CUBS LOSE!!!!!

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone watch the broadcast on WGN?

When Valentin was up, Stone kept saying how he'd IBB Valentin and pitch to the next guy. And when Valentin hit the double, Stone was like, "If it were me, I'd have walked Valentin. But I guess Dusty has a difference of opinion, so that's that."

I think Stoney is a great broadcaster - I'd love for him to be the manager of the Sox, and I'm honest about that. He's a very smart man.

And they are even kind enough to lose in extra innings  :headbang  :headbang  No garden variety blown out by the 5th, no siree. Hang in there and then choke in extra innings. I only wish this was Sunday to be eliminated.

nah...i'd rather breath easily this weekend, as long as houston/SF don't find a way to pull a cub.

When Valentin was up, Stone kept saying how he'd IBB Valentin and pitch to the next guy.  And when Valentin hit the double, Stone was like, "If it were me, I'd have walked Valentin.  But I guess Dusty has a difference of opinion, so that's that."

I think Stoney is a great broadcaster - I'd love for him to be the manager of the Sox, and I'm honest about that.  He's a very smart man.

I noticed that. He criticised Dusty a lot this game, and for good reason, too.

Guys, this is far from over with.  The Rockies have played teams tough as of late and no game is cake.  Cubs are still way in this.

I feel their done, but this incident has a strange psuedo-similarity to last October. Not many thought Cubs would lose Game 6/7 with the aces pitching back-to-back, similar to this years late season deficit.

Prior to Game 6 Jay Mariotti suggested "Anyone who is panicking with a 3-2 lead in the NLCS needs a shrink and a life." We all remember how that turned out. This mornings article he's declaring the Cubs elimination from the Wild Card is inevitable.

:fthecubs

Guys, this is far from over with.  The Rockies have played teams tough as of late and no game is cake.  Cubs are still way in this.

I don't think so. These last two losses will be too much to overcome. The way the Stros have been playing you have to assume they'll take care of business "Although anything can happen". You can pretty much stick a fork in them.

I was just thinking, will this finally be the year for the Cubs?

I mean the year where they actually blame themselves rather than some goat or a poor, pathetic fan.

Nope.

This is the Twins fault. If the Twins hadn't put LaTroy Hawkins in a role where they knew he'd succeed, the Cubs wouldn't have signed him, and they would actually have a closer and a top notch setup guy, and they would already have this thing wrapped up.

So, now both Chicago teams hate the Twins.

;)

I don't think so.  These last two losses will be too much to overcome.  The way the Stros have been playing you have to assume they'll take care of business "Although anything can happen".  You can pretty much stick a fork in them.

Hey Jordan...dish me some crow man...I didn't think Hawkins would suck as closer because he matured...good thing the dumbass proved me wrong. :cheers

When Valentin was up, Stone kept saying how he'd IBB Valentin and pitch to the next guy.  And when Valentin hit the double, Stone was like, "If it were me, I'd have walked Valentin.  But I guess Dusty has a difference of opinion, so that's that."

I think Stoney is a great broadcaster - I'd love for him to be the manager of the Sox, and I'm honest about that.  He's a very smart man.

Did you happen to see a bit later in the broadcast where they showed the old lady holding up the "steve stone for manager" sign? I thought that was a pretty ballsy thing for the director to flash on the screen, considering Stone pointed out two horrible management decisions in the deciding 1/2 inning. :fthecubs

I only wish I could share my MLB.TV account with all of you, so everyone could have the chance to watch the Cubs choke over and over again. I can't even count how many times I've watched the Bartman playoff game, it brings tears to my eyes!

EDIT: Tears of JOY!

Hey Jordan...dish me some crow man...I didn't think Hawkins would suck as closer because he matured...good thing the dumbass proved me wrong.  :cheers

lol@witesox. It's cool man. I didn't even think he would be this bad. I can think of one person I would like to give a lil crow too. But I won't mention his name :D

Did you happen to see a bit later in the broadcast where they showed the old lady holding up the "steve stone for manager" sign?  I thought that was a pretty ballsy thing for the director to flash on the screen, considering Stone pointed out two horrible management decisions in the deciding 1/2 inning. :fthecubs

Stone seems to be the perfect combination between smarts and just having gut decisions. I can listen to him analyze a game anytime, it's a shame that he's next to Chip Carey...

I'd sure take him as our manager. He realizes that guys with good OBP should be at the top of the order (seems so simple, yet so many managers refuse to acknowledge it). He also realizes that if a guy can practice bunting, and learn how to bunt for a hit - that he can be a real damn good threat. He's also smart when it comes to in game decisions, and he knows his stuff.

Ok - I'm done stroking Stone... :lol:

Go Astros! Go Giants! :headbang

lol@witesox.  It's cool man.  I didn't even think he would be this bad.  I can think of one person I would like to give a lil crow too.  But I won't mention his name  :D

LOL, let's just all be happy that the Cubs are losing. It brings a smile to my face knowing I don't have to worry about them trying to make it to the Series...in all likelyhood anyways.

Stone seems to be the perfect combination between smarts and just having gut decisions.  I can listen to him analyze a game anytime, it's a shame that he's next to Chip Carey...

I'd sure take him as our manager.  He realizes that guys with good OBP should be at the top of the order (seems so simple, yet so many managers refuse to acknowledge it).  He also realizes that if a guy can practice bunting, and learn how to bunt for a hit - that he can be a real damn good threat.  He's also smart when it comes to in game decisions, and he knows his stuff. 

Ok - I'm done stroking Stone...  :lol:

Go Astros!  Go Giants!  :headbang

My only problem with Stone is the countless stupid predictions he makes in a game. "If Kerry throws a slider in the dirt that should take care of (insert hitters name here)" That would really piss me off if I had to listen to that constantly.

If sounds as though Stone is gonna leave the Cubs now. He was just interviewed on WGN and from what I heard, he hates the organization now, other than a select few players (Sosa, Lee, Barrett). He also went on to say that this past year has been the most difficult year of his life.

After saying these things, I'm pretty sure its safe to say that he'll be leaving the Cubs booth.

If souns as though Stone is gonna leave the Cubs now. He was just interviewed on WGN and from what I heard, he hates the organization now other than a select few players (Sosa, Lee, Barrett). He also went on to say that this past year has been the most difficult year of his life.

After saying these things, I'm pretty sure its safe to say that he'll be leaving the Cubs booth.

Come to us.

Stone is such a smart baseball man, and its ridiculous some of the s*** he gets.

Like sitting next to Chimp. :lolhitting