Jon Garland

Steve9347

Garland is looking more like the Judy than the Jon variaty. He barely survived the 5th inning giving up 7 runs through five. This is the second game in a row that we have supplied him with a HUGE lead to begin the game and he has made it close.

He is afraid to go inside, and just throwing a slopping 88 MPH fastball over the heart of the plate everytime he is behind the count. His sinker is not working for him, and he has just been awful.

I sure hope he turns it around, but we've all seen this Jon before (2001-2004). Hopefully, this is the aberration and not his 2005 season.

Edited by Steve9347

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is definitely not the same. Last year he was very Buehrle-like, working fast and throwing strikes. This year he doesn't seem to have any rhythm. He's getting behind and it's killing him. Hopefully it's just some minor hitch that Cooper can spot and easily fix.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)
^^^^^

We need some kind of an area to do something like Mac, Jurko, and Harry's Critic's at Extra Large where we can judge posters, the sameway that they judge the job the media does...

LOL, we can judge them with smiley faces.

This post gets a :nono

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 02:08 PM)
^^^^^

We need some kind of an area to do something like Mac, Jurko, and Harry's Critic's at Extra Large where we can judge posters, the sameway that they judge the job the media does...

OK Nostradomous, Garland is fine. If his ERA is under 4.00 this year, I will be surprised.

Garland is the 5th starter.

No team in the majors has an ace 1-5, the White Sox are pretty damn close.

Every person in the majors is human and every one is going to go through a slump at some time.

You would think last season winning the World Series would breed some f***ing loyalty in Sox fans.

f***ing sickening.

You go with the horses that got you there, you dont just f***ing take them in the back and shoot them because they had a bad day.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 01:13 PM)
OK Nostradomous, Garland is fine.  If his ERA is under 4.00 this year, I will be surprised.

That's nice. It's been two starts, if it were up to some people last year more then half of the team would have been traded because of a few bad days. I wonder what Bmac would have been traded for last year if it were up to a lot of posters here. Neifi Perez maybe?

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 01:01 PM)
Garland's lack of K's suggest that he's not nearly as good of a pitcher as his ERA and WHIP suggested last season. Simply put, a lot of balls get put into play when he pitches.

What's the difference between 5.3 K/9 and 4.9 K/9, aside from 0.4?

One of course is the face of the franchise, and one is being shipped out by White Sox fans already.

I'm just glad KW jumped to conclusions like this last year when he replaced Jermaine Dye after a bad April and he replaced Joe Crede after a bad May.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 02:13 PM)
OK Nostradomous, Garland is fine.  If his ERA is under 4.00 this year, I will be surprised.

This quote is funny in its oxymoronish-ness (Yes, I made up that word.).

You are predicting that he will not having an ERA under 4.00, yet you are mocking us by calling us "Nostradamus" because we are telling you to chillax™ (I love that word!) and step back and realize it is the second start of the season for Garland. LOL

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(chitownsportsfan @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
Ok, so if Garland is pitching like crap through July, how exactly is a trade going to work?  Garland for a bag of balls and a fungo bat?  We better hope JR is feeling generous, because paying some of his salary seems like the only way.

LMAO

The Sky is falling! What should we do!!!!???!!!

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Apr 13, 2006 -> 02:23 PM)
This quote is funny in its oxymoronish-ness (Yes, I made up that word.). 

You are predicting that he will not having an ERA under 4.00, yet you are mocking us by calling us "Nostradamus" because we are telling you to chillax™ (I love that word!) and step back and realize it is the second start of the season for Garland.  LOL

You pimp.. :headbang