Films

LosMediasBlancas

Holy crap, Transformers was bad.

The first 1:15:00 was nothing but campy jokes that were on a level lower than "Not another Teen Movie."

Am I the only one who thinks it completely f***ing crazy to see people's natural reaction to a living cyborg be shooting the bejesus out of it with bullets?

By the end of the movie it started to look like a GM commercial as I was just waiting for the "Magic Carpet Ride" music to kick in. The Camaro looks better than a C6 Corvette, but not a C5. B)

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 12:55 AM)

The first 1:15:00 was nothing but campy jokes that were on a level lower than "Not another Teen Movie."

Am I the only one who thinks it completely f***ing crazy to see people's natural reaction to a living cyborg be shooting the bejesus out of it with bullets?

By the end of the movie it started to look like a GM commercial as I was just waiting for the "Magic Carpet Ride" music to kick in. The Camaro looks better than a C6 Corvette, but not a C5. B)

Yeah, I was totally looking for more realism there

Campy jokes huh? Have you ever seen the original show?

I(and my 8-12 year old alter ego) thought it was awesome.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 07:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, I was totally looking for more realism there

Campy jokes huh? Have you ever seen the original show?

I(and my 8-12 year old alter ego) thought it was awesome.

I don't recall the original show making masturbation jokes, or having Spike act like Richard Prior scared out of his mind.

Why would you shoot metal bullets at a robot if it's the first time you ever saw it? I just wished people wouldn't have reacted like nothing was going on when a police car turns into a giant robot. Compare how the characters reacted in Jurassic park even though they knew they were going to be seeing dinosaurs.

Sorry, this movie sucked hardcore. The 1986 cartoon was way better.

Edited by santo=dorf

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 11:42 AM)
I don't recall the original show making masturbation jokes, or having Spike act like Richard Prior scared out of his mind.

Why would you shoot metal bullets at a robot if it's the first time you ever saw it? I just wished people wouldn't have reacted like nothing was going on when a police car turns into a giant robot. Compare how the characters reacted in Jurassic park even though they knew they were going to be seeing dinosaurs.

Sorry, this movie sucked hardcore. The 1986 cartoon was way better.

Sorry, I refuse to look for realism in a movie about Giant Chameleon robots from outer space based on a 1980's cartoon.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 11:42 AM)
or having Spike act like Richard Prior scared out of his mind.

?

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:11 AM)
Chalk me up as another "Live Free or Die Hard" fan. Phenomenal action film.

That movie was amazing. My favorite line was when that guy fell into the cooling tower's blades and Bruce Willis just says "Ohhh no!" Because that was exactly my reaction.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 12:54 PM)
Sorry, I refuse to look for realism in a movie about Giant Chameleon robots from outer space based on a 1980's cartoon.

Meh, it's sort of like my beef with King Kong. A movie about a gigantic ape isn't realistic, but having him dancing on thin ice was just completely unbelievable.

Even if its a fantasy movie, it can still make sense.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 09:50 AM)
That movie was amazing. My favorite line was when that guy fell into the cooling tower's blades and Bruce Willis just says "Ohhh no!" Because that was exactly my reaction.

Meh, it's sort of like my beef with King Kong. A movie about a gigantic ape isn't realistic, but having him dancing on thin ice was just completely unbelievable.

Even if its a fantasy movie, it can still make sense.

the thing is, the scene he is talking about took place in some alley. The only person who saw the transformer was Sam, and he was pretty freaked out. the only scene that could be construed as a dancing ape scene was when all of the transformers were hanging around Sams house waiting for him to find the glasses, and destroying everything around the house.

But like I said, i refuse to look for realism in that movie. I loved every minute of it

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 10:59 AM)
Bridge to Terrabithia was god awful. It was nothing like the previews.

I know, I read the book, and I was like, what the freak, that's not a good preview for what actually happens.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 7, 2007 -> 12:55 AM)

I agree

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE(Soxy @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 12:26 PM)
I know, I read the book, and I was like, what the freak, that's not a good preview for what actually happens.

They made it look like Harry Potter meets Lemony Snickets in the commericials. Instead it was stinking My Girl Blech.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)
They made it look like Harry Potter meets Lemony Snickets in the commericials. Instead it was stinking My Girl Blech.

Why did Thomas J have to die??? WHYYYYYYY?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 05:22 PM)

The book was really good. . .I'm glad I stayed away from the movie.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 08:40 PM)
When I was little, that must have been the closest I have ever come to crying because of a movie. :violin

Whatever happened to the girl who played Vada? I thought she had potential to grow up and be a major hottie.

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 02:37 AM)
lolz at people who think books are better than movies

I think books are more personal in that you have to picture a lot of things for yourself. Sometimes people are dissapointed when things in a film don't match how they pictured them when they read the book and that causes them to say the book was better.

By they way, watched 'Once' tonight. Good film, with very good music. It's probably 60% music, so it's basically a musical and you should be prepared for that going into it.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 02:46 AM)
I think books are more personal in that you have to picture a lot of things for yourself. Sometimes people are dissapointed when things in a film don't match how they pictured them when they read the book and that causes them to say the book was better.

By they way, watched 'Once' tonight. Good film, with very good music. It's probably 60% music, so it's basically a musical and you should be prepared for that going into it.

theatre of the mind will always beat the AMC theatre.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 08:22 AM)
Speaking of Harry Potter, I'm getting dragged to the new one when it comes out and I haven't seen the previous 900, so that should be fun.

its not as bad as you think it will be. You may be a little lost in the storyline though, if you arent really brushed up on the books.

Basically, a kid wizard with amazing powers has everyone trying to kill him while he is just trying to complete a semester at school

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 08:24 AM)
Basically, a kid wizard with amazing powers has everyone trying to kill him while he is just trying to complete a semester at school

So they needed to make 900 movies for that? :P

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 8, 2007 -> 04:11 AM)
Chalk me up as another "Live Free or Die Hard" fan. Phenomenal action film.

Me too!!! Probably the best of the set.

On another note:

Speaking of rudeness in theatres, this dude behind us kept putting his feet on the chair next to my wife. Nothing like someones bare feet next to your head.(Well he had flip flops on) Anyway, She didn't say anything to me, she just kept giving him a look when he would do it, thinking he would stop. I didn't notice cause I was pretty engrossed in the movie. Towards the end I had my arm around her chair and felt him kick the chair a couple times. I was like whatever, maybe he was just adjusting his legs. Then it happened a third time and I turned around and saw he had his feet up next to her head. So I reached over and grabbed his ankle and threw it down and he looked at me all bewildered and I looked at him like wtf you ignorant ass. No words were spoken and that was that. Movie ended about 10 minutes later and when we got up I was going to tell him what my problem was if he asked, but he pretended like he was sleeping.

Saw Transformers.

One of the stupidest movies evar. And not good stupid, like it was a spoof or something... it was just bad, even for a Bay movie. Annoyingly so.

Had a few humorous moments though, sound effects were quite kewl, and some of the CGI was pretty. But even the "action" was laughable.

NSS rating: 1 star

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 02:37 AM)
lolz at people who think books are better than movies

Wow.

This explains so much about the direction this country is going in.