Big Frank

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please post the 93 numbers, an 1.122 OPS is pretty good in my book.

He had 9 offical at-bats in 2000 there was a whole team's worth of failure there.

There were far more reasons we lost both years than Frank Thomas.

I am glad he is doing well on the big stage and hope KW and the White Sox wish him well.

If Frank Thomas keeps this up all postseason, he goes into the Hall

as a member of the A's.

So sad he's still not a White Sox.

I love Thome, but Frank is in the postseason; Jimmy is not.

KW's biggest blunder ever.

If Frank Thomas keeps this up all postseason, he goes into the Hall

as a member of the A's.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)

Thome .288 .416 1.014 OPS 42 hr 109 RBI 108 runs

Thomas .270 .381 .926 OPS 39 hr 114 RBI 77 runs

Explain how that was his biggest blunder ever.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 03:22 PM)
If he had a series like that in either 2000 or 1993, he wouldn't be an ex-White Sox now.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/t/thomafr04.shtml

His postseason stats are about halfway down the page.

I'm not sure what else you were expecting of him 1993. He seemed to fare extremely well, especially for being walked 10 times in six games. And I don't know about you, but I can't recall anyone on the Sox showing up in 2000.

Ahh, I see the "Frank never did anything for us in the postseason" crew has already arrived. Hah, some of you guys really crack me up.

f***ing FRANK THOMAS!!!! What a game!!!! :headbang

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
http://www.baseball-reference.com/t/thomafr04.shtml

His postseason stats are about halfway down the page.

I'm not sure what else you were expecting of him 1993. He seemed to fare extremely well, especially for being walked 10 times in six games. And I don't know about you, but I can't recall anyone on the Sox showing up in 2000.

Greasy, make sure you don't mention that Godchild Paul Konerko went 0-for-9 with 1 BB in the 2000 playoffs. Because, if you DARE say a bad word about Pauly Konerko, you're fishin' for some trouble.

Don't bring up "O-E-O, MAGGLIO", either, who hit just .182 in the 2000 playoffs.

It was all big jerk Frank's fault we lost in 2000, and don't you forget that!!!!

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
Ahh, I see the "Frank never did anything for us in the postseason" crew has already arrived. Hah, some of you guys really crack me up.

Greasy, make sure you don't mention that Godchild Paul Konerko went 0-for-9 with 1 BB in the 2000 playoffs. Because, if you DARE say a bad word about Pauly Konerko, you're fishin' for some trouble.

Don't bring up "O-E-O, MAGGLIO", either, who hit just .182 in the 2000 playoffs.

It was all big jerk Frank's fault we lost in 2000, and don't you forget that!!!!

Word.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)

I Dont recall anyone saying that Frank was the only one who didnt show up. If thats in here please copy it. The whole damn offense didnt show up, but that includes Frank.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
I Dont recall anyone saying that Frank was the only one who didnt show up. If thats in here please copy it. The whole damn offense didnt show up, but that includes Frank.

Then why was it even brought up in the first place? It comes off as snarky, whiney, and really wasn't needed (and I type this realizing you didn't make the initial post, but responded to it) in this thread period.

Edited by CWSGuy406

Compare Frank and Jim's salary, then post those stats again.

If the Sox keep Frank, they could have traded Gio, Rowand, etc for perhaps a piece that we needed, maybe say bullpen or a LF?

Frank would have cost us 0 talent, and a fraction of Thome's salary.

Jim was awesome, but he would have had to be exponentially better than Frank for the trade to be worth it. The Sox took a risk that Thome would be healthy and Frank would not be. Frank turned out to be healthy, but that was a risk the Sox were not going to take.

Rock on Big Frank.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)

The entire 2000 team did their best to see who hit the highest popup. Frank Thomas was not the reason we didnt do well in 2000's playoffs. It was due to our inability to hit as a team, not becaues of one player.

This Frank Thomas love/hate thing is kind of funny. You have two distinct factions on here.

My view is simple, I liked Frank Thomas as a player. He was a high OBP, line drive hitting guy. I wish all of our hitters took his approach at the plate. I loved Hrniak when he was here. But unlike some on here, when he played the whitesox I hoped he went 0-12 in the series with 12 strikeouts. Once he left our presence rip the rest of the league apart for all I care.

As I said before in the general thread, thank God that the phillies didnt make the playoffs or this place would of been destroyed with the Rowandites.

The twinks are going to have a hell of a time winning that series now after their god lost today.

I wonder if we can get KW to look at Pappa Jack for roving hitting instructor. The redsox let him go. Maybe he can help some of our hitters get a better handle on how to get on base more.

Oh well.

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Oct 3, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
Compare Frank and Jim's salary, then post those stats again.

If the Sox keep Frank, they could have traded Gio, Rowand, etc for perhaps a piece that we needed, maybe say bullpen or a LF?

Frank would have cost us 0 talent, and a fraction of Thome's salary.

Jim was awesome, but he would have had to be exponentially better than Frank for the trade to be worth it. The Sox took a risk that Thome would be healthy and Frank would not be. Frank turned out to be healthy, but that was a risk the Sox were not going to take.

Rock on Big Frank.

If you would have told me Frank would have been relatively healthy for the entire season, I would have probably laughed in your face.

He wasn't let go because he was unproductive, he was let go because he was almost guaranteed to get hurt, like he had the 2 seasons before that.

Hindsight is 20/20, and the White Sox blew it. That's always going to happen.

and fwiw, Thomas doesn't hit left-handed. That was pretty much the biggest reason Thome was brought in.