We owe somebody an apology

White Sox Josh

Thank God Kenny didn't trade Jose. I know we shouldn't look ahead to the playoffs but if the Sox do make it i would line him up at the #2 spot behind Buehrle and ahead of Garland. The reason being is that you would give the opposing team three different looks. You got Buehrle who is a Greg Maddux type pitcher, Contreras will throw the ball by you, and Garland is a sinkerball pitcher who can throw in the low to mid 90's.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
We owe Contreras an apology. We all wanted Kenny to trade his ass a couple months ago and he has stepped up and become the sox best pitcher this season. Sorry Jose.

Speak for yourself.

I've been defending Contreras all season long, and I would much rather see him in the rotation in 2006 than Garland.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
Thank God Kenny didn't trade Jose.  I know we shouldn't look ahead to the playoffs but if the Sox do make it i would line him up at the #2 spot behind Buehrle and ahead of Garland.  The reason being is that you would give the opposing team three different looks.  You got Buehrle who is a Greg Maddux type pitcher, Contreras will throw the ball by you, and Garland is a sinkerball pitcher who can throw in the low to mid 90's.

The way the rotation is currently set up, JC is in line to start game 1.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 01:41 AM)
Speak for yourself.

I've been defending Contreras all season long, and I would much rather see him in the rotation in 2006 than Garland.

i have to however a bunch of people on this board wanted him gone. Please don't tell me you are serious about that last comment though.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
i have to however a bunch of people on this board wanted him gone.  Please don't tell me you are serious about that last comment though.

And they are......

Have a look at the threads, most people backed Contreras (except for the Oakland series where he gave up 8BB's in about 5IP) because he had an amazing .BAA, a good ERA, and he should have won a lot more games if he had better run support.

I can't lie, when the Burnett rumors were flyin around, I was one that didn't care if Jose was sent to Florida or wherever in a deal. He's been outstanding. He's easily been our best pitcher the last two months. Hell, he's been one of the top 3 or 4 pitchers in all of baseball the last month. Way to go, Jose!

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 06:41 AM)
Speak for yourself.

Don't worry about that Garland and Contreras are signed through next season.

I think everyone knows what our starting rotation will look like in 2006:

Buerhle

Contreras

Garland

McCarthy

Garcia

It should go in that order also.

Most people have been on the Contreras bandwagon all season long because he was still pitching pretty well in the first half just had bad luck and bad run support. Its El Duque everyone was complaining about because even when he did win they were ugly wins when he would load the bases 2 times with 0-1 outs and luck out of it.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 25, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
Don't worry about that Garland and Contreras are signed through next season.

I think everyone knows what our starting rotation will look like in 2006:

Buerhle

Contreras

Garland

McCarthy

Garcia

It should go in that order also.

Garland's not signed for next season. He's arbitration eligible for next season like Joe Crede, but he doesn't have a guaranteed contract....... yet.

Want to know why Contreras has turned into our best pitcher? Because he has a strikeout pitch. When he gets two strikes on the batter, he has a very good chance of a K. He's also able to throw his fastball for a strike at any count. Last night, he did a great job of getting two double plays in what could have turned into big innings.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 02:27 PM)
Want to know why Contreras has turned into our best pitcher?  Because he has a strikeout pitch.  When he gets two strikes on the batter, he has a very good chance of a K.  He's also able to throw his fastball for a strike at any count.  Last night, he did a great job of getting two double plays in what could have turned into big innings.

The only problem is over his mlb career he has hung his splitter a lot and this 2nd half of the season especially he hasnt.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
The only problem is over his mlb career he has hung his splitter a lot and this 2nd half of the season especially he hasnt.

He'll still hang his splitter. However, it's a lot harder to put an aggressive swing on it when you're down 0-2 as compared to being up 2-1 in the count. I'm not sure if the radar gun was calibrated wrong last night, but they had him around 97mph for a good portion of the night.