Tiger Watch - Official Thread

hi8is

QUOTE(MichiganBorn @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
I think this is what the fans should be seeing out of these two teams. Not perfect outings against each other but competitive baseball. I don't want to see the White Sox or the Tigers dominate each other. If I wanted that I'd go play xbox.

I want tension and suspense. Late inning rallies, two out bombs, big saves and side sitting strike outs.

I'm just looking forward to the next series. Should be alot of fun.

i like you. i hope you stick around and remain as cool when we kick the tigers asses next series

:D

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hi8is @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 04:33 PM)
i like you. i hope you stick around and remain as cool when we kick the tigers asses next series

:D

Ha Thanks. We'll see about next series. I'll stick around as long as I don't get picked on too much.

Don't get me wrong I've still got some homer in me. But I like watching competitive sports and if my teams are involved all the better.

There are only a few teams I like to watch get dominated

In no order

1) Yankees

2) Avalanche

3) Lakers

4) Cowboys

5) Mets

6) Ohio State

QUOTE(MichiganBorn @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 01:08 AM)

In no order

1) Yankees

3) Lakers

im right with you on these two... funny too being that i born and raised in california. fish the lakers. fish the yankmes

im sure you wont get punk here if you continue to be a class act. congrats on the win... it was a hard fought game and i hope next time we sweep you again.

QUOTE(MichiganBorn @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
Ha Thanks. We'll see about next series. I'll stick around as long as I don't get picked on too much.

Don't get me wrong I've still got some homer in me. But I like watching competitive sports and if my teams are involved all the better.

In no order

1) Yankees

2) Avalanche

3) Lakers

4) Cowboys

5) Mets

6) Ohio State

I think you and I will get along just great.

I don't care about hockey, don't have a team in college football, hate the Yanks, hate the Mets, hate the Boys, hate the Lakers. If you tell me that you hate Boston oriented teams, and you hate the Packers, than you are basically a White Sox fan that, errrrr, roots...for...uhhhhhh, the Tigers?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)

I don't care about hockey, don't have a team in college football, hate the Yanks, hate the Mets, hate the Boys, hate the Lakers. If you tell me that you hate Boston oriented teams, and you hate the Packers, than you are basically a White Sox fan that, errrrr, roots...for...uhhhhhh, the Tigers?

ohmygd, b*ston's almost as bad as new york! and the packers? as bad as the viqueens (i won't say anything bad about da bears). i think there's a common theme in the midwest, eh?

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)

Actually I forgot about the Packers. I went to college in the Upper Pennisula of Michigan and man there were alot of Wisconsin people who lived and died with the Packers. So I should add them to the list. I enjoyed watching them flounder last year and I hope it happens again.

And I was rooting for the White Sox last year because it was alot of fun to watch and I follow the idea that you have a favorite team, but if your team isn't in the playoffs you root for a team from the same division/conference. The only time I break that is when Ohio State is in a bowl game.

QUOTE(MichiganBorn @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 07:56 AM)
Actually I forgot about the Packers. I went to college in the Upper Pennisula of Michigan and man there were alot of Wisconsin people who lived and died with the Packers. So I should add them to the list. I enjoyed watching them flounder last year and I hope it happens again.

And I was rooting for the White Sox last year because it was alot of fun to watch and I follow the idea that you have a favorite team, but if your team isn't in the playoffs you root for a team from the same division/conference. The only time I break that is when Ohio State is in a bowl game.

Avalanche > Red Wings

hate the red wings so much, love the Avs

Tigers have blown it open in the last two innings. They scored 3 in the 4th highlighted by Dmitri getting a bases loaded single to break a 1-1 tie. Now in the 5th, we've gotten an rbi single, and a 2 run double to go up 6-1. Still threatening also, with a man on 3rd and 1 away.

QUOTE(flbob @ Jul 20, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
ohmygd, b*ston's almost as bad as new york! and the packers? as bad as the viqueens (i won't say anything bad about da bears). i think there's a common theme in the midwest, eh?

Haha, ya I think so. Must be somethin' in the wheat :P

QUOTE(MichiganBorn @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 07:56 AM)

Hell, I know what you're talking about. I was rooting my ass off for the Twins in '03 and '04 in the playoffs. I was rooting for the Marlins in '03(playing the Cubs probably helped with that), I was rooting for the Angels in 02, etc. If the White Sox were to somehow not make the playoffs(and with the talent on this team, that would be horrendous), I'd probably be rooting for the Tigers. You've been a pain in our ass all year long, but Leyland has really grown on me this year(I had no idea he was as good of a manager as he is), and the youth and hunger in that team is just friggin' awesome. That, and I tend to root for AL Central or AL teams period in the playoffs(unless it's New York or Boston of course)

QUOTE(MichiganBorn @ Jul 21, 2006 -> 08:56 AM)
The only time I break that is when Ohio State is in a bowl game.

Even though you like Michigan, I have to agree about OSU. Ohio State sucks.

I like the recent trends in pitching for the Tigers, and I like the fact that, by my count, four of our five starters have little else choice but to go up. they can't fall much further. Garland and Contreras can slip a little, but I can't see them falling too hard too far. Buehrle and Vazquez I expect to get much better. Garcia? I can see him getting worse, but we'll see if his last start against the Yankees -- the good part of his start, mind you -- bore any signs of things to come.

Miner is a rookie with control problems, I would guess even the biggest Tiger fan knows he's going to get bombed on occasion.

Really, Bonderman is the only starter I am 100% confident in, Verlander I expect dominance, but once again he's a rookie so I know sometimes he's going to struggle.

I don't think Robertson or Rogers are going to completely implode like some people think, but I also don't know what to expect when they pitch.

All the same, two of our three starters just shut down the Sox, and dominated the A's in the first game as well, so that's three of our last four starts that have been very good.

Edited by loltrain

Manager Ron Gardenhire said that due to Thursday's day off Scott Baker will have his turn in the rotation skipped.

By skipping Baker the Twins will have Francisco Liriano, Johan Santana and Brad Radke lined up to face Detroit next weekend. Baker struggled in his start against the Indians on Saturday. Jul. 23 - 10:55 am et