Robert Person

RiseAgainst07

we signed this guy to a minor league contract then he got injured at thge begining of the year, do you guys think we should bring him back as our 5th started next year, or atleast give it a shoot. I think we should give him a shoot.

yes.

we signed this guy to a minor league contract then he got injured at thge begining of the year, do you guys think we should bring him back as our 5th started next year, or atleast give it a shoot. I think we should give him a shoot.

NO

Barring injury, our rotation is set for 2005.  Garcia, MB, Contreras, Garland, Diaz/ cheap FA.

That is our rotation, and that I'm almost positive about.

Garcia-Buehrle-Contreras-Garland-Diaz

Maybe if Diaz sucks ass in ST, we use a vet, but I even doubt that myself.

I kinda doubt it as well, espesially since KW made it clear that Diaz was going nowhere at the deadline.

Is anyone else but me worried that there's only one lefty in our rotation? I mean, there's going to be some very good lefty/switch hitters in this division the next couple of years (Guillen, Martinez, Morneau, Mauer), and I think I'd be more comfortable with two lefties in the rotation.

No offense but that is insane.

Barring any free agent signing our Rotation in 05' is:

Buherle, Garcia, Garland, Contreras, and Diaz

{The reason I put Garland ahead in the rotation is that it seperates the hard throwers and the finesse guys :D }

I don't know about you but that looks pretty damn good to me.

Diaz deserves to be given a shot next year, especially after we gave so many chances to Danny Wright. :headbang

Barring injury, our rotation is set for 2005.  Garcia, MB, Contreras, Garland, Diaz/ cheap FA.

I agree with the exception of the cheap free agent. i think we will get a much better 4 or five guy via free agency. We will not have the fifth starter issue next year because maggs will either sign for less money or be gone. I think Maggs is gone therefore we will concentrate more on pitching rather than hitting.

just my two cents.

Although we shouldnt be worring about this now.

Yes i would.

To me, I think we'll make at a Odalis Perez or a Pavano (etc..) in the offseason. If we don't get anyone, I'm satisfied with Diaz (or Cotts)

Cotts is an interesting name. I think this year in the pen will help him in the long run, and he could be the 5th starter next year.

Bruce Levine mentioned something interesting that the White Sox may be looking at Contreras to be the closer after next year therefore maybe opening up one of the starter spots. I like Diaz for the 5th spot and I would love to see Pavano in a White Sox uniform. If Contreras does well as a starter I imagine they will keep him there.

Contreras has the stuff to be a nasty closer. I'm sure the league will figure out Shingo next year (even if they do, Shingo will still be effective) will I like the set-up as well.

Marte

Shingo

then Contreras to close it

But I'll like it better if we get a starter for FA. If not, leave Contreras as a starter and Shingo as the closer for next year. But I'll be more focused on this year and worry about next year down the road. :)