Viz is a bum

soxfan420

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vizcaino is actually very good when he starts his own inning, but yes. He can not let those inherited runners score like he has been. Ozzie should take some blame for pulling Brandon for no reason.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 22, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
Vizcaino is actually very good when he starts his own inning, but yes. He can not let those inherited runners score like he has been. Ozzie should take some blame for pulling Brandon for no reason.

That was pretty f***ing stupid. There was no reason whatsoever to pull BMAC in that innning. He could have easily finished off the 6th and we go from there. I hate that decision.

Every team knows Viz throws only one pitch and all the hitters are aware of this and lay off it when it's low and when it hangs the crush hit. He has been a piece of s*** ever since the start of the year and every time he is in, it seems he lets a run score, whether it be his or someone else's.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
That was pretty f***ing stupid.  There was no reason whatsoever to pull BMAC in that innning.  He could have easily finished off the 6th and we go from there.  I hate that decision.

yes there was.

it was his debut. You have a short leash for him. He was looking a little wild that inning. Get him out of there with his confidence still in tact.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 22, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
yes there was.

it was his debut.  You have a short leash for him.  He was looking a little wild that inning.  Get him out of there with his confidence still in tact.

I'm not going to bash ozzie at all for the move because I understand what he was thinking but I do completely disagree with the decision. Brandon's not your average youngster, he's so mature and he just knows what he's doing, he's obviously doesn't get rattled easily but Ozzie made his choice and it backfired, but it happens.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 22, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
yes there was.

it was his debut.  You have a short leash for him.  He was looking a little wild that inning.  Get him out of there with his confidence still in tact.

Its not like he just walked a couple of guys. He just got the 1st out on a weak line drive and was fairly steady the rest of the game. His pitch count wasn't that high either (78). He should have finished the innning.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
That was pretty f***ing stupid.  There was no reason whatsoever to pull BMAC in that innning.  He could have easily finished off the 6th and we go from there.  I hate that decision.

Ding. There was no rational thinking involved in taking BMac out there. He was pitching well and he had just gotten the last batter out. It wasn't like he was losing it. And to put in the same type of pitcher sets it all up for the Cubs. At least give the hitters a change of pace (Cotts).

QUOTE(Wedge @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
In Ozzie's defense, the two hitters that Viz faced upon replacing BMac were 4-21 in their career against Viz.  I don't think it was a bad decision by Ozzie.

Dubois is a rookie and had never faced Vizcaino.

QUOTE(Wedge @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:41 PM)
In Ozzie's defense, the two hitters that Viz faced upon replacing BMac were 4-21 in their career against Viz.  I don't think it was a bad decision by Ozzie.

Ozzie would also not know that since he claims to not look at stats.

QUOTE(knightni @ May 22, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
I'd be all for sending Viz back to the NL for a decent prospect, then moving Contreras to the BP after El Duque comes back.

We would be moving contreras to the pen ( arguably our second best starter at this point) why? Just for s***s and giggles?

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ May 22, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
Every team knows Viz throws only one pitch and all the hitters are aware of this and lay off it when it's low and when it hangs the crush hit.  He has been a piece of s*** ever since the start of the year and every time he is in, it seems he lets a run score, whether it be his or someone else's.

If Viz could throw his fastball for strikes he'd be a lot more dominate, unfortunately the only thing he throws for strikes is his slider and pitchers just wait for him to leave it up (and he does it far too often) and bam...HR.

I think this is the one player on this team that deserves his own thread that says he needs to go. This whole year, we've had thread on just about everyone, PK, Dye, Contreras, Garcia, Timo, etc. But, all of those guys have been good for this team at some point. They've all come out of their funks.

Vizcaino has not done this. He has sucked on a consistent basis this entire season. He hasn't earned a spot on this club. He always lets runners score and he can't hold a lead or last more than 1 inning without sucking. This guy is pure garbage now. He can't survive on two pitches. It's time to say goodbye to Viz and bring up Bajenaru.

QUOTE(danman31 @ May 22, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
Ding. There was no rational thinking involved in taking BMac out there. He was pitching well and he had just gotten the last batter out. It wasn't like he was losing it. And to put in the same type of pitcher sets it all up for the Cubs. At least give the hitters a change of pace (Cotts).

After he got Burnitz I was thinking Bmac was going to go 7. Ramirez had hit it hard but Brandon was rolling and after that you get Corey, Blanco and Prior which isn't all that gouh (especially the way they are hitting). That and Bmac had it on cruise control minus a few pitches he left up in the zone (he pitched good and he's got the ability to pitch even better).

It was flat out dumb taking him out, especially because the only time he looked wild that inning was the one pitch he threw to DL (who he was just trying to hammer inside the entire game).

Fact was Ozzie had his mind made up long before that and I know what Ozzie was thinking I just don't think it was the right call (and said it to myself right when he made the call).