Say Frank is healthy

Greg Hibbard

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 04:39 PM)
Frank is Healthy

ok, I said it.  Now what?

Lets take a look at Frank healthy and then playing 1st.

That lasts exactly 15 seconds in the first game, until ball is hit to his right or left forcing him to move or god forbid "dive" for the ball. The next day is Frank Thomas has been added to the 15 day DL with discomfort in his foot.

I was under the impression that the entire reason the ankle was re-injured was because he rushed back, and with the proper healing this time around, it would be fine eventually. He says he has no pain.

That's why I said "say Frank is healthy". I mean in a Tedy Bruschi "good as never having the stroke" kind of way. Older, sure, maybe a little more prone to injury, but as fit as ever and in great shape....

I wouldn't be against having that option...for that price...

Edited by Greg Hibbard

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 04:45 PM)
I think KW handing over the World Championship trophy to Frank at the rally was as sentimental as the White Sox are going to get with him. I think that was KW paying homage to him for his service. I doubt he is back with the Sox, if he is even able to come back at all.

Ding, ding, ding, ding....

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 02:45 PM)
I was under the impression that the entire reason the ankle was re-injured was because he rushed back, and with the proper healing this time around, it would be fine eventually. He says he has no pain.

That's why I said "say Frank is healthy". I mean in a Tedy Bruschi "good as never having the stroke" kind of way. Older, sure, maybe a little more prone to injury, but as fit as ever and in great shape....

I wouldn't be against having that option...for that price...

Frank had no pain in his foot when he started playing the field in 2004 during interleague games.

Then Juan Pierre hit a ground ball to him.

He's played in like 20 games since then.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
okay, maybe I should take off the rose colored glasses and put down the pipe

but, damn, it's nice to romanticize this sort of thing

I'll be ecstatic, and surprised, if FT can come back healthy at all. Seems other people feel the same.

Hoping he'll be able to play 1B in 2006 is like... someone this time last year expecting the Sox to win the World Series.

:pray

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Nov 3, 2005 -> 04:36 PM)
Any chance he could play first base if Paulie goes? Or is that something the White Sox would never look at doing again?

Judging by the action on that First Pitch Frank threw out....I'd say nyet.

Frank will be health.....Frank will be back......Frank will Be a DH.......Frank will end his career in Chicago......Frank does not want to play 1st base.......He said he is done playing defense......Paulie Will be back.....Paulie will play 1st base for the Chicago White Sox in 2006....Mark my Word.....

Jiyea!!!! :snr

QUOTE(SoxRock05 @ Nov 4, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
Frank will be health.....Frank will be back......Frank will Be a DH.......Frank will end his career in Chicago......Frank does not want to play 1st base.......He said he is done playing defense......Paulie Will be back.....Paulie will play 1st base for the Chicago White Sox in 2006....Mark my Word.....

Jiyea!!!! :snr

:banghead :banghead :banghead

QUOTE(bighurt2719 @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
what is it about frank thomas that you dont like? you dont want the big hiurt back? (please dont respond to this with crunched numbers)

There is more to life then just wanting a guy back.

Look at Jeff Bagwell and the Astros. Sentimental value says Astros fans would want him back so they can see him win a ring. But at a value of $17M, is he worth it with a bum shoulder? Hell no.

Since the Sox bought out his contract, cant they resign him with a ton of incentive clauses. Like he has to play a certain amount of games? I dont see why not. And if that is the case, I cant imagine the Sox saying "HE GAWN!" to the Big Hurt. I love Frank, it would kill me to see him in another uni.