"I Hate the White Sox" on Salon.com

RibbieRubarb

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 09:25 PM)
I actually love her blog.  She has lego pictures of baseball situations that are freakin hilarious.

I agree. I'm a subversive troll on her website who writes in their Twins "chick" speak about how disappointing and pointless this season is. It's quite fun, you should try it.

She's witty but she's blown the b**** sox thing out of proportion. It's a rivalry and girls, er, ladies, have a hard time grasping smack talk. It's "mean."

whatever. enjoy the ice fishing this winter, Batgirl. And bring your hubby along for company. I'm going to be holed-up watching the WS replay over and over again weeping tears of joy to be the first in my family since my great granfather to witness a Sox championship.

:cheers

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
She absolutely skewered the medias portrayal of the feel good White Sox a month and a half ago. When she had Darth Thomas and the White Sox attending a team builiding retreat. That was f***ing brilliant.

Spot on satire in the form of Legos.

Where else are you going to find that?

That was just one of the most funniest pieces you're ever going to read anywhere. Period.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 01:34 AM)
Some people are entirely too full of themselves, no one in particular. *cough* ahem.

Wow. That was pointless. He basically said no one has the balls to post of pic of themselves on here....so I respond with a *cough* ahem as in saying "Uuum, I did" Don't like it, don't respond... :headshake

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 06:16 AM)
Wow. That was pointless. He basically said no one has the balls to post of pic of themselves on here....so I respond with a *cough* ahem as in saying "Uuum, I did" Don't like it, don't respond... :headshake

Did I say you? No. But, like you do everywhere, because I put *cough*ahem, you thought I was talking about you. I saw your sig, we all know what you look like, and BFD.

You need to back off and settle down a notch or two, or you're about to learn something you don't want to learn here.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(WSNS-TV44 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 12:37 PM)
Are you sure she's a Twins fan?I smell Cubbie Blue on this skank.

Wow, 2 posts and 2 cubs references. She is a huge die hard twins fan. Check out her webpage, read her articles, and get back to me with an educated observation.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 01:16 AM)

SF1, not only did you post a pick, but you did so with class... I forget whom we realized you looked like, some character, anyway... anyone can see a pick of myself and my fiance by looking at my profile.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 03:47 AM)
Either way, Anne Ursu is one ugly b****, and f*** the Minnesota Twins.
I've seen her on TV before and, while she blinks a lot and has annoying mannerisms, she's not that bad looking.

QUOTE(sti3 @ Aug 11, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
I appreciate her passion but find her writing cutesy/precious/whathaveyou.  I think her legions of adorers are taken in by the fact that she's a woman fan.  If she were a guy writing what she does she'd be ignored.

I spend all day reading news and sports on the net, and I can tell you there are very, very few people; male, female, or otherwise, who can write this well.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 08:27 AM)
I spend all day reading news and sports on the net, and I can tell you there are very, very few people; male, female, or otherwise, who can write this well.
Like any art form, writing is appreciated subjectively. I simply don't like her style. And I think there are plenty of people that write as well or better than her. F__k, Jay Mariotti is a good writer technically, as are most of the guys on ESPN Page 2. And that's just sports blabbermouths.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 10, 2005 -> 10:37 PM)
She might be a talented writer and she may be a die hard fan but sometimes she goes to far with some of the things she says.

This is rich... like bazillionare rich. :lol:

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 12, 2005 -> 02:00 PM)
This is rich... like bazillionare rich.  :lol:

I know, Steff, ain't it? Like 98% of the soxtalk population?

I'm telling you, people should read their s***. They all do the same thing, but at least she's funny.

Edited by kapkomet

I love the part where she writes: "If the Twins can sweep this five-game series against Detroit, I'll go to the game every Sunday etc. etc. etc" and immediatey follows it up with a simple "I can't believe we lost three out of five to Detroit." That's some great dry humor there.

Seriously, if she were a Sox fan/writer, we would be all over her in a good way, and you all know it.

Maybe we should all chip in and really rock her world view by sending a flower bouquet or something...

SFF