AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#

NUKE_CLEVELAND

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
You hear DJ? About a half second before Jim hit his HR DJ was saying "Thome is ready for launch"

Thats almost as classic as when Podsednik hit that homer off Lidge in the WS and a second before that the announcer said that Lidge "Just got the taste of Pujols out of his mouth"

:D

LOL. Indeed.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
"I don't think that taste is there."

- Tim McCarver

"Lidge has a new taste" - Buck

"That taste might be there now" - McCarver

I can't count the amoutn of times that I've watched that sequence.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 09:14 PM)
I was at the first game of this series, and there was this annoying old man with a whitesox hat screaming strikeout king everytime Thome got up. I asked him, are you for real. How does anyone that is a fan of this team, hate Thome. I thought of that moment tonight when Thome won the game with one swing.

Best game of the year for Garcia. He got the memo, the Cards are good. Pujols in the lineup probably helped Garcia focus.

What can you say about Jenks. He is now hitting 100, with his sick curve.

And Dye had the catch of the game.

Sweepage.

:sweep: :sweep: :sweep:

Dude, I'm right there with ya. I'm biased and it's no secret that I love Thome, but I'm not sure why Sox fans are not absolutely nuts about him. He gets a half ass ovation when he comes to the plate and a lot of criticism.

i remembered some people were a little worried that big bad bobby had lost some velocity in ST this year. obviously that is not the case. this boy can pitch

©¿©¬

and another thing. if jim focking thome strikes out with a man on 3rd and less than 2 outs in a close game, dont get pissed at him. remember this game and the other games he has helped us out so much in.

CHEERS JIM! :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)
Dude, I'm right there with ya. I'm biased and it's no secret that I love Thome, but I'm not sure why Sox fans are not absolutely nuts about him. He gets a half ass ovation when he comes to the plate and a lot of criticism.

What criticism does Thome get? I haven't, ah, heard any, except for one crackpot calling him the Strikeout King.

I don't like his ovation at the Park, however. Not enthusiastic enough, IMO.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:20 PM)

It's hard for the common fan to appreciate a guy who strikes out a lot and doesn't play the field, which is why Thome will never get the love he should. But anybody that hits in the .280's with 50/135 type numbers and walks a ton (over .400 OBP) is a legend in my book, I just wish everybody else saw it that way.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:15 AM)
It's hard for the common fan to appreciate a guy who strikes out a lot and doesn't play the field, which is why Thome will never get the love he should. But anybody that hits in the .280's with 50/135 type numbers and walks a ton (over .400 OBP) is a legend in my book, I just wish everybody else saw it that way.

Huh? Isn't that the type of guy the common fan loves?

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:20 AM)
Huh? Isn't that the type of guy the common fan loves?

Common fans (none of which you'll ever see on a message board keep in mind, this would be crazy ass die hard land here) don't tend to embrace guys who don't play defense and strike out a ton, based on what I've seen. That doesn't diminish Jim as a player obviously, but fans love the guys that play defense balls out, hit well, and don't strike out a lot.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
Did anyone else notice that Bobby threw a slider up there at 96 MPH tonight?! Granted, he had no control over the thing, but that's just sick.

I saw that, it was low and away, he had no chance in getting it over. When I saw the pitch speed I was shocked and appalled, absolutely filthy.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 23, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
Common fans (none of which you'll ever see on a message board keep in mind, this would be crazy ass die hard land here) don't tend to embrace guys who don't play defense and strike out a ton, based on what I've seen. That doesn't diminish Jim as a player obviously, but fans love the guys that play defense balls out, hit well, and don't strike out a lot.

You mean like how Adam Dunn is generally not appreciated as the offensive juggernaut that he is because he has a low batting average and a high K rate but at the same time hits 40+ HRs and puts up a .380+ OBP?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 11:23 PM)

I don't think any common Sox fans embrace Thome...