Cleveland vs. Chicago 9-20-05

GoRowand33

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 09:48 AM)
Buehrle is only 7-7 lifetime vs Cleveland with a 4.28. :angry:

Westbrook, versus the Sox, is 4-6 with a 5.83. :D

Against Cleveland THIS YEAR, Mark is 2-0 with an ERA of 2.11 in 3 starts.

Against the Sox this year, Westbrook is 0-3 with a 4.95 ERA.

Buehrle, this is like the 4th time in a row everyone here has told you to step up. Texas, Anaheim, KC. Now tonight. Ace my ass. If the Royals can tag you for runs, I can't wait to see what the Indians mashers do to you. :headshake

Can you wear Contreras' jersey tonight, instead?

JUST.f***ING.WIN.

This team is killing me!

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 01:30 PM)
Westbrook has a chance to something very historic if he loses tonight.  I think he will be the first SP since I believe Orel Hershiser with the Dodgers in 1989 to win 15 games and lose 15 games in the same season.  Westbrook is currently 15-14.

Do you have like a book of useless trivia? I swear in every single post you have some obscure bit of knowledge that no 16 year old should know. You probably hate Damaso Marte more than any other 16 year old too.

that would be great kalapse... i think mark will have a great game. last night was time for garcia to put up or shut up...well he better not talk the rest of the year...and now its the same for mark... my prediction:

Mark 7 2/3 IP, 5 K's 1 BB, 8Hits, 1 ER, leaves to a standing ovation and a hat tip.

Politte 1/3 IP 1K

Jenks 1 IP 3K's Save... steps it up after the hickup last night

Sox win 5-2

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
did this game start yet?

seriously, it needs to soon.

Yeah, I'm anxious too, but I'm in NY and will gladly be watching the Yankees (my #2 team) tonight. Just think, I may actually see some runs scored!

Prove us all wrong and win 2 Sox!

:gosox1:

Sox hitters, when you have men on in scoring position and the game is on the line.

HIT THE f***ING BALL

No more bat slamming, swearing at the bat, or doing the "Oops I shat my pants with the game on the line thing that paulie is doing below"

4889368_36_1.jpg

Pitch like you care,

Hit like you have balls,

and end this f***ing game with a white sox winner.

NO EXCUSES, JUST VICTORY

Edited by southsideirish71

I loved this team since soxfest, when KW was tring to hide the possablity of the sox getting Iguchi, when the fans there knew KW would get him, why would I jump ship now? Were in 1st place with 2 1/2 weeks to go, I would have been thrilled if someone told me that in January. I dont care if we lost a 15 game lead. Last time I checked you only needed to win the division by one game, not 15, one game. So everyone just needs to forget about the past both good, and bad, and just root on this team like we have been doing since day one. Win or lose, I am going to be with this team until the end, and all sox fans should do the same. So having said that lets do this White Sox, the magic number is at 11, lets make it 9 by the end of tonight, forget what happend the last month and 1/2, its a 2 1/2 week season now, and we get a 1 1/2 head start (2 in loss column). LETS f***IN GO!!! :gosox3:

Here is how I want the game to go....

Mark 7 2/3 IP, 5 K's 1 BB, 8Hits, 1 ER, leaves to a standing ovation and a hat tip.

Politte 1/3 IP 1K

Sox win 5-2

Mark, your my favorite player ever, but it is time for you to stop the bull s***, and pitch like you did the first half. You really need to step it f***in up tonight and give us a much needed quality start, f*** that quality start, we need you to be the ace, stopper, whatever work you prefer, and just f***en win..........Its time to put up or shut up Mark LETS GO!!!!!!!

Ozzie needs to get this team pumped for this series, and it looked like he did last night. I like how the game last night went, but the loss was tough. Tonight is the night, just like every other night. We need to keep Cleveland off the board early, and Buehrle is the right man for that job.

LETS GO SOX.

We will win tonights game.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)

Sox win 5-2

Give Boone credit, it was a 99 MPH fastball that not many guys in the league catch up with even they know its coming and he smoked it, I wouldnt say it was a hiccup by jenks but rather a great piece of hitting by Boone!

Edited by WSoxMatt

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
Do you have like a book of useless trivia? I swear in every single post you have some obscure bit of knowledge that no 16 year old should know. You probably hate Damaso Marte more than any other 16 year old too.

what can i say im a baseball savant.

Ok not really. :P

What this means with Westbrook is though that he has had a decesion in every start except one. You just don't see stuff like that these days.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 08:37 PM)
Give Boone credit, it was a 99 MPH fastball that not many guys in the league catch up with even they know its coming and he smoked it, I wouldnt say it was a hiccup by jenks but rather a great piece of hitting by Boone!

Most MLB hitters can drop the barrel on a low fastball, no matter what the speed is. Especially on a pitch with very little movement, that was as big of a meatball as Jenks could have thrown with his fastball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Most MLB hitters can drop the barrel on a low fastball, no matter what the speed is.  Especially on a pitch with very little movement, that was as big of a meatball as Jenks could have thrown with his fastball.

Yet most hitters havent touched it!!!