7/20 Game thread vs. Detroit

Steff

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:52 PM)
Well, I wouldn't discount us.  They are a good hitting team, but we have more HR's than them.  I wouldn't like our chances in a slugfest, but I do think we have capable players if needed.

I don't even find the fact that we have that many HR's impressive, not when so many players on the team are constantly swinging for the fences.

• Replies 970
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
Just an off day. It happens. On July 20th it might happen to us for only the 31st time...  pretty damn good, IMO.

Amen Steff. Of course, I don't like losing a series to the Tigers, but at 62-31, I ain't gonna lose any sleep over it. Help on offense would be welcome, but I'm willing to patiently wait for Kenny to make something happen.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
Just an off day. It happens. On July 20th it might happen to us for only the 31st time...  pretty damn good, IMO.

Should be everyones opinion, not just yours.. We just didnt have it today (so far but Kong just walked) but theres no reason to get down..

I really think we need a bat, get it done KW

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:53 PM)
How is saying that Ozzie favors his latin players racist.  He makes comments the reason Timo is on the team is "he provides a positive influence for our young latin players"

You're accusing, ASSuming, that the reason Latin players are here is because Ozzie favors them..and then go as far as saying if you aren't Latin you are screwed.. sorry.. but THAT'S bulls***.. and ignorant.. and sounds like you have an axe to grind with latin players because YOU feel they are not worthy of being on this team. You have every right to your opinion and I have every right to claim it, your comments - not you, sounds rasist to ME..

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
If the Sox somehow come back and win this thing, i will never make another negative comment about them again.  :rolly

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

On cue, the Sox offense awakens when the game is already out of reach.

If only Ozzie would have resisted the urge to give Garcia the opportunity to win, If Politte/Cotts would have pitched like men, these runs might have mattered.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
You're accusing, ASSuming, that the reason Latin players are here is because Ozzie favors them..and then go as far as saying if you aren't Latin you are screwed.. sorry.. but THAT'S bulls***.. and ignorant.. and sounds like you have an axe to grind with latin players because YOU feel they are not worthy of being on this team. You have every right to your opinion and I have every right to claim it, your comments - not you, sounds rasist to ME..

Totally agree with you

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
On cue, the Sox offense awakens when the game is already out of reach.

If only Ozzie would have resisted the urge to give Garcia the opportunity to win, If Politte/Cotts would have pitched like men, these runs might have mattered.

Politte left with the bases loaded... all his runners.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)

Sure Timo is here because he has earned it over anyone.

The rest of your analysis is very very far off.

After seeing this team play the past few weeks, I'm convinced we'd better add a stick in the middle of this lineup somewhere, or we are dead come playoff time. The heart of your order cannot be batting .230-265 in the playoffs like they have been all year...that's a death knell.

QUOTE(Cubs Suck23 @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
Totally agree with you

Thanks... but please.. I don't want this to turn into some big thing.. and I'm not trying to fight with you 71. Just don't agree with you and think your comments are out of line. I will make no further comments on the issue.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 05:02 PM)
After seeing this team play the past few weeks, I'm convinced we'd better add a stick in the middle of this lineup somewhere, or we are dead come playoff time.  The heart of your order cannot be batting .230-265 in the playoffs like they have been all year...that's a death knell.

Don't worry, chemistry will get us through.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Jul 20, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
After seeing this team play the past few weeks, I'm convinced we'd better add a stick in the middle of this lineup somewhere, or we are dead come playoff time.  The heart of your order cannot be batting .230-265 in the playoffs like they have been all year...that's a death knell.

Rowand's got to start hitting with some authority. He is usually pretty good in the second half, even before last season's breakout.