2007 MLB Catch-All Thread

greasywheels121

QUOTE(SnB @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 08:42 PM)
Toronto changed their hats? AGAIN?

1_250.jpg

But Why? I like their current hats.

I guess that means they change the lettering on their unis and get rid of that Jay in the front. Or like noted above its an alternate hat which is prolly right since it was used during spring.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd straight outstanding start for Kip Wells for the Cardinals today. He was a tough luck loser in his debut (2 ER and 7 k's in 6 innings against the mighty Mets lineup) and today he threw 7 shutout while allowing only 1 walk and 1 hit in 7 innings (also had 7 k's again today), as the now 2-4 Cardinals destroyed the 1-5 (all at home, 3 vs. Pittsburgh) Astros by a 10-1 count. Brad Lidge had some MAJOR issues in that game, although his defense didn't help him, but man he's just a destroyed man in terms of pitching.

Another interesting thing is the White Sox, Red Sox, and Yankees are all 2-3, and the Tigers were a 9th inning rally against the ROYALS away from also being 2-3. Some slow starts from good teams.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Bigs or AAA? 'Bird will know soon

By Jim Masilak

April 9, 2007

410113m.jpg

One way or another, today promises to be a landmark day in the life of Redbirds right-hander Blake Hawksworth. The 24-year-old will either make his Triple-A debut tonight at AutoZone Park against New Orleans or join the St. Louis Cardinals in Pittsburgh and make a spot start

Hawksworth said of a possible big-league call-up. "If something like that came to happen, that's when I'd think about it. All I've been thinking about is that I'm getting ready for my first Triple-A start."

In the meantime, a few feet down the hall in the Redbirds' clubhouse, Cardinals general manager Walt Jocketty met with the Memphis managerial staff to discuss the club's options.

The North Vancouver, B.C., native is tentatively set to make his Memphis debut against the Zephyrs tonight on nine days' rest. Hawksworth hasn't pitched since March 30, when he threw five impressive and scoreless innings in an exhibition game against the Cardinals at AutoZone Park.

[More in URL]

Sounds like it'll be him. I've wanted to see him get a chance anyways, but not this way.. Talk that Carp may need bone spur surgery and be out 4-6 weeks.. that's just hearsay right now til stuff is official!

Keisler to start Tues., Carp likely to DL

As usual, there will be more detail on all of this when my notebook goes up. But in the meantime, here are the morning updates from the pregame chat with TLR:

* Randy Keisler will start in Carpenter's place on Tuesday. It would be his fifth day, after he went on Thursday in Memphis' opener.

* The corresponding move likely will be to place Carpenter on the DL. He flew with the team out of Houston, then headed back to STL last night. He's being checked out by Paletta today.

* Scott Spiezio is ill; he apparently has something resembling food poisoning. It's uncertain whether he'll come to the park or stay back at the hotel.

-M.

[Link]

Gem of a post from the MLB cubs board

I just got off the phone with my cousin who was attending today's game and he was sitting right behind home plate. He and about 12 others in his section are going to be waiting for the home plate ump after the game. I told them not to but if that ump doesn't come out with security then he can expect to be missing a few teeth and get both of his blind biased eyes dotted. I think he cost us the game no doubt but this may be a little over board. I've just called Wrigley security to let them know (yes I ratted on my own cousin) but they laughed it off like I was joking. If the home plate ump comes out unprotected he may not ump the rest of the year.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 07:23 PM)
Speaking of that Cubs game, I was listneing to Pat and Ron on the way back to school, because it was the only baseball game on. In the future, I'll listen to silence over that garbage - god, Santo is horrendous.

santo is by far one of the worst broadcasters of all time. Besides his shouts during key plays, he doesnt seem to even know how to judge the game. He was b****ing about the umps the entire game today.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
santo is by far one of the worst broadcasters of all time. Besides his shouts during key plays, he doesnt seem to even know how to judge the game. He was b****ing about the umps the entire game today.

That carried over to Comcast and the SCORE was talkign about it. Floyd was complaining that it threw him off his game as well as the Howry pitch to Everett. Ted Lilly then said that he got some calls that benefitted him. Ted will be DFA'd soon should he speak like this again.

Coming soon to a video store near you...The Sandlot 3!!! And the description is enough to make you puke.

"Sucessful, arrogant baseball superstar Tommy "Santa" Santorelli travels back in time to 1976 and relives his boyhood days on the sandlot baseball team, this time choosing friendship over glory and ultimately earning both.."

We'll always have the original and Wendy Peppercorn.

QUOTE(Brian @ Apr 10, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)
Coming soon to a video store near you...The Sandlot 3!!! And the description is enough to make you puke.

"Sucessful, arrogant baseball superstar Tommy "Santa" Santorelli travels back in time to 1976 and relives his boyhood days on the sandlot baseball team, this time choosing friendship over glory and ultimately earning both.."

We'll always have the original and Wendy Peppercorn.

Peffercorn, actually.