Sox @ A'ss Game Thread (4/26 @ 9:05 p.m. CT)

Jabroni

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sick of your whining and complaining every time a player makes a mistake.  First it was Crede, yet whenever Ozuna does anything your right there kissing his ass. 

Get your blinders off, just cause you hate Willie and Crede and whoever else doesn't mean they suck.  Two errors aren't going to change my mind.  I've seen enough of Willie play and I think most everyone here would be willing to admit that he's a better defensive 2nd baseman than Guchi.  He has far more range and is a fundementally sound defensive player (no knock on Guchi...Harris is just a very good defensive 2nd baseman). 

And Willie is a better play than Pablo..hate to break it to you.

Willie sucks. He's not even a defensive replacement at this point. He has blown 2 plays in less than a week.

Edited by Jabroni

He's the best defensive 2nd baseman on the team so shove it.  I'm sick of this s***, a guy makes a bad play and he sucks.  Its a 162 game season, errors happen, mistakes happen.  Willie's batting over .300 and playing good.  He doesn't complain at all and gives his all when he's on the field

Harris is not a great defender, he's an average defender at second base, which he wasn't playing, which is precisely the point. He shouldn't be on the team this year, he should be in AAA or with some other team. Harris blew what will be the first of many plays this year if he continues to play shortstop. The Sox need a real utility infielder, not one that Ozzie felt bad cutting.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
Ozzie didn't make a mistake by sending Buehrle back out there.  He's supposed to be our ace.  He didn't act like it tonight.

He had a bad game and had no business in the 7th. Pitchers have bad games, look at Zito yesterday and Harden today.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
Jason, people don't want to hear that.

They want a scapegoat.  Oh, we lost 9-7?  It was Harris' fault, if he doesn't make the error, we win.

People don't look at the fact that Timo and Ozuna are a combined 10-for-48 on the season. 

It's pathetic.  I'm sorry, but it is.

It was the teams fault. They stranded runners, Buerhle didn't pitch well, Ozzie may of made a mistake, Dye and Willie and Uribe made errors. Sure people may chalk it up to one player, but its a team effort, its a team game and the team lost.

s*** happens in a 162 game season, the key is to learn from those mistakes and don't let them happen again.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:09 AM)
Ozzie didn't make a mistake by sending Buehrle back out there.  He's supposed to be our ace.  He didn't act like it tonight.

Yes, but going into the 7th inning against two righty batters, don't you think maybe it's time to call it a night for the pitcher, and let your supposed great bullpen get the last 9 outs of the game for you?

QUOTE(bigred3535 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:11 AM)
Harris is not a great defender, he's an average defender at second base, which he wasn't playing, which is precisely the point. He shouldn't be on the team this year, he should be in AAA or with some other team. Harris blew what will be the first of many plays this year if he continues to play shortstop. The Sox need a real utility infielder, not one that Ozzie felt bad cutting.

You're a joke.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
Ozzie made a terrible mistake sending Buerhle out in the 7th.

But this game is a bunch of different players making mistakes.

And if this game affects Ozzie, than he is not a manager.

Some days things just dont go your way, you dont think that one of our wins we got some bounces?

We played as bad as we could, and we are only down 2 runs.

You can not win every game.

SB

:notworthy

QUOTE(3E8 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)

He goes out there alot of times without his best stuff. Saying the reason we lost this game is because we put him out there for the seventh inning may be the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Apr 26, 2005 -> 11:09 PM)
I love all the Willie defenders.  Where were they when he almost blew the game against the Royals a few days ago while playing his natural position of 2nd base.

You have your whipping boys and no matter what happens in a game you've blamed a single player for every single loss.

QUOTE(whitesox91403 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
Thank-you Punch. That is the point I have been trying to get across.

We don't "grasp" it? I'm sorry, but I know when give away game happens. But, it's not the end of the world.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:08 AM)
I think those complaining about the mood around here are failign to grasp how bad of a giveaway this is tonight

Yah, it sucks. It will more than likely happen again. It's ok. Tomorrow's another day. We aren't going to make 4 errors a game, and Buehrle isn't going to give up 7 runs a game. Goofy s*** happens.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 05:11 AM)
You have your whipping boys and no matter what happens in a game you've blamed a single player for every single loss.

Yep -- one game Crede, one game Harris, one game Marte.

Sure as hell glad he's not our GM.