Minnesota Twins Post Mortem Playoff Thread

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
I have to say that Konerko has more than made up for a poor 2000 playoff appearance.

People do not remember 1993. I sure as hell don't, but I'm capable enough of looking up Thomas's line in the ALCS.

.353/.593/.529/1.131...that would be 6 for 17, 1 homer, 3 RBI, and 10 f'ing walks.

It's not like he wasn't doing what he could to help start something.

The best part about these first two games is Minnesota's complete failure at fundamentals and clutch hitting.

I just hope Oakland doesn't gag this series away, because that's the kind of thing that could get Minny rolling like Boston rolled in 2004 after the YankMe's choked.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 02:46 AM)
I'm quietly waiting to post a fun fact about the Central in the playoffs since 2000.

Excluding 2005, since 1999 the AL Central has only won 1 series and has lost 6 while posting a 12-21 record. Combined with this year they are now 12-24.

This was also the first year since the Wild Card that two AL Central teams made the playoffs. Great representation.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Oct 5, 2006 -> 08:19 AM)
Excluding 2005, since 1999 the AL Central has only won 1 series and has lost 6 while posting a 12-21 record. Combined with this year they are now 12-24.

This was also the first year since the Wild Card that two AL Central teams made the playoffs. Great representation.

Its a good thing we dominanted last year.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 4, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
I have to say that Konerko has more than made up for a poor 2000 playoff appearance.

And? The point was he sucked that series. Just like Lee and Ordonez did. But, of course, it's hip and cool to act as if Frank was the only one who didn't hit in that series.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 08:19 AM)
And? The point was he sucked that series. Just like Lee and Ordonez did. But, of course, it's hip and cool to act as if Frank was the only one who didn't hit in that series.

The whole team didnt hit in that series, I think EVERYONE knows that is a fact.

QUOTE(fathom @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 04:08 PM)
Will someone please explain to me why Gardenhire was so intent on playing smallball today, when he has a pitcher on the mound who clearly has no shot of shutting down the opponent?

hes done it before in playoffs past. The strategy changes once its October.

It also doesnt help that the Twins offense cant get a runner in from scroing position

That was quick. I still think the Twins would be the team you would least like to see if Liriano was full strength. With him and Santana pitching at least 3 of the 5 games, it would be very difficult. One thing the Twins did accomplish even though their season is pretty much over, is they kept extra playoff revenue out of JR's hands. If the Sox got in the playoffs and played for a while, they could have been a pretty nice chunk of change.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 05:40 PM)
LMAO@intentionally walking Frank with 2 outs and nobody on. That, my friends, is fear. 5-2 A's now.

He can't score on a double or they lift him for a pinch runner and you get him out of the game. Its a very solid move. Its too late for Gardy though.

Justin Morneau ran his mouth about how the Twins were gonna keep the Sox out of the playoffs, yada, yada, yada.

What did Minnesota do when they got there?

Nothing.

Have fun in 4th place next year Minny. This is hilarious.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 05:45 PM)
He can't score on a double or they lift him for a pinch runner and you get him out of the game. Its a very solid move. Its too late for Gardy though.

GMAB. It was a dumbass move. Why don't you just pretend it was Ozzie that made the move. I know Frank is great, but you don't intentionally walk a guy with two outs and nobody on base. Unless you fear him, of course.

Edited by Jordan4life_2006