Sox @ KC - 8/2 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
Imo, this isn't on Garcia. He's kept them in the game and while he's sucked this inning, prior to this most of it was on the defense.

Oh and giving up hits to Teahen is not something I can really gripe about considering the guy was the best offensive player in the month of july.

Well, if we have to give guys credit for "only" pitching one bad inning and still losing, or winning games where they give up like 6 runs, I'll blame Garcia for giving up too many runs to win.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:08 AM)
Another thing that killed them was not playing some smartball early on, especially with Jim and paulie out. There was no reason why Cintron shouldn't have tried a suicide squeeze in that 3rd with runners on the corners and one out.

With Freddy on the mound, you try and break the game open. Playing for one run that early on usually leads to you regretting not getting more runs later in the game.

does anyone else agree with me that Ozzie put that guy on so he can have a righty on righty matchup? It doesn't make sense to set up a force because there were two outs, but why do it in the 7th inning witha guy who has been on base all night? Why not just bring in the lefty? What's wrong with pitching to shane Costa.

Whatever Ozzie.:headshake:

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
oh fudge.

little late ozzie

Ozzie needs to take a class this offseason. How to recognize fatigue in your starting pitcher.

1.) Chapter one. Dont trust your pitchers verbal responses to your questions.

Trust me, wait until Saturday when Vazquez is having the same discussion with Ozzie in the 6th. And Ozzie leaves him in.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:10 AM)
does anyone else agree with me that Ozzie put that guy on so he can have a righty on righty matchup? It doesn't make sense to set up a force because there were two outs, but why do it in the 7th inning witha guy who has been on base all night? Why not just bring in the lefty? What's wrong with pitching to shane Costa.

You know I agree. I've seen this same old story far too much with him leaving a guy in to try and get them in a chance to get the win.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
ozzie seems to be one of those managers where if things are going well he's a genious, and if the team starts to slip a little bit its all blamed on him

Yeah, it's called "managing," and it's not a special situation for Ozzie. It's how every manager is seen.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)

Why would you pitch to Teahan but walk Cosa?

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:10 AM)
ozzie seems to be one of those managers where if things are going well he's a genious, and if the team starts to slip a little bit its all blamed on him

You can remove Ozzie's name and change that to any sport at any level.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:11 PM)
Yeah, it's called "managing," and it's not a special situation for Ozzie. It's how every manager is seen.

Completely agree, except in the case of the Packers. Mike Sherman sucked, period. If they won, it was the team, if they lost, Sherman was an idiot.

that's every manager/coach.... and don't get me wrong, i'm as guilty as anyone when it comes to ragging on managers and coaches

It's like that with all managers and NFL coaches. That's why they need a thick skin and why they get paid a lot of dough.

It's always been that way in sports. Everybody thinks they can do better than the manager/coach.

It'll never change. Good managers realize that and don't stress about it.

Nice shot by Juan there. He seems to have taken the first pitch in most of his ab's today.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
yes! pointless solo homer

Pointless? Are you kidding me? The Sox had something good happen, CHEER.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:10 AM)
With Freddy on the mound, you try and break the game open. Playing for one run that early on usually leads to you regretting not getting more runs later in the game.

Sox had some momentum going there but Cintron just killed it with that double play. This was a game that required some '05 grinder play but either Ozzie forgot how that went or forgot his own edict about bunting better.

Now Uribe homers, that extra run would have helped.

He got a lot of credit when they won. He should get some blame when they lose.