**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
I'm not saying what he said is true...but I'm also not saying that Ozzie doesn't favor some of his buddies. I can't wait until next year when McCarthy gets pulled at the first sign of trouble.

Ozzie favors people but it has zero to do with race. But I assume you know that.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ross Gload anywhere at this point, we need a spark. PK just hit his first home run in what, 68 ABs? It's time to play players who are producing. I'm not saying bench PK, but jeez, I almost feel better with Gload right now (I'm really for Pods out of LF though)

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:48 PM)
As someone said yesterday, maybe all the sweets he's eating during the game will make him heavier and add a few mph to his pitches.

I think BMac should go to Bud Selig's office, take off his shirt and ask for an exception to the no Steroid rule. Bud couldn't say no.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:48 AM)
Rob Macko...ah screw it. I'm getting beer.

Ok, here's an idea...Ross Gload in CF?

I like Mackowiak, especially how he said he was drunk at Game 2 of the WS last year. I feel awful for him, as he has no business being in CF. His addition to the lineup tonight has been great. I love how Rongey defending it by saying Ozzie was playing a hunch. That's bulls***, as Ozzie has been going by the book on almost every move he's made this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)
I like Mackowiak, especially how he said he was drunk at Game 2 of the WS last year. I feel awful for him, as he has no business being in CF. His addition to the lineup tonight has been great. I love how Rongey defending it by saying Ozzie was playing a hunch. That's bulls***, as Ozzie has been going by the book on almost every move he's made this year.

LOL please do not mention Rongey's name it makes me puke and feel generally sick to my stomach. He honestly said Vaz was one of the guys that lost the game last night...

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:49 AM)
Ozzie favors people but it has zero to do with race. But I assume you know that.

Yeah, I'm not saying that just because a guy is Latino, Ozzie's going to favor him. However, I think that Ozzie has developed some very close friendships with some of the guys on this team, and it's effecting the way he manages.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:49 AM)
I'm sorry, but would someone please remind me which pitcher went 8 or 9 innings against Santana in a 1-1 duel last September?

Alex, Who is Brandon McCarthy.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:50 PM)

For those of you who attend games, watch Ozzie during the course of a game. For a manager who supposedly manages by a hunch or by the gut, he sure does look at a lot of stats.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:50 AM)
Did I ever mention that I love Gloadie :)

I just really like his approach. He's a gap hitter who knows how to protect the plate. I was against him being on the roster all year, but that's cause he had no place to play, and we were/still are severely lacking a backup outfielder.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:51 PM)
Didn't Garcia lose a 1-0 game to Santana while pitching a 1 hitter.

2 years ago, Garland took out Santana in one of those 2-1 games, the only runs we got were on a home run by Lee.

Last year, Garcia lost that 1 hitter to Santana.

2 days after the Rally Crede made his triumphant appearance last year, McCarthy and Santana both pitched absolute gems against each other in a game the Twinkies won in 14, IIRC.