Rally Crede

Heads22

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
BA is my Joe Crede.

I'm so much behind the guy, because it's the first guy I've been able to follow from the beginning for the Sox since I became a hardcore fan.

I'm in a similar boat as you when it comes to BA. It's funny because I never thought that highly of him when he was a prospect, he always put up solid numbers in the minors but nothing spectacular along with some nice tools but nothing eye popping there either. Whenever I saw footage of him hitting, especially in Spring Training his swing always looked drawn out and incredibly long, similar to Crede's back when he sucked so I never thought much of him in terms of an offensive threat either.

But damnit that son of a gun has grown on me, all through his struggles he stayed so concentrated and never seemed flustered, he'd do interviews and instead of being nervous as hell just rallying of sports speak he would joke about how he sucked and such, he and Bmac are probably two of the better interviews on this team (with AJ being the best). His defense has been f***ing crazy good which really shocked me, I knew he was going to be pretty good out there but nothing like this. Also he's managed to shorten his damn swing and is absolutely crushing the ball over the past month+ which shows to me that he's serious about being the best player possible and is willing to make adjustments if necessary.

The guy is just real similar to Rowand in terms of his ability to attach himself to a fan base, one of coolest things I've ever seen from an athlete in this city was Row appearing on the JHood show night after night for like an hour each day to just bulls*** with him and the fans about baseball, the Bears and anything else people would bring up. Anderson just seems very similar in his personality.

In other words, I'm a fan.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 10:29 PM)
I'm in a similar boat as you when it comes to BA. It's funny because I never thought that highly of him when he was a prospect, he always put up solid numbers in the minors but nothing spectacular along with some nice tools but nothing eye popping there either. Whenever I saw footage of him hitting, especially in Spring Training his swing always looked drawn out and incredibly long, similar to Crede's back when he sucked so I never thought much of him in terms of an offensive threat either.

But damnit that son of a gun has grown on me, all through his struggles he stayed so concentrated and never seemed flustered, he'd do interviews and instead of being nervous as hell just rallying of sports speak he would joke about how he sucked and such, he and Bmac are probably two of the better interviews on this team (with AJ being the best). His defense has been f***ing crazy good which really shocked me, I knew he was going to be pretty good out there but nothing like this. Also he's managed to shorten his damn swing and is absolutely crushing the ball over the past month+ which shows to me that he's serious about being the best player possible and is willing to make adjustments if necessary.

The guy is just real similar to Rowand in terms of his ability to attach himself to a fan base, one of coolest things I've ever seen from an athlete in this city was Row appearing on the JHood show night after night for like an hour each day to just bulls*** with him and the fans about baseball, the Bears and anything else people would bring up. Anderson just seems very similar in his personality.

In other words, I'm a fan.

The fact that he's willing to punch John Mabry in the face when his catcher was slugged in the grill.......I think that's the main reason a lot of fans are giving him a lot of slack. For a guy that was hitting below .200.....seems like, well, normally, a lot of people would have wanted that guy gone.

I remember when he was drafted and he's one of the first guys since I've followed the draft come through. And it's awesome to see him succeed.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 16, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
The fact that he's willing to punch John Mabry in the face when his catcher was slugged in the grill.......I think that's the main reason a lot of fans are giving him a lot of slack. For a guy that was hitting below .200.....seems like, well, normally, a lot of people would have wanted that guy gone.

I remember when he was drafted and he's one of the first guys since I've followed the draft come through. And it's awesome to see him succeed.

I'm willing to punch John Mabry in the face, too.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 03:17 AM)
Remember i put the indians avatar and signature the day before the rally crede started... that was what did it all along. I changed my avatar and and signature... just for the sake of soxtalk.

I knew it was you all along.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 06:36 AM)
The Rally Crede doesn't need a bat to hit a home run!

He uses his mighty forearms to scare the ball over the LF wall!

Hail the Rally Crede!!!

The Rally Crede gave birth to both Ribbie and Rhubarb, and the conception was immaculate and beautiful at the sametime.

QUOTE(POPPY_HIDALGO @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 10:12 AM)
This is sad and lame.

Hey its really hot in Chicago, can you quit raining on parades here and try it in the city instead?

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 17, 2006 -> 06:36 AM)
The Rally Crede doesn't need a bat to hit a home run!

He uses his mighty forearms to scare the ball over the LF wall!

Hail the Rally Crede!!!

Joe Crede doesn’t hit 7th. Those six other guys are just warming up the pitcher for the first real at bat of the game.

Edited by MHizzle85