Latest news on Huff and Baez

AWhiteSoxinNJ

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BP said Marte and McCarthy is the offer for Huff. They didn't mention Baez. They also claim to have a source that says TB likes Boston's offer for him better, and not to be surprised if TB does nothing. Either LaMar really is out of his mind, or McCarthy's stock is not nearly as high as previously thought.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 08:44 AM)
BP said Marte and McCarthy is the offer for Huff. They didn't mention Baez. They also claim to have a source that says TB likes Boston's offer for him better, and not to be surprised if TB does nothing. Either LaMar really is out of his mind, or McCarthy's stock is not nearly as high as previously thought.

B-mac certainly didn't impress when he was with the big league team. I'd hate to think they would hold that against a 21 year old.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 12:49 AM)
I wonder how the possible acquisition would affect Konerko.  He would quickly realize this is his last year as a White Sox.

I wouldn't call that cut and dry, even if Huff's acquired.

QUOTE(quickman @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 09:19 AM)
who cares, for he is making 8 million, I think he can get over it.

my lord....i forgot how good those 90s cleveland lineups were...they are showin boggs 3,000 hit vs. indians on classic.....vizquel, a damn good alomar(s), ramirez and thome in their primes, a good lofton, justice (he was old bythen) lofton fryman .....yikes

Edited by daa84

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 09:32 AM)
Aw, what the f***?  I just read through like 9 pages of stuff I've missed since last night, and not one f***ing thing happened.

Geoff Blum?!  Who gives a rat's ass?  Where's my Huff?

hopefully gettin on a plane headed to baltimore

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
Where's my Huff?

Here he is; :P

58m.jpg

EDIT: Work you stupid picture. Ahh screw it. It was a Huff Movie pic.

Edited by DBAH0

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
Aw, what the f***?  I just read through like 9 pages of stuff I've missed since last night, and not one f***ing thing happened.

Geoff Blum?!  Who gives a rat's ass?  Where's my Huff?

I can't believe how quiet it is today on here. After every single bulls*** trade rumor was analyzed to death on soxtalk, the big day has arrived, and it's quiet as can be.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 05:18 AM)
Definitely not. He is a quality arm with goof stuff but to overpay for him would be bad. Baez and Huff for MBac, Sweeney, and Tracy??? Yes, No?

Thank goodness you aren't the GM. I wouldn't give up BMac straight up for Huff and Baez because I don't want "Blown Save" Baez at any price. Huff is a decent player, but he has no position. He's a 5-position backup. Tracey, fine. Not BMac and not Sweeney.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 09:42 AM)
Thank goodness you aren't the GM.  I wouldn't give up BMac straight up for Huff and Baez because I don't want "Blown Save" Baez at any price.  Huff is a decent player, but he has no position.  He's a 5-position backup.  Tracey, fine.  Not BMac and not Sweeney.

Inaccuracies run amok in this post.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
Thank goodness you aren't the GM.  I wouldn't give up BMac straight up for Huff and Baez because I don't want "Blown Save" Baez at any price.  Huff is a decent player, but he has no position.  He's a 5-position backup.  Tracey, fine.  Not BMac and not Sweeney.

And Huff would be the best player at any of those 5 positions you say he'd back-up.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:43 AM)
Inaccuracies run amok in this post.

Is Huff the player who's hit 8 home runs this month, or the one who's hit 5 in the 1st 3 though? Something to consider.

QUOTE(beck72 @ Jul 31, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Offman reported on the score that the sox were just interested in Huff, no Baez, and BMac wasn't in the offer. TB is very familiar with the sox farm system. Maybe Josh Fields would play a big part. I can't see them wanting an OFer.

Knowing Tampa's GM.....that means we don't have a chance in hell at Huff. No way we're getting him without giving up McCarthy (not that I'm complaining). This GM did get Kazmir for Victor Zambrano last season!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
And Huff would be the best player at any of those 5 positions you say he'd back-up.

You're saying that even though Jermaine Dye and Paul Konerko have better power numbers, and that Scott Podsednik is one of the best lead-off hitters in baseball, you'd still prefer Aubrey Huff to any of em?