Rick Ballou Show says

WSoxShuf

Nothing is carved in stone.  Shingo and Crede are represented by Boras.  I know there are extenuating circumstances involved with each, but they did "negotiate" with Boras to sign Shingo. 

Things have a way of changing.

is that true on crede and shingo being represented by boras????????

watch boras tell shingo to sit out until he gets a raised.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that true on crede and shingo being represented by boras????????

watch boras tell shingo to sit out until he gets a raised.

I picked up that info from reading this board. I certainly wouldn't bet my life on the accuracy of it. :)

Not way Houston's goin to settle for Jon Rauch for Carlos Beltran. They gave up Dotel, and 2 good prospects for him. Beltran would be a luxury we can't really afford. I'd rather go after a good arm for the bullpen (Luis Ayala, Brian Fuentes etc.), and another good quality starter.

Fuentes got a good arm and good stuff but is on the DL. Ayala is allright

Fuentes got a good arm and good stuff but is on the DL. Ayala is allright

lets look at this way, if and i mean a if, the sox do get beltran and it cost us rauch and several other prospect and not the major studs in the farm.

we get beltran for the push and then let him leave after the season. his leaving will get us some extra draft picks.

rauch may not get the break here in chicago to start, a change may jump start him, and with the lineup we have, do you see any other prospect helping us now???

the draft picks can be used to rebuild the farm.

I picked up that info from reading this board.  I certainly wouldn't bet my life on the accuracy of it. :)

good Idea YAS.

http://baseballguru.com/archives/entries/00000641.htm

According to Sports Nippon, Yakult Swallows free agent closer Shingo Takatsu will make

around $700,000 in his first year in the San Diego Padres bullpen. Padres GM Kevin Towers and Takatsu's agent, Joe Urbon, met yesterday and reportedly made substantial progress on a pact that would bring the sidearming sinkerballer to the big leagues.

WHY WOULD HOUSTON TRADE BELTRAN RIGHT AFTER THEY AQUIRED HIM??? Beltran aint goin no where....nomar will probably be a cub, and i hope the unit stays a diamond back, we need a reliever and left handed batting catcher and possibly a starter better the scho....that starter seems a better idea cause you could kil 2 birds with one stone when you put sho in the pen.....i think he would do a lot better out of there

WHY WOULD HOUSTON TRADE BELTRAN RIGHT AFTER THEY AQUIRED HIM??? Beltran aint goin no where....nomar will probably be a cub, and i hope the unit stays a diamond back, we need a reliever and left handed batting catcher and possibly a starter better the scho....that starter seems a better idea cause you could kil 2 birds with one stone when you put sho in the pen.....i think he would do a lot better out of there

Because they are 10 1/2 games out of first place? Any other obvious questions you need answered?

Honestly... I think that this team should add a veteran Catcher and another arm in the pen.

The Marlins are a glowing example of how you dont need all those all-stars to win a title, we have the team... we just need to start playing with consistentcy.

Yes! Catching will be our achille's heel. We lost a real good player with a bright future when we gave up Olivo. Alomar is a solid game caller, but not an everyday player. I think we need an everyday solid performer behind the plate such as a Kendall or Charles Johnson. I like what Aaron Rowand has been doing and Jose Valentin even more.

Because they are 10 1/2 games out of first place?  Any other obvious questions you need answered?

I think they're only 4 or 4 1/2 back in the wild card, yes?

There are probably several teams in front of them, but 4 1/2 out of any playoff spot at the All Star break is do-able.

I think they're only 4 or 4 1/2 back in the wild card, yes?

There are probably several teams in front of them, but 4 1/2 out of any playoff spot at the All Star break is do-able.

6 teams in front of them. They are 6-10 since Beltran got there. I hate to say it but Houston is done.

4.5 games back? If the Sox were 4.5 games back, would you say they were done? I don't think the make up of these teams are determined yet. 4 out of the 6 in front of them are likely to fade. Then all of a sudden you're right back in the mix. I wouldn't say they're "done", yet.

also NY times says

Cubs get nomar

Red Sox get Unit

Dbacks get Cubs prospects.

More likely the Cubs get Cabrera.

Could it be that KW is going after Beltran to get in Magglio's head? If the Sox were to acquire Beltran than Maggs would be expendable.

4.5 games back?  If the Sox were 4.5 games back, would you say they were done?  I don't think the make up of these teams are determined yet.  4 out of the 6 in front of them are likely to fade.  Then all of a sudden you're right back in the mix.  I wouldn't say they're "done", yet.

Look up at what they are looking at, and playing the way they are, I would say they are done. Something isn't right with that team.

Look up at what they are looking at, and playing the way they are, I would say they are done.  Something isn't right with that team.

Especially if Jimmy Williams gets the ax today and they hire Don Baylor. Put a fork in them.

Nowhere in my post did I say that Rauch would be the ONLY thing we'd have to give up.

Well then help us out here Heather..

"I wouldn't mind losing a Rauch for Beltran..."

We can't see what's between "Rauch" and "for".. :lol:

How about this scenario (please don't hurt me :P )

Sox trade for Carlos Beltran and Brad Lidge

Astros get Jon Rauch, Aaron Rowand, Brian West and Daylan Holt

Sox sign Beltran in offseason and Lidge is gone (last year of contract $300,000)

Sox trade for Randy Johnson and Steve Finley

D-Backs get Magglio Ordonez, Neal Cotts and Felix Diaz

Johnson on board for one more year and Finley gone (last year of contract $6.75 million which the D-Backs pick up)

Lineup for remainder of season:

2B Uribe/Harris

CF Beltran

LF Lee

DH Thomas/Finley

1B Konerko

RF Finley/Borchard

SS Valentin

3B Crede

C Burke/Alomar/Davis

Rotation:

Johnson

Buehrle

Garcia

Loiaza

Garland

the hole in our line-up stems not from the OF, but from the catcher position. I'd rather see the team try to fill that spot than to get a CF. Sure he isn't an all-star, but Rowand's been pretty good for us in CF.

Of course Beltran would be a wonderful addition to the team. However, I think Kendall could have a greater impact of the team since he would really shore up a weak spot in our line-up.

This is what the REAL Beltran would do....

"I'm Carlos Beltran, i'm better then all of you and better then the team itself. I won't be here next year so I have no excuse to try that hard and I don't care if you losers ever win a world championship because i'll be a Yankee next year."

Compare that to AROW's numbers he will but up and his hustle and desire to win here and that makes this move insane...

Someone said that Houston was 6-10 with Beltran, they are not a bad team and he was such a me player he was able to put the nail in that coffin in a matter of weeks.

We could never sign him, he will get more then he's worth, and it would ruin the chemistry of this team.

NO MORE CHEMISTRY = NO MORE OZZIE BALL!

I can't believe you all want to give up the farm for a ME player. AROW is doing great in CF and you just want to give up on him.

WHAT THE HELL DOES HE HAVE TO DO TO GET CONSISTANT PLAYING TIME WITHOUT THE RUG PULLED OUT FROM UNDER HIM!

Mark my words if we are dumb enough to trade arow then he would be a starting OF somewhere else next season and he will be successful, just like he would be this year if we'd just give him a chance.

{Sorry just again over this Beltran talk :angry: }

This is what the REAL Beltran would do....

"I'm Carlos Beltran, i'm better then all of you and better then the team itself. I won't be here next year so I have no excuse to try that hard and I don't care if you losers ever win a world championship because i'll be a Yankee next year."

was that his attitude last year when KC was doing great?