What's your #1 key to a ALDS win?

sircaffey

In order for the White Sox to beat the Red Sox in the ALDS, _______ must happen.

Fill in the blank...

My vote goes to Podsednik getting on base. If Podsednik gets on base, the White Sox win this series.

None of this, the pitching has to dominate or the offense needs to click. 1 single thing. Pick...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep damage to a minimal. Ortiz and Ramirez are going to hit us especially at the Cell. Therefore, keep guys off base and pitch around them when you have the chance.

Also, the key is not for Pods to get on base, but for Pods to stay on base. Sucessful steals and breaking up double plays and actually running hard needs to be done.

OZZIE’S MANAGERIAL SCREWUPS.

Sorry that I wrote that in caps.

There is no doubt in my mind that Guillen will still use 3 different guys in one inning if he feels like doing so. That will just increase the risk of having no one to go to if a game goes to extra innings.

Marte can’t get lefties or righties out. He has small flashes of excellence, but all of a sudden the wheels fall off and then someone like Politte has to come in and mop up his f***-ups. A man like Neal Cotts, whose been awesome against righties and lefties all year, can go out there and give you a quick 1-2-3 inning whether facing right-handers or left-handers.

We've gotta keep Damon under wraps. You can talk about Papi and Ramirez all you want, Damon is their motor. And, I believe game one is crucial. Not for the Red Sox, we know they can come back from anything, but for the White Sox. We haven't won a home playoff game since 59. We need to get that monkey off our back ASAP.