Sunday GameThread at Oakland

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 03:58 PM)
Brian just earned himself a bench spot.

Heads lefty on the mound on Monday Brian starts. Verlander on the mound on Tuesday pretty much puts Brian on the bench. Yet Uribe and his free swinging crap approach will be out there.

If you bench Uribe, you lose some defense. But offense is more important, and it is not like Cintron can't play SS. He is a decent SS. If you bench Anderson, you have no one else who can come near him defensively, and he is a better hitter then Uribe. I think the whole world except Ozzie knows that Uribe and Podsednik need to benched.

Contreras definitely isn't throwing as hard as he was before the injury. He's also back to his sidearm delivery.

One of the things that no one has talked about this year is how much velocity Contreras has lost from last year. He's at 91 mph this year, compared to 96 mph at the end of last year.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 03:59 PM)
I would do that on him, and put the same thing on for Kong. That plus pitching low and away would really put this offense into the crapper.

Konerko isn't a dead pull hitter. I hate when people think that. Konerko can hit the ball to all parts of the field. Especially when he is going good.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
While the amount of breaking pitches out of the zone thrown to him has ramped up.

On Uribe its real simple.

Bounce slow breaking pitch into the left handed batters box for strike one.

Throw low and away fastball that he fouls back, with his front foot pointed towards third almost into the splits.

Then throw a 55 footer.

Strikeout.

Shocking how watching Uribe hit like crap last year, it was a small little tweak by Hrniak that kept him closed off, and him centered on the ball. But then again the genius that is our hitting instructor decided that really wasnt what fixed him. And decided to try a spread approach that Pablo uses. The spinoramtic is back in full Tazmanian flux.

My question is, when something finally works with a frustrating hitter. Why in the name of god would you change it. And even if you did change it, why would you you not return to it when you have failed.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:04 PM)
Konerko isn't a dead pull hitter. I hate when people think that. Konerko can hit the ball to all parts of the field. Especially when he is going good.

Your kidding right.

Pauly is a pull hitter, everyone knows that. When Pauly goes good its when he hits the ball to right center.

When pauly is going bad he pulls ever single pitch you throw out. 24 double plays to SS and to the 3rd baseman say hello.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 17, 2006 -> 04:07 PM)
Your kidding right.

Pauly is a pull hitter, everyone knows that. When Pauly goes good its when he hits the ball to right center.

When pauly is going bad he pulls ever single pitch you throw out. 24 double plays to SS and to the 3rd baseman say hello.

Yes, Paulie is a pull hitter first, but he has the ability to go to Right - Right Center. Putting the shift on Konerko would be the best thing for Konerko. Because Konerko knows how to hit the ball to the rightside. He can just aim for that big whole between the 1B and 2B and hit little grounders for base hits.