World Series Tickets go onsale Tues

Allsox

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FlaSoxxJim, I'm contemplating the same thing already man. Trying to find a hotel reasonable enough to afford, considering what I'm gonna be paying for tickets IF I can even get my hands on them.

I'll be GLADLY driving to Chicago from South Carolina if I can find a reasonably priced hotel close enough.

:headbang :cheers

QUOTE(Rally Crede!! @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 11:27 PM)
I'll be GLADLY driving to Chicago from South Carolina if I can find a reasonably priced hotel close enough.

:headbang  :cheers

If you're driving, then you already have somewhere to sleep.

The hubcaps may be gone when you wake up, but. . . :D

Seriously, go out to the near south suburbs and you'll be able to sleep pretty cheap. Oak Lawn, 10 miles southwest of the Cell, has a bunch of roach motels that would be fine just to crash in. Plus the roaches are all SOX FANS, so it's all good.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
I will be there. Flight is booked and I just hope to hell I can find a ticket.

You and me both, Bro.

For me, though, worst case scenario is I get skunked on tix and just watch the games with friends and family at the corner bar.

I wouldn't miss getting in on the city vibe right now for the world. :headbang

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:34 AM)
I already booked my train to come back home for the weekend.  I NEED tickets some how some way, I'm not going to lie, I might kill for tickets if necessary. ;)

If you guys were me, would you come this weekend or next?

I'm going to try like hell for tickets, but wouldn't mind just soaking up the neighborhood vibe and seeing family and friends (I'm from S Side, but am in NY now)

I'm thinking of gambling and going for game 6-7 weekend...thoughts??

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 11:32 PM)
You and me both, Bro.

For me, though, worst case scenario is I get skunked on tix and just watch the games with friends and family at the corner bar.

I wouldn't miss getting in on the city vibe right now for the world.  :headbang

Seriously, Jim,

If you're coming to town and miss out on tickets, PLEASE let me know what bar you'll be at. I'd really like to meet you and knock back a couple cold ones watching a World Series game!!! It would have to be Sunday, though - I actually have a previous engagement that I can't avoid on Saturday - WOULDN'T YOU f***ING KNOW IT???????

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:27 AM)
Birth of a child? Death in the family? I can't think of much else.

Going out with the Mrs.

Somewhere she really wants to go, reservations made long ago, paid for and unrefundable.

My happy home is important to me :D , and since it's Game One nothing will be decided anyway, so I'm okay with avoiding updates and watching a tape of the game when we get home.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
Going out with the Mrs.

Somewhere she really wants to go, reservations made long ago, paid for and unrefundable.

My happy home is important to me  :D , and since it's Game One nothing will be decided anyway, so I'm okay with avoiding updates and watching a tape of the game when we get home.

I'm ashamed to share a message board with you. :P

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 17, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
Going out with the Mrs.

My happy home is important to me  :D , and since it's Game One nothing will be decided anyway, so I'm okay with avoiding updates and watching a tape of the game when we get home.

Whipped! :)