**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
Sox fans, of all people, should know that @Tampa Bay is about a country mile more difficult than vs. Tampa Bay.

I HATE watching games on TV at Tropicana. Like playing in Siberia. Yuck.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 02:25 AM)
Sox fans, of all people, should know that @Tampa Bay is about a country mile more difficult than vs. Tampa Bay.

For the Sox it is...the Twins typically handle medicore teams. That's one of the main reasons it's always been so hard to catch them when we fall behind them late in the season.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to make generalized, idiotic presumptions with over 30 games left in the regular season

it is absolutely irrational, there is just no other way to put it

baseball is an extremely streaky game, and 30 games is well more than enough for fortunes of an entire division to change

ask the tigers how they're feeling about their playoff chances after going 5 for their last 18

You know whats irrational. Watching our pitching over the first 3/4s of a season and then stating remarks like this. I would say that the Tigers feel better about their playoff chances than the 3rd place whitesox. What besides your gut feel and whitesox hat tells you that the crappy pitching over the first 3/4 of a season is an illusion, and our team is just going to flip a switch and poof they will make it. I base my feelings on watching the whitesox over the course of a lifetime, not just reviewing the Comcast WS video from last year. Just because Freddy Garcia stood on the mound in last years game in a 1-0 win, doesnt mean that 88 mph Freddy is the same guy. Contreras is a shadow of last years guy. Politte is gone, Hermy is not here. Eject the DVD and move back into reality with the rest of us.

If they win great, however to expect them to win against a guy who has owned them like no other closer has owned them is wishful thinking at best. It defies logic.

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
Can we officially start the funeral for this team? I'd like to start b****ing about the bears season and their lack of wide reciever depth...

Go to talkbears.com

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
For the Sox it is...the Twins typically handle medicore teams. That's one of the main reasons it's always been so hard to catch them when we fall behind them late in the season.

Boston lost 3 of 4 at Tropicana, and the Rays are over .500 at home this year.

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)
Can we officially start the funeral for this team? I'd like to start b****ing about the bears season and their lack of wide reciever depth...

Nah.

I like to read b****ing about the Bears though.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 09:25 PM)

And KC is the worst road team in baseball, and Runnynose Hernadez is a bum, and they started a guy who is back on the DL.