Ozzie has some words for Mariotti

Kyyle23

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(henry wiggins @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
Oh lordy -- I've seen the flak you draw, and you're right up there with Ozzie! I might prefer something less contentious. No offense! :D

:lolhitting

QUOTE(henry wiggins @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:06 PM)
Oh lordy -- I've seen the flak you draw, and you're right up there with Ozzie! I might prefer something less contentious. No offense! :D

heh heh, dont worry, your a girl the vultures will leave you alone, they know where you came from heh heh

Nothing will happen to Guillen as far as suspensions. Perhaps he'll apologize, but it won't be sincere regardless of how convincing his words are. In the future he'll probably offend someone else, and predictably, we'll have the SAME discussion about his attitude. Call it "silly logic," but I've accepted Guillen for who he is and won't raise one eyebrow to future comments. As I've alluded to earlier, what upsets me most about this incident is how it diverts attention from the actuall ballclub.

It's wrong to publically display such disparaging remarks towards anyone. I just don't care. Guillen's manages our ballclub, not a public relations firm. And to certain people, I suppose this implies I'm approving of his homophobic words. However, regardless of nationality, sexual orientation, or religious affiliation, I've learned to accept a simple fact -- ignorant people often say ignorant things. Should I shake my fists? Should I attempt to convince you people I honestly give a s***?

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 07:40 AM)
This story is going to absolutely torch this message board. I expect to wake up later this afternoon to a thread exceeding 100 posts; perhaps with a side thread in the Filibuster.

I know Soxtalk all too well. :bringit

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:11 PM)
Flash.. where were those..? :huh

s***, I misread several posts as a direct quotes of Guillen. I feel Hangar'd-- that is, making a statement void of facts. :lol: :D

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 04:19 PM)
s***, I misread several posts as a direct quotes of Guillen. I feel Hangar'd-- that is, making a statement void of facts. :lol: :D

LMAO.. :lolhitting

:notworthy

THE HELL WITH JAY MARIOTTI.

I totally agree with everything Ozzie said about that f***ing cock sucker. He basically gave voice to everything that any of you Sox fans thought of that sniveling son of a b****. Props to Ozzie Montana for having the balls to make his opinions known.

Word also has it that MLB is looking into the incident. If they take action against Ozzie without doing anything about cheaters like Barriod and Jason Giambi it would be a complete travesty and would end what little credibility they have.

Mariotti is a jerk who lashes out at the Sox any chance he gets. He's a horrible columnist and a reprehensible human being.

That being said, what Ozzie said was offensive, out of line and immature. He's an adult for god's sake and he acts like he's a 12 year old on the playground. He is the leading representative of the White Sox and he should take that responsibility seriously. Instead he acts like a boy trying to flex his machismo. Ozzie, please grow the f*** up and learn when to shut your mouth.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 08:12 AM)
Just because people do something doesn't make it right. People held slaves 200 years ago, it was a common practice, that doesn't mean it was right. When you are talking about degrading a class of people, for no other reason than because of who they are, its wrong.

silly name calling and forced slave labor are completely different situations

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)
Ozzie has control of his clubhouse. I don't care what he says. I'm insensitive, so sue me.

^^^

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 09:40 AM) *

Ozzie has control of his clubhouse. I don't care what he says. I'm insensitive, so sue me.

Thats the trouble with a lot of people. They piss and whine about every little thing they percieve as offensive. People these days have no f***ing balls whatsoever. If I went home to my dad all upset that some asshole at school called me names he'd crack me across the mouth and tell me to stop sniveling.

Anyone who gets upset when someone calls them a name is a f***ing pussy in my book. PERIOD.

While Im on the subject...........I think you can add Greg Couch to the list of cock suckers at the Sun Times who fit Ozzie's description of Moronatti.

Edited by NUKE_CLEVELAND

Its not about being offended, its about professional's having a certain level of class.

I am no better than anyone else and have used the word, phrase, and other similar insults more frequently then I would like. But I would not use them when I was at work.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
THE HELL WITH JAY MARIOTTI.

Word also has it that MLB is looking into the incident. If they take action against Ozzie without doing anything about cheaters like Barriod and Jason Giambi it would be a complete travesty and would end what little credibility they have.

Not to mention Selig will not lift a life time ban on a dead guy.

Jay Mariotti - Attention Whore.

Ozzie Guillen - out of line. Should be fined by the team, and suspended by Major League Baseball. I don't think he meant to offend gay people in any way. But at the same time, if he isn't taught a lesson - he will John Rocker himself.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)

Ozzie Guillen - out of line. Should be fined by the team, and suspended by Major League Baseball. I don't think he meant to offend gay people in any way. But at the same time, if he isn't taught a lesson - he will John Rocker himself.

Bulls***.

Moronatti has been baiting the Sox for years now and he finally got what was coming to him. To hell with that f***ing vagina.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)

Why punish the team for something he said about Mariotti? This has nothing to do with baseball. Teams or leagues don't even suspend players for getting a DUI.

So how can you suspend Ozzie for a comment, regardless of how insensitive and ignorant it is?

If he is suspended, that will be one of the absolute worst decisions MLB has ever handed down.

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jun 21, 2006 -> 06:05 PM)

If he's suspended it shouldn't be more than two games.

With MLB's knack for f***ing up every indicent imaginable, I imagine they'll do whatever they can to punish Guillen here.