Which is your favorite White Sox team of All Time?

JDsDirtySox

With having a lot of people on this board, both young and old, I'd really like to know what year was your favorite team and why. I'd love to hear everyones thoughts.

My favorite Sox team was the 2000 Chicago White Sox.

It was my second year being a season ticket holder, and I went to a ton of the games. I really loved that team. I also met my wife during that season so we had many dates to Comiskey. That year was so much fun, and that team was so fun. I'll never forget the 12 game road win streak, or how much fun that April was (it seemed like we scored 10 runs a game). I'll also never forget being sad when we traded Brooke Fordyce for Charles Johnson and Baines. Man I loved that team. For me, it will be very hard to ever replace the Summer of2000.

What about you?

i like the early 90's team jason bere, black jack, thomas, ventura, rim rains, lance johnson, ron karcovice etc.

that was the first sox team I knew. I was 7 during the '93 division winner season, and the sox were the only team in Chicago at that time. That's what made me a sox fan for life.

The 1977 team. They were fun, and the atmosphere around the ballpark was electric.

Plus, it was my jr. year in high school, and what a blast it was to go to the ballpark with all my classmates. And the girls from school wanted to go too, that's what made it even better.

That was a fantastic summer :headbang

The 1972 team.

Dick Allen

Bill Melton

Carlos May

Wilbur Wood

Jorge Orta

Bucky Dent

Rich Gossage

Terry Forster

Bart Johnson

Jay Johnstone

Pat Kelly

I was 9 years old, and this team was very exciting.

I met Pat Kelly the next year at my Little League City Series banquet - that was cool.

Favorite Teams

1990 was an exciting year came from no where and won 94 games and still lost the Division by 9 games to the A's

2000 was cool, Herbert Perry was cool

1993 the pitching came togheter that team was a bat away. Bere, Blackjack, wilson and one of My Favorites Alex

1983 Winning Ugly NuffSaid

1994 f***ing Reinsdorf his owners and the Players Union, Killed the Season with the dam strike. Julio Franco was the Bomb that year

1977 One of the worst fielding teams ever but exciting with the Lumber, Oscar Gamble and the Fro! The Polish Prince and harry Carey

The 2004 Chicago White Sox...led by Uribe, Rowand, Harris, Schoeneweis, Wright, and Darensborg.

I have to say '93. They are the first thing from the Sox I can remember -- seeing how I'm just a kid. IIRC they had Bo.

1993 Chicago White Sox

Tim Raines LF

Joey Cora 2B

Frank Thomas 1B

Jorge Bell DH

Robin Ventura 3B

Ellis Burks RF

Lance Johnson CF

Ron Karkovice C

Ozzie Guillen SS

Bench

Dan Pasqua OF/1B

Mike Huff OF

Warren Newson OF

Carlton Fisk C

Mike Lavalliere C

Craig Grebeck IF

Bo Jackson DH

Steve Sax 2B/OF

Pitchers

Alex Fernandez

Jack Mcdowell

Jason Bere

Wilson Alvarez

Dave Stieb

Tim Belcher

Kirk Mckaskill

Jeff Scwarz

Scott Radinsky

Donn Pall

Roberto Hernandez

Bobby Thigpen

Chuck Cary

Rodney Bolton

1994 That was our year. The strike ruined everything.

LF Tim Raines

2B Joey Cora

1B Frank Thomas

DH Julio Franco

3B Robin Ventura

RF Darrin Jackson

CF Lance Johnson

CA Ron Karkovice

SS Ozzie Guillen

SP Jack McDowell

SP Alex Fernandez

SP Wilson Alvarez

SP Jason Bere

SP Scott Sanderson

RP Kirk McKaskill

RP Jose Delion

RP Scott Radinsky

CL Roberto Hernandez

I lived in Seattle that year and right before I moved back to Springfield the Sox came out to Seattle and swept the Mariners. 4 games. Last game of that series I had 1st row seats behind the mariner's dugout and their mascot, a moose, came over between innings and took my Sox hat off and the whole crowd was booing me. That team would have won it all hands down. I still have like 100 Jason Bere rookie cards cause I thought he was such a bad ass. Remember his gas? Remember Roberto's gas? McDowell's splitter? Radinsky's curve? Ahhhhh memories. :rolleyes:

1994 That was our year. The strike ruined everything.

LF Tim Raines

2B Joey Cora

1B Frank Thomas

DH Julio Franco

3B Robin Ventura

RF Darrin Jackson

CF Lance Johnson

CA Ron Karkovice

SS Ozzie Guillen

SP Jack McDowell

SP Alex Fernandez

SP Wilson Alvarez

SP Jason Bere

SP Scott Sanderson

RP Kirk McKaskill

RP Jose Delion

RP Scott Radinsky

CL Roberto Hernandez

I lived in Seattle that year and right before I moved back to Springfield the Sox came out to Seattle and swept the Mariners. 4 games. Last game of that series I had 1st row seats behind the mariner's dugout and their mascot, a moose, came over between innings and took my Sox hat off and the whole crowd was booing me. That team would have won it all hands down. I still have like 100 Jason Bere rookie cards cause I thought he was such a bad ass. Remember his gas? Remember Roberto's gas? McDowell's splitter? Radinsky's curve? Ahhhhh memories. :rolleyes:

Where's Dennis Cook and Paul Assenmacher :rolleyes:

We had season tickets in about the fourth row just to the left of the net behind

the plate.

The sound of ball hitting bat that season still resonates.

The sound in the old ballpark was incredible and the Sox got "good wood"

on almost every at bat that season at least through the first three weeks of August.

Does anybody remember that series in August when KC came to town and

in game one, the Royals got four in the first, started by George Brett's home

run off the upper deck facade (yes George Brett led off at that time).

Alan Bannister also threw a ball into the crowd from shortstop which let in 2 runs.

The hard-hitting Sox scored five in the bottom of the first and the place, which was full,

went crazy. That was the season strangers kissed each other in the stands.

The Sox beat KC 11-9 Friday, won Saturday, won Sunday, then lost Game 2 of

Sunday doubleheader and went in the tank the rest of the season.

The Royals won something like 20 out of 22 games and the Sox

finished way back in a season they led for so many weeks.

Zisk, Gamble, Jim Spencer, Essian, Naharodny, Bannister, Orta, Lemon, et all

had such an exciting summer; not season, but summer.

GO SOX

1993. My dad and brother were huge sox fans but until 1993 I was too young to have anything more than a casual interest.

So that was the first year that I watched most of the games, and even got to go to a playoff game (I got to witness Toronto totally destroy McDowell in game 1 :lol: )

After that 1994 was fun but being 7 I didn't have an understanding of baseball politics and the strike broke my heart.

1996 was pretty cool until september. One of the games I went to that year featured a power outage that lasted almost an hour :lol: . Roberto was really good that year.

2000 was awesome, I probably made it to 20-30 games, and watched all the rest. I skipped school to go to game 1 against seatle and thought we were going to win until the grand slam.

I enjoyed last year as well until we fell apart down the stretch. I attended the series in the bronx and after we slaugtered the Yankees on consecutive nights, I thought we had the division, then of course cotts gets slaughtered the next night and Buehrle lost the night after that in detroit (I also attended those game unfortunately), and the season went downhill.

We had season tickets in about the fourth row just to the left of the net behind

the plate.

The sound of ball hitting bat that season still resonates.

The sound in the old ballpark was incredible and the Sox got "good wood"

on almost every at bat that season at least through the first three weeks of August.

Does anybody remember that series in August when KC came to town and

in game one, the Royals got four in the first, started by George Brett's home

run off the upper deck facade (yes George Brett led off at that time).

Alan Bannister also threw a ball into the crowd from shortstop which let in 2 runs.

The hard-hitting Sox scored five in the bottom of the first and the place, which was full,

went crazy. That was the season strangers kissed each other in the stands.

The Sox beat KC 11-9 Friday, won Saturday, won Sunday, then lost Game 2 of

Sunday doubleheader and went in the tank the rest of the season.

The Royals won something like 20 out of 22 games and the Sox

finished way back in a season they led for so many weeks.

Zisk, Gamble, Jim Spencer, Essian, Naharodny, Bannister, Orta, Lemon, et all

had such an exciting summer; not season, but summer.

GO SOX

Greg.. your post gave me goose bumps!! :headbang

For me.. I honestly don't have a favorite. Each season that I can remember has it's own set of great memories. If I really had to choose I would base my decision on nothing relating to the teams performance. Between '96 and '99 when I traveled a ton and got to know a lot of people would have to be my "favorite" years.

The Southside Hit Men of 1977 for so many reasons.

Faust’s trademark tune is the root of what is now a long–standing American sports tradition. In 1977, just seven years after joining the Sox, Faust believed she had found a new way to play a departing opposing pitcher off the field. The song she had in mind was one by Steam called “Na-Na-Hey-Hey Kiss Him Goodbye.”

One day when the visiting pitcher was knocked out of the game, she played the song for the first time, and the energized crowd chanted right along “Na-na-na-na, Na-na-na-na, Hey-hey-hey, Go-od-bye.” Faust so enjoyed having the fans sing along that she resolved to give the song an important spot in her repertoire. Today she plays it whenever the Sox knock out a pitcher, hit a home run, or record the final out of a victory, and the fans still know what to do.

What a great season. The Sox were #1 in the city. It was fun to go to the games. The team was exciting. They won 90 games, f*cking Royals won 100.

Baines was the #1 draft pick.

I don't think there can ever be a season as much fun as that. Thinking about screaming Hey Hey Hey Good Bye with 40,000 fans still bring goosebumps. You knew we could win every game.

The Southside Hit Men of 1977 for so many reasons. 

What a great season. The Sox were #1 in the city. It was fun to go to the games. The team was exciting. They won 90 games, f*cking Royals won 100.

Baines was the #1 draft pick.

I don't think there can ever be a season as much fun as that. Thinking about screaming Hey Hey Hey Good Bye with 40,000 fans still bring goosebumps. You knew we could win every game.

Still to this day, I call that my favorite song, because anytime I hear it, I know something good is happening :headbang

Ahhh can hear Harry Carey in the Back of my head right now....

He threw it away.... He could have walked the ball to first and he threw it away... Ahhhhh

I'm 53, so I've got a lot of favorites, but the 1990 team was something special. Remember in 1989 they started off just Godawful, especially defensively. There was a stretch of 6 home games in May, where they not only lost every game, by an average score of 9 to 2, they never lead in any game. Not once. But later in the year you could see they were bottoming out and were getting better. Then in 1990 they played hard every day, never quit, and talk about grinders: Fletcher, Robin, Grebeck, Gallagher, Ozzie, Calderon, Johnson, Pasqua, Fisk, Thiggy, Rad, Donn Pall, Karko, Kitty, Barry Jones, Hibbard, Samme, McDowell and later on in the year, Frank and Alex. This was also the last year of Comiskey, and the year they were no hit on the last anniversary of the park, and they still beat the Yankees. So you could see the progress, and you just knew that in the next couple of years they were going to be even better.