Twinkees are good (gamethread)

Gene Honda Civic

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, this inning has reminded me why I haven't watched a White Sox game for over a week now. f***ing pathetic excuse for a baseball team.

I just logged on after coming home from an evening meeting. NINE runs allowed in the 6th inning. For crying out loud what happened? This is beyond emabarassing and no word can describe the garbage play in this game. They ought to be ashamed of themselves.

You are right about mailing in the season.

Geez I can't believe how mediocre at best we are.

We need to re-sign Maggs, folks, or we are doomed.

No thanks, I'll pass on paying Maggs like 12 million for next year on a knee that no one is really confident that will maintain its strength. With our budget, no way we can take such a huge risk. If you want to keep the fans, then go sign a big name free agent like Beltran (never happen), Pedro (never happen), or Roberto Alomar!

I'm just saying we need our star back.

Beltran would be suitable, but we need a star

with Maggs-like production or we are f***ed.

I mean Contreras and Freddie have even sucked of late.

Suitable? Most people consider beltran one of the top super stars in the game. But i am not one of them.

Suitable? Most people consider beltran one of the top super stars in the game. But i am not one of them.

I agree... we can hit 40 HR's a year but hes batting .270 something with 100 RBis 100 runs and almost 40 hrs and 40 steals

wow, after looking at that I guess i dont agree, thast pretty good numbers.. I changemy mind, hes a stud

If anyone stuck with the end of the game... how did Baj and Munoz look?  I saw that stats, but I am curious to hear a review...

Arnie was a little wild -- He was having trouble finding the tea-cup of a strike zone last night...

Baj looked good -- He really had the hitters off-balance.

THE SOX DON'T SIGN BIG NAME FREE AGENTS!

I don't see whats so hard to understand about that.

--You are right, but we sometimes keep our own.

We need to re-sign Maggs.

This team ain't going nowhere next year w/out

Maggs and Frank.

I disagree with this to a point.

Albert Belle signed the biggest free agent contract ever (at that time) with us.

Jaime Navarro signed a 5 year $35 million deal (big mistake granted, but a free agent none the lesss)

The Sox put in a big bid for ARod, and dropped out of the bidding when Boras got the Rangers bidding against themselves.

Also I would count the fact that we have resigned our biggest people to many big deals.

Frank Thomas has gotten tons of money from the Sox

Maggs signed a huge deal with us

PK got huge money from us

Carlos signed an expensive extension with us.

Freddy Garcia is going to get $27 mil from us

Mark Buehrle has a long term deal for a lot of money

We traded for Contreras who has two years and $16 mil left on his deal.

Jose Valentin has gotten 5 years and a good amount of money from the Sox.

Billy Koch got a 3 year $18 million deal from us.

All those type of deals make it less likely for us to make a big free agent splash.

With the Sox drawing less than 2 million people a year, how much more money is there to spend???

I agree... we can hit 40 HR's a year but hes batting .270 something with 100 RBis 100 runs and almost 40 hrs and 40 steals

wow, after looking at that I guess i dont agree, thast pretty good numbers.. I changemy mind, hes a stud

While he is good he is not 18 million dollar a year worthy. That is what i was getting to.