Who would you rather have ?

sayitaintso

Who would you rather have playing at 3rd base for the Sox?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather have playing at 3rd base for the Sox?

• Eric Chavez
    • Abuery Huff
    • Joe Crede
    • Joe Randa
    • Other

There have been so many different topics about who people want to see playing third base, and everyone has expressed their reasons why they thought that we should trade for that person, i was curious to see how many people actually want that person. And if youy pick other, can you please say the person and why?

Aubrey Huff, not even close IMO.

EDIT: Well of course other, Rolen and Jones etc. would be a lot better choice. But realistically we probably can't get a 3B that good. So Huff we be the best choice outta of the ones Available.

Edited by Be Good

QUOTE(sayitanitso @ May 29, 2005 -> 09:22 AM)
There have been so many different topics about who people want to see playing third base, and everyone has expressed their reasons why they thought that we should trade for that person, i was curious to see how many people actually want that person. And if youy pick other, can you please say the person and why?

Eric Chavez is the best defensive 3rd baseman in the group and the best offensive.

Some names no one has mentioned yet (probably because there's about as good a chance of getting them as there is of Crede hitting .350 with 45 HR and 130 RBI):

David Wright

Ryan Freel

Chone Figgins

Melvin Mora

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ May 29, 2005 -> 08:59 PM)
Some names no one has mentioned yet (probably because there's about as good a chance of getting them as there is of Crede hitting .350 with 45 HR and 130 RBI):

David Wright

Ryan Freel

Chone Figgins

Melvin Mora

if David Wright were traded from the Mets, their GM would be institutionalized the next day.

I still say that while Crede versus anyone else at 3rd straight up Crede will probably lose...having Crede at 3b, along with Anderson and McCarthy still in our organization...Crede + others has to win.

It'd be nice to upgrade, yeah. But dammit, I think the cost is just too high.

I'd say Crede still, but I wouldn't be against adding Randa and sending Crede

down for more more more seasoning.

It's nice to have the good glove there, but so many of his at bats are hopeless.

I wonder what we'd have to give up for Randa.

I'd say Crede still, but I wouldn't be against adding Randa and sending Crede

down for more more more seasoning.

It's nice to have the good glove there, but so many of his at bats are hopeless.

I wonder what we'd have to give up for Randa.

I thing we should have Crede stuffed and put on display, just as a warning to other Sox prospects that they had better pan out.

QUOTE(AirScott @ May 29, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
if David Wright were traded from the Mets, their GM would be institutionalized the next day.

As I said, the likelihood of acquiring those players is as great as the likelihood of Crede hitting .350 with 45 HR and 130 RBI.