patient at bats and going the other way . Burke needs to pitch the game of his life.

56 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Can't say it enough: player's families need to get the hell off social media. Now Kay's family is chirping? You're not the main character, shawdup!

What did they say now?

Peavy44/killer k weighs in on the "Green Bay Sucks" chants. Can't say I disagree. Preach!

Man that game yesterday was so electric to be at. Its really too bad it all got pissed away. The Guardians can f*** off. They get all puffy chested because they because they think they might be the best team in the AL central. Buncha clowns who regularly s%*# the bed in the playoffs against superior teams.

Congrats jerks you managed to win 2 games against a team with no SPs and shut up the home crowd. That will be the highlight of their year.

Bringing in Kay was my least favorite decision of the night. He is firmly in do not use unless emergency territory. Dude cant throw strikes.

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Peavy44/killer k weighs in on the "Green Bay Sucks" chants. Can't say I disagree. Preach!

I was at the game and most of the time it was Cleveland sucks. Why does this dude care so much to get thrown out of the game about it??

If its GB sucks I dont mind I think its fun. Gotta mix up the chants every now and then!

1 minute ago, Southwest Sider said:

Man that game yesterday was so electric to be at. Its really too bad it all got pissed away. The Guardians can f*** off. They get all puffy chested because they because they think they might be the best team in the AL central. Buncha clowns who regularly s%*# the bed in the playoffs against superior teams.

Congrats jerks you managed to win 2 games against a team with no SPs and shut up the home crowd. That will be the highlight of their year.

Bringing in Kay was my least favorite decision of the night. He is firmly in do not use unless emergency territory. Dude cant throw strikes.

I would have brought him in over Ramirez to flip him to the right side of the plate rather than Hicks. Ultimately, I would have preferred to keep riding Fedde though.

1 hour ago, BigHurt3515 said:

If we want to win we will need to score 6+ IMO

Or more. Offense really needs to light them up. I think we need to score 9 or 10 to win it.

8 minutes ago, Southwest Sider said:

Bringing in Kay was my least favorite decision of the night. He is firmly in do not use unless emergency territory. Dude cant throw strikes.

I had a really bad feeling as soon as he hit Angel Martinez with that pitch given that Angel Martinez has been absolutely helpless at the plate recently and that was an absolute gift to the Guardians.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.