2006 White Sox Catch-All Thread

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 04:42 AM)
I was readin the game thread and didn't see any mention of this...no one else saw Joe Torre fall flat on his face when he was going up the stairs to argue that DP call did they?

So thats what the YES network was talking about. They made some mention to him slipping, but I didn't think he actually slipped. It was all very confusing :P

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
BBTN just said that Joe Crede was the best 3B in the AL, and that it wasn't even a debate between him and A-Rod.

True, but the new guy still said he would take A-Rod if he were building a team. I don't know about that, Crede is younger, and better defensively.

But I think its good, because any press coverage will give Crede a better chance of the GG.

Tomorrow, BBTN is focusing on the best web gems in Chicago White Sox history.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 06:50 PM)
True, but the new guy still said he would take A-Rod if he were building a team. I don't know about that, Crede is younger, and better defensively.

But I think its good, because any press coverage will give Crede a better chance of the GG.

Tomorrow, BBTN is focusing on the best web gems in Chicago White Sox history.

Joe Crede is only 3 years younger than Alex Rodriguez and doens't have anywhere near the track record that A-Rod has. Alex Rodriguez is the best 3B in baseball and probably still the best player in baseball despite the down season. A-Rod >> Crede, I'd say there's much more of a debate between choosing A-Rod or David Wright (23)/Miggy Cabrera(23) than the 28 year old Crede. Alex Rodriguez is likely still a .300, 45/50 and 120/130 guy even if he doesn't reach those numbers this year.

It's just another case of ESPN hating on A-Rod any chance they get.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)
Joe Crede is only 3 years younger than Alex Rodriguez and doens't have anywhere near the track record that A-Rod has. Alex Rodriguez is the best 3B in baseball and probably still the best player in baseball despite the down season. A-Rod >> Crede, I'd say there's much more of a debate between choosing A-Rod or David Wright (23)/Miggy Cabrera(23) than the 28 year old Crede. Alex Rodriguez is likely still a .300, 45/50 and 120/130 guy even if he doesn't reach those numbers this year.

While I agree that A-Rod is better than Crede, that hasn't been the case this year, which is what BBTN is basing it off of.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)
While I agree that A-Rod is better than Crede, that hasn't been the case this year, which is what BBTN is basing it off of.

I was just going to say that. It's hard to not take Crede over A-Rod this year, all things considered. However, I did laugh last year when Hawk said he'd take Crede over A-Rod, etc., when he went on that rant how we were better at every position than the Yankees.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)

They said there's no debating between the 2, which is horses***.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:06 PM)
They said there's no debating between the 2, which is horses***.

And if you look at the numbers this year, there is no debating. Crede has been clearly better.

While I still think that A-Rod is the better player, he hasn't played up to his usual level this year, and Crede is clearly better.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
And if you look at the numbers this year, there is no debating. Crede has been clearly better.

While I still think that A-Rod is the better player, he hasn't played up to his usual level this year, and Crede is clearly better.

407 AB | 115 H | 17 2B | 23 HR | 80 RBI | 78 R | 100K:63BB (1.58) | 11 SB | .283/.386/.499/.885

382 AB | 116 H | 24 2B | 24 HR | 75 RBI | 61 R | 41K:16BB (2.56) | 0 SB | .304/.336/.555/.891

Ok, maybe I'm missing something here but it seems to be a lot closer than it's being made out to be.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
407 AB | 115 H | 17 2B | 23 HR | 80 RBI | 78 R | 100K:63BB (1.58) | 11 SB | .283/.386/.499/.885

382 AB | 116 H | 24 2B | 24 HR | 75 RBI | 61 R | 41K:16BB (2.56) | 0 SB | .304/.336/.555/.891

Ok, maybe I'm missing something here but it seems to be a lot closer than it's being made out to be.

Offensively, the numbers are close (Crede still comes out on top slightly thanks to a much higher slugging percentage), but when you factor in defense, it's not close.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
Offensively, the numbers are close (Crede still comes out on top slightly thanks to a much higher slugging percentage), but when you factor in defense, it's not close.

Then this statement is false.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:05 PM)
Then this statement is false.

How so? There are defensive numbers too, such as defensive win shares (where Crede had 4.6 and A-Rod has 2.2) or fielding runs above replacement (where Crede is at 23 and A-Rod is at 0).

Everyone talks about the Tigers season. The Twins season to me is even more impressive for ALOT of reasons. Our sox are offically in 3rd place in the Central and the Twins are officially among the top in the WC. Damn shame Liriano is hurt, cause that could have just cost them a playoff spot even if it's 2-3 starts.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 10:32 PM)
If ... Jim Thome has raked a mammoth home run in the ninth, instead of grounding out, how happy

would we be right now?

Would it have been monumental celebration on this board?

We would have declared a turnaround. Instead . . . .

QUOTE(pcullotta @ Aug 10, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
Our 7,8,9, and 1 hitters (AJ, Cintron, BA, Ozuna, and Pods as PH) went a combined 0 for 16 yesterday with no walks and 11 left on base. Ouch.

Is that a surprise? Going into the game, we really had to rely on PK, Dye, and Crede to produce enough for the offense to win. Iguchi had 4 great ABs yesterday, so that's promising.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 9, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)

:notworthy