Music Thread

greasywheels121

I waited to buy the In Rainbows cd instead of the download.I have to say that is one of my favorite albums of 07.Radiohead pays alot of attention to small details in their songs, I hear something new everytime I listen.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was pretty pleased to hear Rogue Wave in that new Zune commercial. He deserves some exposure.

What I've been listening to:

Statehood (ex Dismemberment Plan members) - Lies and Rhetoric

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Thom Yorke - Eraser

Cold War Kids - Robbers & Cowards

Bound Stems - Appreciation Night (I can't recommend this band enough, especially for fans of Modest Mouse, and anyone interested in good local music)

Just went to a concert with Rory Block, she was just phenomenal. Shes gettin up there in age, I believe 58, but her emotion makes up for the slight loss of voice ability (not sure how to word it there.) If you like blues (and some contemporary stuff) then you should check her out live or buy a cd, I was blown away by her.

I just rediscovered the Hey Hey My My Yo Yo album by Junior Senior. It was recorded in 2005 and wasn't released in the US til last fall. But the re-release came with a new 8 song EP. It's a bit of a disappointment. It's like they were hanging out in the studio with Depeche Mode. And that makes me sad.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 12:42 PM)
I just rediscovered the Hey Hey My My Yo Yo album by Junior Senior. It was recorded in 2005 and wasn't released in the US til last fall. But the re-release came with a new 8 song EP. It's a bit of a disappointment. It's like they were hanging out in the studio with Depeche Mode. And that makes me sad.

I'm a much bigger fan of "D-D-Don't Don't Stop the Beat".

QUOTE(Whitewashed in '05 @ Jan 19, 2008 -> 03:00 PM)
I've been listening to Lupe Fiasco's The Cool since it came out non-stop. Best rap album of 07. The characters can be complicated at times.

What do you guys think?

Agreed, but after listening a few more times I've been able to figure out most, if not everything about the characters.

QUOTE(MHizzle85 @ Jan 21, 2008 -> 11:48 PM)
Agreed, but after listening a few more times I've been able to figure out most, if not everything about the characters.

Gonna get the album next week myself. Hopefully I'll figure it out. Gotta be a fan of Lupe Fiasco.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jan 22, 2008 -> 07:24 AM)
Gonna get the album next week myself. Hopefully I'll figure it out. Gotta be a fan of Lupe Fiasco.

I've been hitting the best 90s hip-hop the past couple months -- Wutang, Old Dirty Bastard, GZA and Notorious, mainly.

On a completely separate note, I think I'm going to buy an NWA poster at our annual poster sale today. My friend who went earlier told me they have one -- it best not be taken yet.

I went to go see Band of Horses at the metro a little while back and they were amazing.

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 23, 2008 -> 06:23 PM)
Has anyone seen any really good live bands recently?I haven't been to a concert in a while and I just dont know anyone that I really want to see.

QUOTE(BoKnows @ Jan 24, 2008 -> 09:48 PM)
I went to go see Band of Horses at the metro a little while back and they were amazing.

I never heard them before until now.Unfortunately they arent playing in Chicago anytime soon because I would go see them.They are really good,I will pick up there album though.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 11:05 AM)
I was going to chime in and agree with you on that one, but I was thinking of HORSE the band. That was by far the craziest show I ever saw

I'll add to this "horse" theme by mentioning A Band Called Horse, one of the many side projects of Scott Lucas (Local H).

Very good group.

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Jan 10, 2008 -> 03:02 PM)
I like that 1234 song.

And I have to come clean about something. A friend gave me the last My Chemical Romance album - I have no idea what they look like, and I've never seen any of their videos, and they get a lot of s*** from posters I've seen, but this album is great. Good fast catchy songs - what more do you want? It's in major rotation on my ipod.

Black Parade was a very enjoyable album.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)
I must've deleted that part of my original post accidentally. I know I typed it and now when I saw it quoted I was like this:

:bang

I thought they were really good live. I like their records (YEAH, I still call them "records", I'm an old f***, leave me alone), but live they really impressed me.

I still like Face To Face so much more, but I think MCR are very good.

They are excellent live. 30 Seconds to Mars on the other hand, quite possibly the worse live performance I've ever seen.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 09:41 PM)
Whats next, you liking Orange County???

Yeah, thats not happening anytime soon...

You gonna come to my side of town for the Sox/Dodgers games?