Sunday Yankees vs Whitesox 7/16/06 Gamethread

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 10:58 AM)
But from everything that's been written, Beane considers Milledge "front line stuff". So how is it Freddy is going to leapfrog Zito?

If they deal Zito, your right he's better thats one guy. There are more than 1 team trying to "buy" though and with him being hte one guy better than Freddy, that tells me the Sox would have almost all the leverage in the world.

And I'm not convinced Beane is going to deal Zito especially with the A's in a tight race and the Angels starting to make some noise. Not to mention the Angels are going to land a bat, its inevitable.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 02:58 PM)
He's a free agent, so he's going somewhere.

Not if the A's re-sign him, which is in the realm of possibility

Edited by soxunited

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 11:00 AM)
It's just another example of Guillen not learning from his mistakes.

I've just given up on it. Since the start of the season I said Rob can't be anything more than a pinch hitter or a very ocassional starter to give BA a day off (especially against tough righties and no Jared Wright isn't that). Mack can get more starts at another position but he hurts us too much in the field in CF.

Its not Rob's fault, its our manager's for putting Mack in a position where he can't possibly succeed.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 06:02 PM)
It is freakin strange that after the beginning of this season, I'd feel most comfortable with Jon on the mound right now.

I'd still take Contreras, as at least he can get a K once he has 2 strikes.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 01:01 PM)
I think your analysis of Garcia's value is heavily tainted by homerism. But I don't want to argue about this any more. Feel free to continue if you like.

didnt think so. Dont assume