**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:31 AM)
Because left handers can NEVER get hits off of left-handed pitchers. The world will end before a lefty can hit a lefty or a righty can hit a righty.

Unless the Lefty is Mackowiak. He's a God.

Could the world handle Cotts vs Mackowiak?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:32 AM)
Wait, are you saying Jose Contreras isn't the best pitcher in the league? He isn't better than the leagues elite? What are you on?

sigh, I hate it when the Twins play the Sox

I miss stats people show to try and prove that such and such pitcher is better than Santana.

With all due respect to our subs, and I love em because they are Sox,

do we really expect to win with Ozuna, Alomar, Mack, Gload in the lineup?

I mean those are 4 hitters that any person outside of Chicago would laugh at.

I mean c'mon. That coupled with our pitching and this year's version

of Uribe, is there any reason to be surprised we're down 5-1?

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:28 PM)
Sadly, I'll bet McCarthy gets shelled today. It's been so ungodly long since he's got legitimate work in...there's no way he's going to be sharp.

So Ozzie can use that as his excuse to not start McCarthy ever as long as he's the manager.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:31 AM)
Can we give Jose back to the Yanks please?

Um, no

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:33 AM)
Can you have a home run and an error on the center fielder on the same play?

Thanks for the laugh!

This was posted after the deadline:

...and the rest of you who are dog-kicking mad that Kenny Williams didn't make a deadline move.

Here is a list of current White Sox who will be free agents at the end of the year: Sandy Alomar & David Riske.

That's it. The entire rest of the team is either under White Sox control thanks to the reserve/arbitration clause, or has a team option on their contract. Kenny Williams has built a team that will contend for a World Series for multiple years. Multiple years. Not just this year.

So what do you do with 80% of the rotation underperforming, but locked up for at least another year?

You wait. You wait, because the starters will not be this bad for the rest of their contracts. It's hard to believe they can be this bad for the rest of this season. They just have too much history of success to be this bad. You don't overreact and start dumping players when their value is at it's lowest. You don't overreact and make a move for the sake of making a move. Because that's all any move would have been.

QFT.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
If Hawk is questioning the White Sox intensity level, you know there's a huge problem. I also don't hear Hawk say how Ozzie will figure everything out anymore. I guess he saves it for when the Sox have a comfortable lead.

All season he told us that Ozzie won't let them lose intensity. Hawk lied.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:33 AM)
If Hawk is questioning the White Sox intensity level, you know there's a huge problem. I also don't hear Hawk say how Ozzie will figure everything out anymore. I guess he saves it for when the Sox have a comfortable lead.

^^^^^^^^^^^

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
Stop quoting f***ing Ozzie, Hawk. I am f***ing sick of seeing him, hearing about him, thinking about him, or even knowing he is still our manager.

:lolhitting

The only solace I take is in reading your guys posts and it makes me laugh (even though I'm posting the exact same stuff). Its nice to laugh cause this game SUCKS.

QUOTE(GOD @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:35 PM)
We have also been extremely unlucky this year

This better not be like in 2000 where we got breaks, then for the next 4 years we didn't. Same with with last year, although we made a lot of our breaks too, but we can't be cursed until 2010 can we?

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:34 PM)
No don't let him ruin whatever trade value he may hold.

I doubt that a knuckleballer is going to have much trade value at all based on his AAA performance until he shows something in the big leagues, since no one really knows how to project whether they'll succeed in the show based only on their performance in the minors. He comes up and has a couple of good games and it'll really, really help build his trade value.