Jenks heading to Chicago..

minorsfan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 11:42 PM)
B-Mac might be lonely on his flight to Charlotte -- why not send Walker with him? And, Baj and Jenks can come up at the same time?

And push Walker out of the plane half way to Carolina.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)
Aw, come on now.

Viz-4.46 ERA

Walker-10.80 ERA

Tonight was the first time in almost two months that he entered the game with a lead of 3 or less and didn't surrender it. He did pitch 2 innings in a tied game in Detroit, but I would hardly call those clean innings. He allowed 4 hits and a walk. He's lucky that Detroit was sucking hardcore that series. He's been bad.

Shingo starting to revert too, but he looks better doing it.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 11:57 PM)
Tonight was the first time in almost two months that he entered the game with a lead of 3 or less and didn't surrender it.  He did pitch 2 innings in a tied game in Detroit, but I would hardly call those clean innings. He allowed 4 hits and a walk. He's lucky that Detroit was sucking hardcore that series. He's been bad.

Shingo starting to revert too, but he looks better doing it.

But being bad shouldn't be put in the same breath as Kevin Walker.

He takes sucking at what you do to a whole new level.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
Conformation:

in the postgame

Ozzie: diz kid Jenks is gonna come up.

Ok so that's settled. What role do you think we're gonna see him in, Viz has the long man role sewn up.

I just hope that when Ozzie made a "J" sound it was Baj instead of Jenks.

I mean, really now, Bajenaru isn't the easiest name in the world.

I still have no confirmation on this from any sources, but I guess Ozzie is.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
Well, interesting move but I'm really, really excited to see Bobby pitch.  Anyone think Kenny has something against the futures game, we always have 1 or 0 guys there. ;)

Yeah no s***. Plus Munoz hardly counts last year so we had nobody. I had already hated him at that time (and still do). Maybe we can get a replacement guy in there.

Edited by danman31

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
Can anyone tell me what pitches Jenks has?  What does he clock at for each pitch ? I know he used to have that 103 mph 4-seamer  what is it now?

101 MPH FB, A cut fastball (doesn't use it much so I am not positive on it) 92-94 uses it for Ground Balls, 12-6 Curve. Both Curve and FB are + pitches

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 12:49 AM)
101 MPH FB,  A cut fastball (doesn't use it much so I am not positive on it) 92-94 uses it for Ground Balls,  12-6 Curve.   Both Curve and FB are + pitches

He currently has a 101 mph fastball ? :o HOLY s***!! I thought he lost it for some reason. Thanks!!

Didnt realize he had a 12-6 either. Wow, I think he has the stuff to stay up here.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 05:53 AM)
He currently has a 101 mph fastball ? :o HOLY s***!!    I thought he lost it for some reason.  Thanks!!

Didnt realize he had a 12-6 either. Wow, I think he has the stuff to stay up here.

How about we say a mid to high 90's fastball that tops out around 100mph?? Let's not get expectations too high here. Blowing away AA hitters with top notch stuff is one thing. Let's see how he fares against big league hitters, especially after they have seen him a few times and begin to adjust.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 12:58 AM)
How about we say a mid to high 90's fastball that tops out around 100mph?? Let's not get expectations too high here.  Blowing away AA hitters with top notch stuff is one thing.  Let's see how he fares against big league hitters, especially after they have seen him a few times and begin to adjust.

Fair enough. Thats still impressive regardless.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
I just hope that when Ozzie made a "J" sound it was Baj instead of Jenks.

I mean, really now, Bajenaru isn't the easiest name in the world.

I still have no confirmation on this from any sources, but I guess Ozzie is.

Well I know I don't post too often but believe me when I did post this I did so after confirmation from a very reliable "source".

I don't like rumors especially on the net so I made sure this was 100% true before choosing to bring it to this board. It is certainly your right to be suspicious since I am not a regular poster. I am telling you I only post "confirmed" info. But if you don't believe Ozzie well I guess all I can tell you is wait til you see him in uniform.

BTW... There is a press release on the Official White Sox website.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 4, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
I'm waiting on confirmation for this. No releases from the Barons or the Sox.

I'm almost hoping for Baj to get traded to get a shot. I'm willing to bet if we do make a deal that he is involved, if this Jenks thing is true.

I agree 100%, as much as I would hate to lose Jeff, he deserves a real chance to pitch at the big league level. If the Sox aren't going to give it to him, they need to send him somewhere that will.

QUOTE(minorsfan @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 07:56 AM)
Well I know I don't post too often but believe me when I did post this I did so after confirmation from a very reliable "source". 

I don't like rumors especially on the net so I made sure this was 100% true before choosing to bring it to this board.  It is certainly your right to be suspicious since I am not a regular poster. I am telling you I only post "confirmed" info.  But if you don't believe Ozzie well I guess all I can tell you is wait til you see him in uniform.

BTW...  There is a press release on the Official White Sox website.

It's just that Jason said this would happen about a week ago and it didn't materialize. :P

I was kind of speaking in jest about the whole Ozzie thing.... :gosoxretro:

There seems to be a lot of love here for Baj. I obviously like his numbers, but don't know anything else about him. Why is he so loved here? It is almost as if he is related to y'all. I have nothing against him, really. Just curious on why he is held in such high esteem.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan