FYI: Jeremy Reed

knightspr

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Former White Sox top prospect CF Jeremy Reed is currently riding an eight-game hitting streak (as of 9/23) with the Mariners.  He is hitting .419 (13-for-31) with three straight multi-hit games since being promoted.

Like i said in another thread. In 42 less games reed has half the amount of hits (13) that borchard has (26). But oh ya i forgot reed is yet to hit a 504 foot homerun. ;)

Like i said in another thread. In 42 less games reed has half the amount of hits (13) that borchard has (26). But oh ya i forgot reed is yet to hit a 504 foot homerun. ;)

I don't think you're understanding that most likely, Seattle wouldn't have taken Borchard instead of Reed. I dunno where you're getting that from...

I don't think you're understanding that most likely, Seattle wouldn't have taken Borchard instead of Reed.  I dunno where you're getting that from...

I know they would have not taken him it just sucks ass that we have borchard instead of reed. Would have rather dumped crede.

For all the Reed fans out there.. :headbang

:headbang The perfect hitter for this lineup. As I posted in the King Carl thread Reed has yet to strikeout and is currently posting an OPS that only Frank can beat. The way Reed is hitting he would be perfect for any lineup, but my point is that the Sox needed a high average hitter who doesn't strikeout much.

Why is that?  I think there have been some good things that have happened for our future, but I also think there are numerous bad things that have happened.

Because I like the rotation that's been put together for the next couple of years. Lets say the sox do sign a top of the rotation starter such as pavano, if you could have a top 4 of pavano, garcia, buehrle, contreras for the next couple of years I really think you have a great rotation to build your team around.

I do.

Ditto, but mostly because of the draft picks we got and signed. If McCarthy (along with some others) didn't emerge like they did, then I would think our farm system has been a downfall. Yes we lost some studs, but we still got some and newbies as well.

Edited by SoxAce

Ditto, but mostly because of the draft picks we got and signed. If McCarthy (along with some others) didn't emerge like they did, then I would think our farm system has been a downfall. Yes we got some studs, but we still got some and newbies as well.

That too, I was talking more along the lines of major leagues, however I think in a couple of years are "depleted" minor league system will have a ton of quality prospects at the higher levels.

If we were to sign someone like Pavano, then I would agree with you. However, I see no way that he'll sign with the Sox. He has New York or Boston written all over him. The biggest concern I have is that the Sox came into the season thinking that they had their 3b and catcher of the future in Crede and Olivo. Now, we have gapping holes at each of the positions, as well as question marks in RF, SS, and 2b. I will say that it looks like we solved our CF position for the future. Thankfully McCarthy exploded, it makes up for the loss of Reed and the huge question marks about Honel and Wing.

If we were to sign someone like Pavano, then I would agree with you.  However, I see no way that he'll sign with the Sox.  He has New York or Boston written all over him.  The biggest concern I have is that the Sox came into the season thinking that they had their 3b and catcher of the future in Crede and Olivo.  Now, we have gapping holes at each of the positions, as well as question marks in RF, SS, and 2b.  I will say that it looks like we solved our CF position for the future.  Thankfully McCarthy exploded, it makes up for the loss of Reed and the huge question marks about Honel and Wing.

Well Pavano is obviously the guy I want, I think I've made that pretty clear ;) . I'm talking about any top of the rotation guy though, makes that rotation very, very strong.

Yep, it would be nice to have top of the rotation guy. However, I really think that Pedro and Pavano are the only 2 guys that are available via FA this offseason. Odalis Perez is nowhere near an ace, and I don't think he'd come close to Buehrle's ERA in the AL in a hitters park. I can't think of any other aces that will be FA.

Yep, it would be nice to have top of the rotation guy.  However, I really think that Pedro and Pavano are the only 2 guys that are available via FA this offseason.  Odalis Perez is nowhere near an ace, and I don't think he'd come close to Buehrle's ERA in the AL in a hitters park.  I can't think of any other aces that will be FA.

If matt morris can regain some velocity he is an ace other than that there are some number two starters out there.

I would have liked to have seen Reed in a Sox uniform. I would have taken Harris at 2B for the rest of the year and Uribe at 3B the rest of the year.

Now we'll be trading Crede for a reliever in the offseason. Meanwhile, we have a hole in the OF(and don't try to convince me Carl Everett makes our OF whole, because he does not)

Meanwhile, we have a hole in the OF(and don't try to convince me Carl Everett makes our OF whole, because he does not)

I'm 100 percent of the opinion that Everett in the outfield for the Sox next year will be a total disaster. For a manager that stresses speed and defense, Everett is the total opposite. I would absolutely love it if KW found a way for either Everett to not pick up his option, or for the team to be able to trade him for a bag of balls.