Rick Ballou Show says

WSoxShuf

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think we should preserve some of Jeckle's posts in some sort of Hall of Infamy.  We could stop by every once in a while to have a nice laugh.

either that, or a breathalyzer for his keyboard. It locks it up when he's too drunk to make a coherent point

The point is Beltran has no motivation to do anything here.

I don't want him and it would ruin the team chemistry.

You have no idea what his attitude was over there either. Either way now he has Scott Boras in his ear which will make anyone more selfish then they usually would be.

Just to prove my point how many World Series Rings did AROD win the Rangers?

NONE!

Because trying up your payroll to sign one player in NEVER a good thing.

Especially when you have a player putting up great numbers while doing it with heart and hustle already in that position.

Hustle and heart is what made the Marlins and Angels the world champs.

I'd rather have a team full of Aaron Rowands then one Carlos Beltran!

The point is Beltran has no motivation to do anything here.

I don't want him and it would ruin the team chemistry.

You have no idea what his attitude was over there either. Either way now he has Scott Boras in his ear which will make anyone more selfish then they usually would be.

Just to prove my point how many World Series Rings did AROD win the Rangers?

NONE!

Because trying up your payroll to sign one player in NEVER a good thing.

Especially when you have a player putting up great numbers while doing it with heart and hustle already in that position.

Hustle and heart is what made the Marlins and Angels the world champs.

I'd rather have a team full of Aaron Rowands then one Carlos Beltran!

Sorry, but your logic is goofy.

First of all, if he were coming to us, what makes you think he'd be a cancer? Where in the past has he ever displayed being a problem?

And just because he's got Boras as an agent, doesn't mean that he's a selfish player, and doesn't automatically prevent teams from success. Sure, ARod tied up the Rangers. But are you gonna tell us that the Marlins and Angels had nobody represented by Boras?

If Beltran had no motivation to do anything here, why would he have any motivation to do anything in Houston or K.C.? But, he did just fine in those places, didn't he?

More likely the Cubs get Cabrera.

Could it be that KW is going after Beltran to get in Magglio's head?  If the Sox were to acquire Beltran than Maggs would be expendable.

Well, at this point both will be free agents, and Maggs is an easier sign that Beltran will be, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Ohh yeah he's done great they are only 6-10 right...

I don't know how to look up agents but I really doubt they had too many high paid Boras clients.

I want players with heart and hustle like AROW not selfish me players like Beltran

Cool.. you know Beltran personally and that he's selfish... rolleyeyes.gif

Maybe you can ask him if he would put that aside and play to win when (if) he gets here..?

Also.. last time I checked this sport is a team effort. 6-10 means nothing but they as a TEAM didn't get the job done. You can't blame one player.

I don't know how to look up agents but I really doubt they had too many high paid Boras clients.

I want players with heart and hustle like AROW not selfish me players like Beltran

if beltran is a cancer, there would be a spin control coming out of hou as well as kc on his problems in the clubhouse, like there was in royce clayton and the other guy we got. i am not doubting what you are saying that he is a cancer, but i haven't heard nothing in something like 1+ yrs when talk about his becoming a fa.

getting carlos in cf, would help in the push for the playoff and if the price isn't too steep, giving up players to help go for the world series. that would be great and help the future of the sox.

so let him walk at the end and the draft picks we get will help in rebuilding the farm.

Not way Houston's goin to settle for Jon Rauch for Carlos Beltran. They gave up Dotel, and 2 good prospects for him. Beltran would be a luxury we can't really afford. I'd rather go after a good arm for the bullpen (Luis Ayala, Brian Fuentes etc.), and another good quality starter.

Houston shouldn't expect to come out whole.

Dotel was bogus anyway

One prospect and someone bogus on our team.

You're actually going to bring up Houston's record? :o rolleyeyes.gif

And Beltran is a selfish player? Why, and how do you know this?

The Jeckle Meter is at an all time high in this thread. BTW - Jeckle - your name serves you well. You make people laugh. ;)

Beltran with the Astros...

.264 average, 6 homers, 14 RBI's, 16 games.

Yah, I'm sure he's the reason they suck. ;)

And all I know about Beltran being selfish is that he's been selfishly kicking our ass every time we play against him.

Anyone else think we should preserve some of Jeckle's posts in some sort of Hall of Infamy.  We could stop by every once in a while to have a nice laugh.

Just classic.

I don't see Beltran coming here, the whole rent a player thing sucks. You would have to do some serious playoff damage to warrant acquiring a player in that kind of situation...or have a 'better than 60% chance to sign him' ala Freddy Garcia.

I also don't understand what part of Beltran's game makes him selfish

Hmmm......I can't find them on the minor league affiliates websites but they are listed on the teams top 50 prospects on futuresox.com. :huh:  :huh

Both West and Holt are no longer with the organization.

West quit baseball to go back to football, and Holt was either lost in the minor league phase of the Rule 5 or was released.

Both West and Holt are no longer with the organization. 

West quit baseball to go back to football, and Holt was either lost in the minor league phase of the Rule 5 or was released.

Yeah Brian went to play football at lsu. I never even heard about daylan leaving though.

But are you gonna tell us that the Marlins and Angels had nobody represented by Boras?

Just to help your point here...

Probably the best catcher in the game, Ivan Rodriguez, is represented by Scott Boras. The Marlins won the World Series last year with Ivan Rodriguez as their starting catcher. What's even more impressive then that is that they also took on a ton of Mike Hampton's salary(IIRC, around $10 mill of it). This means they had $20 mill committed to their catcher and a pitcher on a division rival.

And this year in Detroit, he's only hitting .370 and is a major reason they are only 5.5 games out of first place.