7/30/06 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
Im 2-0 in my last 2 days of gamethreads....cmon ill take it all on my back.

Hit Chen and get Javy out after 5!!!!

Chances of Javy being out after 5?

None. He will be out there in the 6th, barring a not-so-unforseen explosion in innings 1-5.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
If I see another outing where 5 Inning Javy pitches a gem for the first 2 times through the lineup and then craps his pants, I will vomit all over the TV.

If it happens, I am going to seriously consider hating Ozzie. He's on the fence for me right now, but I still like the guy. Even if Javy has 80 pitches and no hits through 5... I'd consider taking him out.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 06:31 PM)
If I see another outing where 5 Inning Javy pitches a gem for the first 2 times through the lineup and then craps his pants, I will vomit all over the TV.

If the leash after 5 innings for Javy isn't ungodly short, then I don't know what it'll take to get through Ozzie's skull.

If it happens, I am going to seriously consider hating Ozzie. He's on the fence for me right now, but I still like the guy. Even if Javy has 80 pitches and no hits through 5... I'd consider taking him out.

Great.

And then who do you pitch from there?

This is one of the reasons he wanted Garland to go as long as he could today, and it turns out he had to use 6 pitchers to get thru the game.

McCarthy is more than likely out for tomorrow, as is MacDougall from going two days in a row. Jenks has also thrown a lot of pitches the last two days. Cotts has been ineffective.

Definitely available for bullpen duty Sunday: Riske and Thornton.

The remaining 4 guys? Questionable. They need to be especially careful about overusing MacDougal and Jenks.

They need Vazquez to go a minimum of 6 innings tomorrow, count on Riske for 2, and hopefully Thornton for the 9th.

I would not be surprised to see McCarthy go down to AAA for a few starts, with Tracey or someone else coming up who can give them a few innings. Unless of course they add another pitcher and go with 12.

They have lots of decisions to make, seeing as they've been basically forced into shortening the leash on guys like Vazquez and Buehrle. Doing that has a big time domino effect.

Hopefully the Sox get a huge lead early. Vazquez seems to pitch a lot better when the Sox score early and often. If the Sox are facing Chen, there's an excellent chance Vazquez will have some runs to work with. 8 is the magic number. In 8 of his 9 victories, the Sox have scored 8 or more runs.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)

This is one of the most stupid statements that I have ever read. If the score by then is 5 to 0 Sox, Ozzie would be slammed if he takes Vazquez out. Stop being so absurd!

I think you can expect to see Ozzie ride Javy as long as he can, regardless of his recent history. Even if Javy blows the game away, Ozzie has to perserve his bullpen. Hopefully, the Sox rock Chen and Javy survives for 7 or more innings.

Barring getting rocked an innings 1-5 Vazquez for sure should be out there to start the 6th. But if he gives up a leadoff walk/single or anything other than an out id want him taken out. To be fair against the Twins he made some good pitches and they just beat him... even the one to Morneau most hitters wouldnt of taken out of the park.

Hopefully Vazquez will live up to what he said in the media this week and have a solid outing.

A 3rd straight win and sweep on the road would be very nice to build some confidence. With a win the Sox will gain another game on either the Twins or Tigers after tonight.

:gosox2:

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 11:08 AM)
Javy keep it going! I'm 2-0 with goldys jose contreras wallpaper as my background!

We're also 2-0 since I've gotten unbanned... not saying anything, but I'm just saying...

You need me.

QUOTE(S720 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 10:33 PM)
This is one of the most stupid statements that I have ever read. If the score by then is 5 to 0 Sox, Ozzie would be slammed if he takes Vazquez out. Stop being so absurd!

no... no he wouldnt be slammed... he'd be applauded...