Why was MB wearing a Cards cap?

KansasSoxFan

Just wondering how many people here have a cap from another mlb team besides the Sox. I honestly think the last non Sox cap I've owned was a Cleveland Indians cap from when I was 9 and played on the Indians Little League Team.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 02:43 AM)
Well, at least AJ hates the Redbirds

At tonight's Turning Point PPV...

Jim Cornette came to the ring and introduced several diginitaries in The Chicago White Sox' Dale Torborg and AJ Pierzynski (who came out with his X-Division title replica), who appeared at last year's Turning Point. Jim Cornette then introduced World Series MVP David Eckstein, who came out with his MVP trophy and his brother. The TNA announcing team plugged Eckstein's forthcoming book.

Cornette interviewed Eckstein, who noted that Rhino and Lance Hoyt were his favorites. They showed the book to Torborg and AJ, who proceeded to rip up the book. AJ cut a promo on Eckstein, saying he backed his way into a World Series and now he was in AJ's ring. Eckstein grabbed the book away from them and the brothers got into the White Sox's face.

Torborg drilled Eckstein's brother. AJ and Eckstein began shoving each other. Cornette tried to stop it but was shoved down. Torborg grabbed Eckstein and they teased hitting him with the X-Division belt replica. Lance Hoyt hit the ring and brawled briefly with Torborg before he powdered out of the ring.

aHHH i wanted to buy turning point to badly but we don't have a box. I didn't want to drive all the way to the hooters neither. Had to be better than the snoozefest of the ECW ppv last week. But as to not drive off course, i don't like buerhle wearing red bird stuff. Coke drivers don't drink pepsi, i say.

but non issue we're all bored.

Mark better realize when he does pitch for the Cardinals he better produce.

Too many gopher balls and he'll be booed while playing for his favorite team.

They'll boo his ass like anybody else if he stinks.

He has a little leeway in Chicago considering he's been total class and a great great pitcher, arguably

one of the best in team history.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 10, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
Just wondering how many people here have a cap from another mlb team besides the Sox. I honestly think the last non Sox cap I've owned was a Cleveland Indians cap from when I was 9 and played on the Indians Little League Team.

I don't own any non Sox MLB caps but I do have polo shirts of the Padres and Rangers. I try to pick up shirts when I visit a city that has a MLB team.

Not me.

Edited by Rowand44

I have an old school Pads hat, and i also have a Reds hat as I like them as my NL team.

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Dec 9, 2006 -> 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some of you need to get a damn life. Do we all approve of Mark's wife? Or the car he drives? He gets paid to pitch, he could hate every White Sox fan alive if he wanted to. He doesn't, he's said he likes it here and doesn't want to play in STL, so why don't we all just stay out of something that is none of our damn business. Some of you talking about an advertisement, yeah, being invited to a private suite, I'm sure he really told that guy to upload that pic all over the internet. And I would lmao if it was some backward old school Sox hat (EDIT: See above already beat me to it)

I generally agree. I wish (you) people would shut up about this already. So, what? He can be a fan of a team but can't wear a hat? Give me a f***ing break. I can understand if you're talking about him if he said he'd like to play for the Cards, okay, that's being a little blunt (as is becoming a constant with this team lately), but to criticize him for a f***ing cap is ridiculous, IMO. But I really could care less. Mark has earned respect among the Chicago fans and has made it quite apparent that he likes playing here, so I'm not get all bent out of shape about this, and I don't think of you should, either. Let it go already.

Edited by TheBigHurt

• 1 month later...
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 06:33 AM)
A Cubs fan. It figures.

:angry:

And Mark took a photo with him??! That proves he isn't a true member of the SOX community. If he really was a true member of the Sox community, he would have smashed the guy's cell phone and screamed Sox Rulzzzz!

To show the mentality of a cub fan.

1) Would you go to the Metrodome to see the Twins in the World Series play........say the Astros

If yes above

2) While at the Twins WS game would strike up a conversation with Kerry Wood who is wearing an Astros hat.

If yes above

3) Would you take a picture with him and then pass it around

If yes to all of the above and if Kerry Wood was cool what would you then do with it. Personally if Kerry Wood was cool, I would now like him more brag about how awesome it was to watch a World Series game with a professional baseball player who is a fan like me.

Am I dellusional?

Why would a cub fan venture to St. Louis to watch them in the WS, they are losers all around. If you gave me tickets to see the Tigers in the WS, I would pass because my guys aren't there.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)
If you gave me tickets to see the Tigers in the WS, I would pass because my guys aren't there.

If I were in Detroit, and you gave me tickets to the WS, I would go...

if I couldn't get a lot of money for em! :D

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)
To show the mentality of a cub fan.

1) Would you go to the Metrodome to see the Twins in the World Series play........say the Astros

If yes above

2) While at the Twins WS game would strike up a conversation with Kerry Wood who is wearing an Astros hat.

If yes above

3) Would you take a picture with him and then pass it around

If yes to all of the above and if Kerry Wood was cool what would you then do with it. Personally if Kerry Wood was cool, I would now like him more brag about how awesome it was to watch a World Series game with a professional baseball player who is a fan like me.

Am I dellusional?

Why would a cub fan venture to St. Louis to watch them in the WS, they are losers all around. If you gave me tickets to see the Tigers in the WS, I would pass because my guys aren't there.

You wouldn't go to the World Series even if it was free? To potentially see your favorite team's rival be defeated? At some point, it becomes a bit about pride in your team, and not wanting to see your rival win. Or, perhaps in others cases, they want to see their favorite team's league win, which is also completely understandable.

If the Tigers played the Dodgers in the World Series, I was in Detroit, and I was given free tickets, I'd put on blue and white so fast your head would spin (or at the very least, cheer on the Dodgers, because I'm not about to drop $200 just for apparel to one game)

Next, if I saw any famous person, and he was sitting by me, I think I'd want to try and socialize or get a picture with him. If said famous person were by chance a baseball player, and he was wearing a Tigers hat, I'd still want that picture - perhaps even moreso now that I know I'd be able to stir up a little controversy.

Neither scenario is completely unrealistic, but I'm going to believe Buehrle over that other guy just because I'm a blind homer. I don't know that guy's name, don't know where he's from, don't know his family, and quite frankly don't really give a damn. Buehrle's a pitcher for the Sox, and he's given the MLB club 6-7 years of good pitching and consistency, with nothing going on in the media except for a few of these "Cardinal controversies." He was a huge part in the Sox winning a World Series, and I'll forever be grateful of that as a fan of the team.

Seriously...you're going to believe some random guy who happened to snap a picture of he and Buehrle over Buehrle himself? :huh

I don't think it wqz q greqt move by him. qfter wreztling qt ztqte, I won't even put on qnother college'z nqme (zhirt, zweqtz, qnything). qnd juzt wreztling for q few yeqrz iz much different thqn being pqid how he iz. I don't cqre if he did it, I juzt know I wouldn't hqve.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Feb 2, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)
I don't think it wqz q greqt move by him. qfter wreztling qt ztqte, I won't even put on qnother college'z nqme (zhirt, zweqtz, qnything). qnd juzt wreztling for q few yeqrz iz much different thqn being pqid how he iz. I don't cqre if he did it, I juzt know I wouldn't hqve.

what's up with the Q's and Z's? Is that a cool thing to do?

I'd go a WS game regardless of who was playing. I would also cheer for whatever team the person who I was with was cheering for, assuming they bought the tickets. I once went to a Cubs game and pretended to be a Cubs fan. It was great. I could make comments like "this is the worts team in history. No wonder it's been 100 years, it will be another 100 before we win.

I dont know about everybody else but I think this is a small deal if any. Think of it this way. Most of us are huge Sox fans. Lets say you were lucky enough to make it to the majors, and you were drafted by the Mets. If the Sox and were in the World Series and the Mets werent, do you think you shouldnt be allowed to wear a Sox hat and root for them.