Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I’m not being rude. You were either trolling or just straight up lying. You said you’d rather have one of the worst hitters in baseball be our starting catcher in a do or die playoff game over our young stud catcher because we win more with him behind the plate and his catcher ERA is better. And despite your “check the stats” post, that’s factually untrue. Kyle Teel’s CERA is 0.25 points better than Drew Romo’s on the season. The stupidity of the post itself and the arrogance behind the false “facts” justifying reflect an all time low for this message board. If you aren’t a troll, which I am certain you are, then god bless your soul.

Honestly, I am going to be rude now because I think you suck either way as a poster and bring the quality of this message board down. I have one poster on ignore because he is also a blatant troll, but looks like I must have two now. At least I can watch my team in the playoffs without your s%*# posts ruining the vibes. And guess what, you can enjoy jerking off in your mom’s basement to your rage bait posts riling up a Sox fan. Looks like we both come out as winners!

f*** trolls. f*** Green Line. f*** Cleveland. Go White Sox! White Sox in 5!

Good luck. Hopefully you can manage your anger better in the future and not call for the death of any more White Sox staff.

  • Replies 861
  • Views 13.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I made a bad decision last night and bought tickets and will be on my way to Cleveland tomorrow morning. I don't want this fuckin thing to end.

  • Chicago White Sox
    Chicago White Sox

    Boys, it’s do or die time tonight. I went into the home games feeling we had this series locked down, but for many reasons we failed to take advantage of a great opportunity. Attending the two home ga

  • Bob Sacamano
    Bob Sacamano

    one week later “God, it’s me again”

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Good luck. Hopefully you can manage your anger better in the future and not call for the death of any more White Sox staff.

The contrast between fire everyone, cut everyone, and I'm not mad, your mad, plus I'm not trolling, you're trolling is hilarious.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The contrast between fire everyone, cut everyone, and I'm not mad, your mad, plus I'm not trolling, you're trolling is hilarious.

Ignore. They only come on when the white Sox are losing. It's troll behavior

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

Ignore. They only come on when the white Sox are losing. It's troll behavior

That's not remotely true.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/50140574/mlb-playoffs-2026-chicago-white-sox-bullpen-pitching-plan

CLEVELAND -- The Chicago White Sox don't have a name for it yet, but one of their executives thought "Pitching Chaos Squared" or even "Pitching Chaos x 10" fit the bill for this team, one that's trying to bullpen its way to the World Series. And now the White Sox will need the formula to save their season in Game 5 of the American League Division Series on Saturday night in Cleveland.

"Is it creative?" general manager Chris Getz asked during his team's division series matchup with Cleveland. "It is. Do we need to be different? We do. But we're also leaning into the strengths of our pitching staff and our team."

Those strengths include young starters-turned-relievers, along with a veteran group leading the way. The buy-in from players, the willingness to do whatever it takes and the execution on the mound have helped lead the White Sox to their first playoff series win in more than two decades.

Edited by caulfield12

Boys, it’s do or die time tonight. I went into the home games feeling we had this series locked down, but for many reasons we failed to take advantage of a great opportunity. Attending the two home games, you could feel the momentum quickly shift from us to them. The pitching staff is clearly gassed and the bats are now pressing. The magic feels like it’s starting to wane and as a diehard fan waking up & getting through these past few days has been brutal. You can tell the fan base is starting to lose hope as we head into a game five on the road.

But you know what, f*** Cleveland. There is nothing more in this world than I hate than the city of Cleveland and its mouth breathing inhabitants. I went to college in Ohio and was constantly surrounded by these arrogant douches. These assholes have an entitlement that is not even remotely deserved. They also live in the armpit of America. Their river literally burned on fire. Their NFL team jump shipped and went to Baltimore of all places. A recent study had Cleveland as the worst place to raise a family out of 150+ large cities in the US due to general suckiness . Their most famous and adored celebrity is Drew fucking Carrey. How such a shitty place came to be is almost unfathomable.

And yet here we are, one game away from losing the ALDS to the scum of the Earth in a place worse than Hell. I refuse to accept that outcome and I know the Sox refuse to accept that outcome. We just went into this shithole and took two on the road…no reason we can’t take one more. Sean Burke is one of the most bad ass motherfuckers around. I sat next to his grandma and several other family members at Fenway when we played the Red Sox earlier this year. It became clear to me during my conversations with them that this dude only cares about one thing and that’s dominating on a fucking mound. He wants the ball in the biggest moments and on the biggest of stages. And there is no bigger stage than a must win game #5 on a Saturday night on primetime TV vs. a much hated divisional rival. If there’s one dude on this team who could give two fucks about momentum and who will win or die trying it’s Sean Burke.

I stand with Sean Burke. I stand with the bats who led the AL in runs scored. And I stand with my Soxtalk brethren who are some of the biggest diehards I know. None of us deserve s%*#…we aren’t like those entitled Clevelanders and expect a free handout. But I do know this…no one wants this more than us. And when everything is on the line, it’s the ones who want it more that usually come out victorious. Our boys are going into this game tonight hungrier than ever and aren’t leaving Cleveland without a W…you can book that s%*#.

Let’s fucking go!!!

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Well said,sir...let's go white sox!

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

The contrast between fire everyone, cut everyone, and I'm not mad, your mad, plus I'm not trolling, you're trolling is hilarious.

They're obviously both angry. Just another day on SoxTalk.

Keep fighting, guys. You can win this game.

As I see it, this game is (as is usually the case) too hard to predict. Playoff home field advantage is to the tune of about 52% win percentage, so that's pretty much how I'd handicap it. Burke is the Sox's best bullet remaining and wasn't compromised between starts. Sean Newcomb is probably the next best bullet and he should be ready to handle a couple innings. I think there's enough rest for the Sox to get through the game. We'll see about the effectiveness. I was heartened by the quality of ABs the Sox took against Williams and Smith in the 9th inning (not you, Benny).

Williams is a beast but this is 7th time the Sox will have seen him this season. Sox have done a pretty great job of finding ways to keep games winnable against him despite how well he's pitched against them. They'll have to be as ready as ever to grind like hell and get him out of the game as quickly as possible. Cleveland has two really good lefties in the pen but Sox have gotten to each of them at least once in this series. Cade Smith is as good as they come but he's pitched in every single game thus far and looked quite mortal in his second inning in the 9th on Thursday. Cleveland's offense is still primarily comprised by a bunch of slappy frauds begging to get lucky when you put free baserunners on. It's a winnable game to be sure, but it's baseball and there's a decent chance the outcome is determined by basically random stuff. Let's hope the luck is in favor of the Sox.

4 hours ago, soxrwhite said:

Too bad we have to listen to Cleveland fan, Ron Darling, tonight. He may as well wear a Guardians hat and a Ramirez jersey while broadcasting this series.

Put the Len and DJ broadcast on your speakers and mute the TV. I did in game 4… was way better experience than game 3.

Tonight has the potential to be amazing or painful. As a diehard UGA fan, Bama-Dawgs is a huge game. 30 mins after kickoff, Sox play in an elimination game. Thank god for split-screen.

Not sure my heart can take it, boys.

41 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s fucking go!!!

LFGWS INDEED!!! ITS TIME!!!!

28 minutes ago, Jake said:

Let's hope the luck is in favor of the Sox.

🤞🏻⚾️🧦🔥💪🏼🤘🏻🤞🏻

I want this to be a blowout by our Sox tonight but I think it’s going to be a really tight game the hole way through. Should be good entertainment for the rest of the country and anxiety inducing for us and Cleveland fans.

7 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

Need somebody to become a legend tonight.

Where’s Leury Legend when you need him

5 hours ago, AntMan26 said:

I wish there was a way to sync the tv broadcast with radio so we could listen to Len and DJ and watch at the same time.

You're right, AntMan. Seems like the radio is about 30 seconds ahead of the TV video, so hearing the action before you see it becomes kind of a spoiler.

48 minutes ago, AntMan26 said:

Where’s Leury Legend when you need him

It's the 5 year anniversary

57 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

Need somebody to become a legend tonight.

BURKE AND PSYCHO SAM!

PS - What uni’s you think they’re going to sport? Gotta go back to black threads, I imagine.

3 minutes ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

It's the 5 year anniversary

Destiny. Acuna, today’s your day. 😆

On another note - Wind and humidity favor going out to right and will knock balls in the air down to left.

COLSON - HE’S LOOKIN AT YOU KID!!!

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

🤞🏻⚾️🧦🔥💪🏼🤘🏻🤞🏻

Luck is a good thing but Burke and the hitting have to rise to the occasion.

20 minutes ago, Bill The Boy said:

You're right, AntMan. Seems like the radio is about 30 seconds ahead of the TV video, so hearing the action before you see it becomes kind of a spoiler.

I just found myself pausing the radio on my phone once an inning and it both worked out well and was easy to fix.

Well worth the hassle to avoid Darling and his sidekick.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.