Official NFL Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 10:18 PM)
I gotta say Im glad we arent facing Belichek in the Superbowl. I think the Bears defense will be able to hold back the Colts offense better than the Colts defense will be able to hold back the Bears offense.

I'm so glad, though I never thought it'd happen. The Patriots scare the s*** out of me. At least with the Colts, you have the opportunity to run up a score on them and hope you can play defense enough.

QUOTE(NUKE @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 09:22 PM)
Including the one where nobody was covering him at all and he could have run in for a TD. That cost em the game right there.

And dont forget the other one, where he was actually in the endzone with noone covering him. Caldwell left 14 points on the field in a crucial time of the game. I wonder if Brady is missing Deion Branch right now?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 10:06 PM)
And dont forget the other one, where he was actually in the endzone with noone covering him. Caldwell left 14 points on the field in a crucial time of the game. I wonder if Brady is missing Deion Branch right now?

Yup. I forgot about that one.

Caldwell is probably out looking for a bridge to jump off of right about now.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 09:36 PM)
I'm going to put the Bears at 8 point underdogs right off the bat.

I wish that were really the case. Id put money on Bears and the over.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 08:06 PM)

Technically they left 4 points on the field as they ended up getting a TD on Caldwell's first drop (the one in the endzone) and a field goal out of his 2nd drop. However, those 4 points were crucial.

You got to hand it to the Colts, they had there backs to the wall and found a way to come back and win and its no secret that it started with them being able to run the ball because that makes Peyton so dangerous (the LB's have to come closer and it means he'll have seams all over the field in addition to him being the best play action QB in NFL history).

Well the Bears have played great to get to the place they need, but this is the game that matters and they'll have to play there best game of the season. This is the game that will define this Bears squad (and the Colts squad).

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 07:09 PM)
That is not a f***ing roughing call

That call and the pass interference call in the end zone were horrific calls. Face-guarding, unless I'm greatly mistaken (and I dno't think I am) there is no penalty for face guarding and since the CB made no contact that should not have been a pass interference. That call was absolute horses*** (again unless I've been dead wrong about this not being an NFL penalty cause I could swear that face guarding was completely legal in the NFL).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 10:16 PM)
That call and the pass interference call in the end zone were horrific calls. Face-guarding, unless I'm greatly mistaken (and I dno't think I am) there is no penalty for face guarding and since the CB made no contact that should not have been a pass interference. That call was absolute horses*** (again unless I've been dead wrong about this not being an NFL penalty cause I could swear that face guarding was completely legal in the NFL).

Face guarding is illegal. You have to be making an attempt at the ball.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 08:51 PM)
I thought faceguarding was only illegal in NCAA?

I'm 99% sure that is the case.

I looked it up and found this from an NFL ref (dated in 01 though):

3) What is the official rule against "face-guarding" when a defender is trying to break up a pass? Is there a certain amount of space he must be within of the receiver for this penalty to be called?

There is no such thing as face-guarding in the National Football League. It is legal to face-guard a receiver. In order to have pass interference you must have contact. Any act without contact is not considered a foul.

Just to verify, I found a 06 source that said the same thing. Faceguarding is completely legal in the NFL. The only thing that can cause PI is contact.