Game Thread 8/29

Ishmookie

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 05:45 PM)
And yes, our offense is struggling.

No doubt.

But I doubt one bat makes that much difference.

If it's someone like Griffey, it can make a fairly big difference. It would move Everett to 5th and Aj to 7th, and give everyone around him better pitches to hit.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 07:44 PM)
*sigh*

So we were supposed to give up EVERYTHING we have... based on Tampa holding us hostage, or the Reds telling us no?

No one moved, because the market wasn't conducive to making a move.

actaully no, but the GM needs to find ways, other ways to improve. Again overpay, do what you need. What if* we do lose the division, the fans will take years to forgive this. Years! it will make the white flag look silly. THe GM's job is to get us in the best position. They have failed to fill the gaps to win a championship. I wonder if we were just 2 games up at the deadline if that would have jump started his ass. I bet it would have.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 06:44 PM)
*sigh*

So we were supposed to give up EVERYTHING we have... based on Tampa holding us hostage, or the Reds telling us no?

No one moved, because the market wasn't conducive to making a move.

I'm glad you were able to confirm that. Joe Randa moved. KW came in second. Tony Graffinino moved. KW came in second. KW could have given a better package for either of those without giving up EVERYTHING we have.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 06:48 PM)
I'm glad you were able to confirm that. Joe Randa moved. KW came in second. Tony Graffinino moved. KW came in second. KW could have given a better package for either of those without giving up EVERYTHING we have.

KW already said the package he offered Cinci for Randa was much better than what SD offerred. He can't make them accept the deal.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)

And I'm glad to know you're able to know what the offers were on the table.

Seems like most of them were pretty significant pieces to our future.

I know the attitude is win this year or else because this is our best chance in 90 years, but I don't believe that.

How much did Matt Lawton cost? How much will Todd Walker cost? There are options that dont K silly, or get no hit for large parts of the game. If our pitching doesnt pitch their asses off, we have a problem.

KW needs to get a bat, he doesnt need to get KGJ. He needs to find a bat that is a higher average, good obp, that doesnt K at the clip our team does. Medicore pitching shuts this team down too easily. If we had a medicore hitting team, this team is a world series favorite.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
KW already said the package he offered Cinci for Randa was much better than what SD offerred. He can't make them accept the deal.

I'm not saying you're wrong...but what do you expect KW to say? Yes, we tried to low ball the Reds, but we couldn't get Randa? Of course he's going to say he had a great offer.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)

Maybe in his mind it was, but not in Cinci's. Part of the problem is the White Sox have overvalued their prospects for years. KW needs to put his money where is mouth is. Using one of his lines, why do you give up an additional prospect who probably won't be anything special in the big leagues? "1917"

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 06:52 PM)
I'm not saying you're wrong...but what do you expect KW to say?  Yes, we tried to low ball the Reds, but we couldn't get Randa?  Of course he's going to say he had a great offer.

KW has no reason to lie.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
Maybe in his mind it was, but not in Cinci's. Part of the problem is the White Sox have overvalued their prospects for years. KW needs to put his money where is mouth is. Using one of his lines, why do you give up an additional prospect who probably won't be anything special in the big leagues? "1917"

I can agree with your overvalue part.

Joe Borchard, anyone?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)

Oh sorry. Didn't realize I was talking to a GM, who knows what both teams offered.

Well I do think you everything to win this year. Lookat the teams who win these things, they are stacked with pitching and hitting. Not one or the other. we are in serious trouble, KW has one more day to help this team, if he doesn't forget about the world series. Just my opinion.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 12:53 AM)
KW has no reason to lie.

HA! I would be mad if KW didn't lie in a situation like that. It would look bad for him and the organization if he said that another team offered a better package for a player. KW is a very smooth talker, and he knows what people want to hear.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 06:54 PM)
HA!  I would be mad if KW didn't lie in a situation like that.  It would look bad for him and the organization if he said that another team offered a better package for a player.  KW is a very smooth talker, and he knows what people want to hear.

I disagree. He doesn't give a rats ass what the fans think about his moves. KW does what he thinks is best for the team.