Bandwagon Jumpers

aboz56

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's wrong with bandwagoneers?

You'd all be pissing and crying if attendance didn't improve with the team this season.

In fact, it's exactly what all of you were crying for in the preseason that you wanted the fans to show up.

There's nothing wrong with it.

It could be worse, they could've stayed away and made us look really bad in the national spotlight.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 10:01 AM)
I would just like to say to all of the bandwagon jumpers who are trying to get on this truck that is steamrolling ahead that we don't want you!

Everyone at Soxtalk knows who has been with us through the thick and the thin.

It's just gross how all of these "White Sox" fans are emerging from the woodwork now that we are a force to be reckoned with in the playoffs.

I remember the third game of the season, when we barely had 10,000 people at the game.  I was there.  Where were all of these bums? 

I would just like to give a big hell YEAH to all of my fellow soxtalkers who have been here since the beginning and have been Sox fans for years and a lot of us since birth.  We are the ones who are enjoying this the most.

And to the chat crew, it's been a great season and thank you for letting me become the people's admin.... :P

:cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

Great post.. although I hope I'm not considered a bandwagon fan :o (only registered in September, lurked for months before that)

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 11:40 AM)
Bandwagon fans piss all of us off. During 2003 down here in Champaign, there were tons of Cubs bandwagoners. Now, there are people jumping on our bandwagon. I just don't want to deal with em.

That's why i watch the games in my apartment with SnB (instead of hitting up a bar). I don't want to deal with all the ignorance of complete bandwagon jumpers.

Everyone I've been watching the games with really know their game. The female Sox fans are 100X smarter than the female "Cubs fans" back in 2003.

i am happy for all the jumpers, this will increase the fan based. i kept on saying is "if jr built the team to win, we will increase the fan base, the season ticket fans will increase, thus creating more money to keep the team there, in the forefront in chi"

we are always complaining that we have lack the fan support, well here is the beginning to correct that.

QUOTE(SoxPhan7 @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 03:12 PM)
I have been thinking about this alot too. And the only bandwagoners i want are kids. Maybe 15 and younger. That is the time in their life they are most impressionable and the time they become true life long sox fans. If we get the kids, the ball park will be full for generations to come and we wont have those obnoxious bandwagon jumpers.

It sounds like you are talking cult stuff here man. I am spooked now. :chair :bang

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 01:35 PM)
But think about this for a minute. Us Old Timers as it may be will be looked upon by the newbies as the annointed ones who know it all. They will hang on our every post and think we are darn smart.

but then what happens to us 19 year olds who have still been sox fans our whole lives and been on this board for 2+ years?

I have to disagree with most of the posts saying "screw the bandwagoners"

I would be willing to bed that most hardcore Sox fans are Sox fans because they're dad (or mom or whoever) raised them to be fans.

Personally, my dad is a huge sox fan and took me to games at old comiskey and the new park when it oppened. I was only 7-13 at the time. We also saw the sox at the Metrodome, and at Tiger Stadium. I'm now 22 and I've been hooked for life.

The best part of this "bandwagon" thing is that more fathers and mothers are taking thier sons and daughters to games. The sox will be reaping the benefits of this season tommorow, and especially 20 years from now.

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
I have to disagree with most of the posts saying "screw the bandwagoners"

I would be willing to bed that most hardcore Sox fans are Sox fans because they're dad (or mom or whoever) raised them to be fans.

Personally, my dad is a huge sox fan and took me to games at old comiskey and the new park when it oppened.  I was only 7-13 at the time.  We also saw the sox at the Metrodome, and at Tiger Stadium.  I'm now 22 and I've been hooked for life.

The best part of this "bandwagon" thing is that more fathers and mothers are taking thier sons and daughters to games.  The sox will be reaping the benefits of this season tommorow, and especially 20 years from now.

I see your point. Sometimes, it takes a season like this to breed fans for life.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 8, 2005 -> 01:37 PM)
but then what happens to us 19 year olds who have still been sox fans our whole lives and been on this board for 2+ years?

You need to hang on us older guys every post and consider us annointed ones who know it all.