Jay Williams coming back to the NBA next year?

ESPN 1000 just reported that Jay Williams said he will make his comeback to the NBA next season. I'm assuming he will give the Bulls the first shot at signing him since they were gracious enough to pay out his full contract after his motorcycle accident. Any thoughts?

True, but shouldn't Jay be obligated to give us a good chance to sign him at a reasonable price...?  He's gotta be better than Frank Williams, and isn't he on the roster?

I seem to remember Jay saying that if he ever came back to the NBA he would give the Bulls the first shot at signing him.

Yeah he would give us first chance, I just don't see there being any need.

If you can sign him for what you're playing Frankie, good, otherwise there's no point.

Agreed. If he comes cheap, why not sign him? Frankie Williams needs to go back to college where he was actually good.

He wouldn't make the team and I don't think he will make it for any team, but someone will probably give him a shot only to find out he isn't near as good as he was.

If his leg is okay by now and he can run at full speed, he might be able to make it. But those are two big if's.

I never liked him because he was from duke. But many people have said he was one of the best ''point guards'' that they have ever seen at the college level. When he comes back he will be a solid back up. There is no reason to say he is done in my opinion.

I never liked him because he was from duke. But many people have said he was one of the best ''point guards'' that they have ever seen at the college level. When he comes back he will be a solid back up. There is no reason to say he is done in my opinion.

He HAS to be better than Frank Williams. I don't see why the Bulls wouldn't give him a workout after this season.

Don't be so sure about Jay giving the Bulls a cheaper shot than others. Alonzo Mourning was paid 11 million a year for 1-2 years of sitting on the Miami bench while they stuck by him and his kidney transplant. So what did he do when he was somewhat healed and a FA? He turned down the Heats off, which was the most they could give, something around 3-4 million, so he could sign with the Nets for more money.

As for Jay Will, anything to keep him out of broadcasting, yikes.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 06:45 PM)
I never liked him because he was from duke.

Good thing we traded Brand, right?

Seriously though, Deng (get well soon) is doing a solid job for the Bulls. And yeah, in my opinion he can be one of the better players from that draft...better than iguodala...Although I am not a Duke fan myself, they're obviously going to continue to provide some good players...

deron/dee=langdon/avery? :unsure:

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Apr 8, 2005 -> 11:01 PM)
Good thing we traded Brand, right?

Seriously though, Deng (get well soon) is doing a solid job for the Bulls.  And yeah, in my opinion he can be one of the better players from that draft...better than iguodala...Although I am not a Duke fan myself, they're obviously going to continue to provide some good players...

deron/dee=langdon/avery?    :unsure:

Wel i worded it wrong. I never like any selection righ away when we get them from duke. But once they are a bull you start to adapt.

He already has said that a couple of teams have given him offers. Most notably was Houston. The Bulls won't bring him back, but I think they should. I think at worst right now, he'll be Chris Duhon and he'll be cheaper since he's coming off of injury. I like Duhon and Pargo, but I think even Jay coming back will be as good as those guys. I don't think he'll be the top PG in the game like so many thought he would be, but he'll be a slightly above average PG in the league.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Apr 9, 2005 -> 04:09 PM)
He already has said that a couple of teams have given him offers. Most notably was Houston. The Bulls won't bring him back, but I think they should. I think at worst right now, he'll be Chris Duhon and he'll be cheaper since he's coming off of injury. I like Duhon and Pargo, but I think even Jay coming back will be as good as those guys. I don't think he'll be the top PG in the game like so many thought he would be, but he'll be a slightly above average PG in the league.

Until Jay can prove he can make it back to the NBA, I'll keep Duhon.