Music Thread

greasywheels121

I'm digging the new Jimmy Eat World "Chase This Light".

It's not nearly as dark as "Futures", which I loved. This is way "poppier" and I'm really enjoying it. Nobody does melodic "Ohh" refrains like JEW haha

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to see the Foo in Charlotte on Friday night. 2 solid hours of Foo goodness. Another solid show from Grohl and the boys, granted it would take a HELLUVA shiotty show for me to say bad things about Grohl, Hawkins, Shiflett and Nate. It was interesting though, they had Pat Smear on stage as well, from early Foos guitar fame. They also had a violin/cello player, piano player, and a 2nd drummer out with them. It REALLY made things sounds fantastic.

I think I'm gonna put a power weekend of concerts together, and before anyone even says it, yes I know most of you won't like 90% of the people I'm going to go see.

Saturday, November 4th - Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Seether in Clemson, SC

Sunday, November 5th - Cute is What We Aim For, Plain White T's, Gymclass Heroes, Fall Out Boy (not a fan of most of these, but I've wanted to see FOB a while now) in Clemson, SC

Monday, November 6th - Chris Cornell in Charlotte, NC

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Oct 6, 2007 -> 07:42 PM)
Went to see the Foo in Charlotte on Friday night. 2 solid hours of Foo goodness. Another solid show from Grohl and the boys, granted it would take a HELLUVA shiotty show for me to say bad things about Grohl, Hawkins, Shiflett and Nate. It was interesting though, they had Pat Smear on stage as well, from early Foos guitar fame. They also had a violin/cello player, piano player, and a 2nd drummer out with them. It REALLY made things sounds fantastic.

I think I'm gonna put a power weekend of concerts together, and before anyone even says it, yes I know most of you won't like 90% of the people I'm going to go see.

Saturday, November 4th - Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, Seether in Clemson, SC

Sunday, November 5th - Cute is What We Aim For, Plain White T's, Gymclass Heroes, Fall Out Boy (not a fan of most of these, but I've wanted to see FOB a while now) in Clemson, SC

Monday, November 6th - Chris Cornell in Charlotte, NC

Be sure to give us a Cornell review. I saw Soundgarden many years ago and have never again had the pleasure if listening to him live.

I'm listening to the new Ted Nugent release,Love Grenade right now. I'm a little lost on what to think. Boy...these lyrics are REALLY bad...even for Ted. I don't know what I am expecting out of it, but I started laughing out loud when he started saying "Sex shrapnel" over and over.

It sounds like Ted wants some of his guitar notoriety back, as there is some fairly nifty playing going on. Nothing mind blowing, but fun riffing and flash, like Nugent always used to be.

This stuff could be better with a better voice. He should bring back Derek St. Holmes.

"Girl Scout Cookies"...oh boy...

He re-works the Amboy Dukes tune "Journey To The Center Of The Mind" and finds his old tone again. Nice to hear it.

If you're a Nug fan, I would bet this thing will make you pretty darn happy.

I went to see Ken Andrews at the double door last night, phenomenal show. And as a bonus, he was selling a live CD only available on tour, and the recording was the show i went to in March at the double door. The sound quality on that CD was great

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Sep 30, 2007 -> 08:47 PM)
If you go to Radiohead.com you can have a download of their new album sent to you on October 10nth for FREE

I read that so far about 2/3 of downloaders have paid for the new disc on the honor system, and they've paid an average of 10 bucks each for the album.

I've also seen it on blogs, which seems silly to me if you can grab it for free from Radiohead's own site if you want to.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 08:30 PM)
I read that so far about 2/3 of downloaders have paid for the new disc on the honor system, and they've paid an average of 10 bucks each for the album.

I've also seen it on blogs, which seems silly to me if you can grab it for free from Radiohead's own site if you want to.

I'd pay for it. Good music is one of the few things I never regret paying money for.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Oct 13, 2007 -> 01:30 AM)

i'm sure its an easy way to get hits.

QUOTE(bmags @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 11:48 AM)
i'm sure its an easy way to get hits.

Oh yeah, I know why the site would post it, I just don't see why a Radiohead fan would go elsewhere unless they didn't realize they could get the disc from the band's site. Or maybe they'd feel worse taking the disc for free from the band's site?