Biggest dump in the majors

timotime

The biggest dump in the bigs is...  

143 members have voted

1. 1. The biggest dump in the bigs is...

• Twinkie Dome
    • Tiger Stadium
    • US Cellular (shame on you if you vite this one)
    • Tropicana Field
    • Shea Stadium
    • Yankee Stadium

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 02:47 PM)
The Roller dome.

Horrible place to try and watch a game. Just crappy. Plus it has the swastika.

I still don't believe the swastika was intentional. On September 10th I looked at it and you have to actually look for it to notice it. Not that that's the reason that it wasn't intentional. I just have a hard time believing it.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
As a side note, my father, who is way more knowledgable about stadiums than I am, has said that his trip to Pacbell was the best stadium he's every experienced.

I'm curious to here if anyone else has been there, and what they have to say about it.

Phenomenal. Right in worst spammer ever, walk into the stadium, sit down and there is the water right there. Everything about this park is so dead on.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 17, 2005 -> 08:55 PM)
Of course...do we do thinks any less.  Soxtalk.com, 1st attack an ump..than post.

from Thursday's New York Post which is never wrong with facts :P

Vallone, who chairs the council Public Safety Committee, said the crackdown is a follow-up to a recently approved law that boosted penalties against wacky fans who run on the field. A fan had blindsided the Chicago White Sox's first-base coach last year.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11172005/news/...lnews/31437.htm

QUOTE(timotime @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 01:12 PM)
oops, thats what i meant. i put comerica on there cause i heard it can be crappy.

nah, i live in michigan and comerica's pretty nice. no real downside as far as i can see, except the whole Tigers thing...and my car got broken into last time i went down there. but if you can't see outside the stadium, it's cool.

p.s. what's with this praise for wrigley and abhorration for commiskey (yeah i still call it that) and soldier field? it's ridiculous! since when are sports analysts architecture critics? they can hardly spell their own names, mostly...

QUOTE(ScottyDo @ Nov 19, 2005 -> 04:18 AM)
nah, i live in michigan and comerica's pretty nice.  no real downside as far as i can see, except the whole Tigers thing...and my car got broken into last time i went down there.  but if you can't see outside the stadium, it's cool.

p.s. what's with this praise for wrigley and abhorration for commiskey (yeah i still call it that) and soldier field?  it's ridiculous!  since when are sports analysts architecture critics?  they can hardly spell their own names, mostly...

:rolly :)

Haven't been to any of those except USCF, which I think is a beautiful park and a great place to see a baseball game.

Of the parks I've been to, I'd say Busch Stadium WAS ( thank God for that wrecking ball ) the biggest dump. Bland, dismal s***hole - the Cardinal fans are finally getting the ballpark they deserve.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
......Wrigley is the definition of hellhole.

The windows dirty the mattress stinks

This ain't no place to be a man

Ain't got no future, ain't got no past

And I don't think I ever can

The floor is filthy the walls are thin

The wind is howling in my face

The rats are peeling, I'm losing ground

Can't seem to join the human race.

--- Hell Hole, Spinal Tap

:snr

i go to the dome a couple times each year for sox games. i don't think it is quite as bad as everyone says it is. i'm not saying it is great or anything, and i think they do need a new stadium, but not as terrible as everyone makes it out to be. the concourse isn't very wide and most of the seats don't face home plate. the new turf makes it look a lot better. i was at uscf in 02 and then didn't make it back until this year. i really enjoyed the stadium. i thought it was great place to see a game. i think it has really gotten better the last few years. like everyone else i'd like to go to sbc. i thought pnc was also very nice. i've never been to any of the other stadiums on the list, but the worst i've been to is wrigley. although people i've talked to said yankee stadium is pretty bad.

Edited by fullcollapse

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 16, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
Why yes.. it does. Along with nasty food, warm beer, and absolutely frightening bathrooms.

Don't forget netting to catch any chunks of it that might fall on your head.

Shea Stadium is a bit of a hole, but its got a lot of history and its own charms. The only thing that really bothers me about that stadium is that you can't walk all the way around it. There's no outfield concourse or common area.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Nov 20, 2005 -> 10:53 AM)
Don't forget netting to catch any chunks of it that might fall on your head.

Shea Stadium is a bit of a hole, but its got a lot of history and its own charms. The only thing that really bothers me about that stadium is that you can't walk all the way around it. There's no outfield concourse or common area.

The biggest dump is Wrigley Field...garbage everywhere, small seats, obstructed views, restrooms that smell worse than the basement of a parking garage, everyone on their cell phone.....

QUOTE(jimlandis @ Nov 21, 2005 -> 10:00 AM)
The biggest dump is Wrigley Field...garbage everywhere, small seats, obstructed views, restrooms that smell worse than the basement of a parking garage, everyone on their cell phone.....

I would take this out of the equation, since it seems now that everyone, everywhere is on their goddamned cellphones every waking moment of every single day. I have seen COUNTLESS examples of people on their cellphones at USCF, as well as anywhere else you'd care to mention.

Just check the scout seats at USCF any game of the year - there's always a fresh new batch of f***tards waving at their thick-foreheaded sister/wives watching at home.

YEAH, Cleatus, we can see you ALL THE WAY at OUR HOUSE!!! It's called TELEVISION, it's been around a while..... :chair

Cellphones are a wonderful idea gone horribly, irreversibly bad.

....I do agree with your assessment of The Shrine otherwise, though.... :D

I would take this out of the equation, since it seems now that everyone, everywhere is on their goddamned cellphones every waking moment of every single day. I have seen COUNTLESS examples of people on their cellphones at USCF, as well as anywhere else you'd care to mention.

Just check the scout seats at USCF any game of the year - there's always a fresh new batch of f***tards waving at their thick-foreheaded sister/wives watching at home.

YEAH, Cleatus, we can see you ALL THE WAY at OUR HOUSE!!! It's called TELEVISION, it's been around a while..... :chair

Cellphones are a wonderful idea gone horribly, irreversibly bad.

....I do agree with your assessment of The Shrine otherwise, though.... :D

no, he's right. every time ive been at wrigley i have wanted to strangle a flubs fan around me who is on the phone the whole time. besides the bathrooms, thats one of the things i hate the most about wrigley.