2006 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions on Howard being the first player to possibly break Maris' home run record without the use of steriods? Also, before todays game, Howard had more home runs away from the small park in Philly and besides Citizen's Bank the AL East stadiums are a b**** to hit home runs in.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)
Does anyone have any thoughts/opinions on Howard being the first player to possibly break Maris' home run record without the use of steriods? Also, before todays game, Howard had more home runs away from the small park in Philly and besides Citizen's Bank the AL East stadiums are a b**** to hit home runs in.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 01:33 PM)
Ryan Howard just hit ANOTHER homerun he now has 2 on the day as well as 3 RBIs. He now has 51 HRs and 132 RBIs and it's only September 3rd, if he gets REAL hot he could become the first non-steroid user to ever hit 62 HRs in a single season. He is a monster.

Ryan Howard's HRs often go 430+ feet so I doubt many people would play the "Citizen's Bank" card when talking about Howards accomplishments. He's just an amazing specimen, the best pure power hitter in the game and is a damn good all-around hitter at the same time. The most amazing thing about him is the amount of home runs he hits the other way for a hitter of his magnitude that's just insane.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 02:10 PM)

It would sure be freaking sweet to see someone actually hit 60 without being dogged by accusation and inflation.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)
It would sure be freaking sweet to see someone actually hit 60 without being dogged by accusation and inflation.

as much as that would be good...i'm sure someone will have some allegation and whatever...it wont be major but just plain stupid.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 04:34 PM)

You lose

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Sep 3, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
as much as that would be good...i'm sure someone will have some allegation and whatever...it wont be major but just plain stupid.

winnar

Dan Wetzel is FUNNY

Dunno if this has been mentioned before. Just in case...

MLB's online video feed has its own commercials, including, in one, a word scramble; name the pitcher who...has been in the postseason twice...is now in the AL West...some hint besides I think...

Why, could that be Estaban Loaiza?

The WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME is getting the letters right.

If the playoffs started today, and the following teams -- NYY, DET, MIN, OAK, STL, NYM, SD, LA -- made the postseason, who would you root for.

In order of who I'd want to win the most to least:

1.) Oakland

2.) St Louis

3.) San Diego

4.) Dodgers

5.) New York Mets

poke eyes out with thumbs

I can't even rank the last three. I don't want to. The least the baseball gods could do for me would be to put Oakland and anyone but the Mets in the World Series. The Sox aren't making the playoffs, fine, but don't subject me to a Yankee/Met WS. Oakland/San Diego. Make it happen.

1. Oakland

2. LA

3. San Diego

4. Minnesota

5. St. Louis

6. Detroit

7. New York, NL

8. New York, AL

FAWK THE YANKS

Oakland is obvious in my mind. Go Frank

I have always loved what Minnesota has done, and there's something about Detroit that I just do not like(and it's not the fans..........OR issssssss it? :P nah just messin guys). I love the Dodgers, like the Padres, and give me anything but New York-New York. Hell, I would party if neither New York team made it.

If it's a New York-New York World Series, the TV is off.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)
If the playoffs started today, and the following teams -- NYY, DET, MIN, OAK, STL, NYM, SD, LA -- made the postseason, who would you root for.

As long as the second round ended up as Dodgers vs. Mets, and A's vs. Yankees, I'd be all set. I could rationalize any scenario. I wouldn't be rooting for any particular team though.

I have my reasons for my rankings...

-There's a contingent of Twins fans that piss me off. Some of them are too arrogant, and need to be knocked down a peg.

-Yankees? Nuff said why I don't want them to win.

-Detroit? I hate Detroit, period. Don't like any of their teams. My Red Wing hate really carries over to all four sports.

Those three I really, REALLY don't want to win, with the Mets coming real close to being in this group.

And, BTW, I realize that all of these could probably be applied to White Sox fans from another fan's point of view. So be it.