Score just reported Sox sign AJ

103 mph screwball

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 05:39 PM)
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...s_cws&fext=.jsp

great signing. I didn't think Nen signed with us, but I guess he did. Anyway, this is great for the Sox. Speed and Power. I love it.

We haven't signed Nen and there is no indication we will except for some dude from San Francisco saying we were interested.

This is a great signing. Im here at work but cant wait to play the sox on MVP baseball with AJ on it. Kudos KW for researching about him and still give him a chance after bad things was said about AJ. AJ its your turn to be a thorn against the Twinkies.

Add me to the happy, happy fan pile.

I do think it is hilarious that less than a month ago the huge contingent of people who were positively freaking out beacause the Sox weren't doing anything. And people like me were laughed at for preaching patience. LOL. Now the Sox are essentially set, or maybe one or two finishing touches.

QUOTE(chisox2334 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 06:23 PM)
Funny how the attiude has changed from earlier. LoL people now dont get mad if takes awhile get Iguchi lol. Great signing and quite frankily everyone kinda expected come here.

I would rather go the cheaper route with cairo but if we get iguchi i will not be disappointed.

:cheers to Kenny!

Carlos Lee to the Brewer's ain't such a bad trade now, is it? Let's get that utility IF and invite a couple of pitchers to ST and away we go.

Have pitchers and catchers reported yet?

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)
Well.. Kenny will not be mugged at soxfest. I'm proud of the man. :)

Don't worry, I've still got a few things planned, mainly centered around Jeremy Reed.

In regards to this signing, I would like to see Davis traded now so that Burke can be kept on the roster to catch Buehrle.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
Don't worry, I've still got a few things planned, mainly centered around Jeremy Reed.

In regards to this signing, I would like to see Davis traded now so that Burke can be kept on the roster to catch Buehrle.

I think we would have to pay a team to take davis.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
I think we would have to pay a team to take davis.

Unfortunately, I am sure we would have non-tendered him had we known that we were going to land AJ.

Now we are stuck with a million dollar backup who can't hit.

QUOTE(Mr. Zero @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
I hope you are joking.

Would our starting staff be better with:

Buerhle

Hernandez

Contreras

Garland

Grilli

f*** that.

Not joking at all, I am just going to ask why he gave up Reed and were there other options available than giving up Reed.

If he doesn't give a suitable answer, I will further my probing questions.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 6, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)

I don't even want to think about the contract that Garcia would have gotten on the market this year. 4-5 years at $11-12 mil per year doesn't sound that far out of line for what pitchers were getting paid this off season. We would have been stuck with another cheap pitcher or Grilli/Diaz etc. That gives me the chills just thinking about it.