7/14/05 - White Sox @ Indians Game Thread

Steve9347

Jose, jose jose jose, Jose...Jose...

Let's go guys. There's a lot of guys on this team who can and should play better in the 2nd half than they did in the first. Crunch time starts today. It's time to show the world what we're really made of.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 12:04 PM)
Jose, jose jose jose, Jose...Jose...

Let's go guys.  There's a lot of guys on this team who can and should play better in the 2nd half than they did in the first.  Crunch time starts today.  It's time to show the world what we're really made of.

^couldnt have said it better. This is are time to show the rest of baseball that we are for real :headbang :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro:

Timo may be playing tonight:

Timo Perez, coming off of a game-tying double in the bottom of the ninth inning Sunday, could get a start Thursday with eight hits in 21 career at-bats against Millwood.

Pods in center, Timo in left?

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
Timo may be playing tonight:

Pods in center, Timo in left?

pods may get night off because of the ASG?

honestly, i'm willing to give timo a start today

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
Can you tune in WCIU with bunny ears? My cable is out until tomorrow and I am now freaking out.....

Yeah u can its channel 26 up by me on the north side don't know bout u lets get these indians. :fight

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 02:54 PM)
Yeah, why hasn't it happened yet? And who's that in your avator having adjustment issues?

My guess is that the legwork has been done, and they will announce it before the game tonight.

We should see Marte tonight too, but might want to keep Walker one more day just in case to use if there is a blow out and Contreras gets knocked out early again.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
Jessica Simpson

Interesting. I guess sometimes when they're not your own they tend to get a little out of control.

BOLD SECOND HALF PREDICTION:

Joe Crede goes on an absolute tear...as in red hot...as in making me eat s*** for all the smack I've talked about him for the last two years. You have to admit, if nothing else, Crede has one of the better baseball names. When he was first drafted I thought it was pronounced CREED. How cool would that be?

Edited by The Ginger Kid

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
When will the roster moves happen? Harris down- Gload up- Walker down- Marte up exe? Or did those moves already happen?

Damaso Marte will be activated after the All-Star break on Thursday versus the Indians.

I'm guessing they'll keep Jenks up through the weekend. Then he goes down after Sunday's game in time for the Duke's return.

QUOTE(Al Lopez's Ghost @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
According to Scott Reifert, our lineup tonight is Pods, Guch, Frank, Konerko, Rowand, Dye, AJ, Crede, Uribe.

That's a relief. Pods and Iguchi are what make this team tick -- I hate it when one or both is out of the lineup.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
When is Dye gonna move up in the order?  Our hottest hitter for a few months and he's mired in the 6th spot in the order.

Paulie showed America on Tuesday how dangerous he can be.