YOUR WHITE SOX WISH LIST for KW after Garcia Trade

RibbieRubarb

Kudos to Trader Ken for pulling off this deal!

Now let's keep it rolling...

A trade with Montreal for SP-Livan Hernandez and C-Brian Schneider

This stablizes our rotation with five horses and gives us back a great young catcher with good offensive and superior defense. Plus he is LH.

Then a trade with Baltimore for LH-BJ Ryan

This will solidify our Bullpen and we are set for the long haul.

As I said...this is a wish list...

Anyone else have some realistic trade ideas?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said...this is a wish list...

Anyone else have some realistic trade ideas?

Those two are typically at odds :P

I think if we got BJ Ryan, we'd be pretty set.

I'm still trying to figure out with our pitching staff. If we don't trade either of Diaz or Rauch, which one goes down to AAA (or does Vic go down there)?

I would like the Sox to take a hard look at getting Jason Kendal.  He would be a solid C and a very good #2 hitter.  The only roadblock is his huge burdensome contract

I'd like him as a Sox. Good idea, but probably not practicle as you said because of the contract.

Some kind of middle relief would be nice. Dump Mike Jackson ASAP. Lately I have taken to calling the pen "the arsonists". They don't put out fires, they start them.

I would like to see a LH power bat in the middle of the line up, but right now I would be happy seeing Maggs back in the line up.

There will be teams melting down quickly, and there will be plenty of parts out there to be aquired. We did the hard part by aquiring Garcia, the rest is icing on the cake.

Some kind of middle relief would be nice.  Dump Mike Jackson ASAP.  Lately I have taken to calling the pen "the arsonists".  They don't put out fires, they start them.

eh, I think it's more like trying to put out a firestorm by driving an oil tanker into it, but yeah, the whole fire thing works pretty well when describing our bullpen of late.

Politte looked decent in his last few outings and Cotts was solid when he played this weekend. Maybe they'll turn it around and we'll be alright.

Kip Well and Jason Kendall. IF the Sox take on a little over half of Kendall's remaining contract, they will be able to get Kip Wells at quite the discounted rate.

Heck, you could maybe see a package of Rauch and Sweeney.

I was just looking and noticed Wells has really gone into a funk. I'm guessing it was related to an injury or something. He finally pitched well his last start, but after a very good April, he wasn't the same.

Still, I'd love him in the rotation, plus you get Kendall for maybe 6 mill a year and its not as bad.

Since they are in the middle of a race too, they probably wouldn't do this, but what about Yorvit Torrealba from the Giants. he's 25, has a gun, hit pretty well (except this year) and is buried behind AJ Pierzinski. He's been the back up for three years now, and he probably needs a change of scenery. With a little Alomar jr. tutaledge, you never know. :huh

Since they are in the middle of a race too, they probably wouldn't do this, but what about Yorvit Torrealba from the Giants.  he's 25, has a gun, hit pretty well (except this year) and is buried behind AJ Pierzinski.  He's been the back up for three years now, and he probably needs a change of scenery.  With a little Alomar jr. tutaledge, you never know.    :huh

He's pretty intriguing and he has an awesome name! :lol: